Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

This rule also applies to people who read one Richard Dawkins book on atheism and think they're master theologians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

There's a whole lot of businesses who were inevitably going under who've used the virus as a convenient cover to finally give up, it's quite entertaining.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

No-one on the main roster would be a better fit for the developmental brand famous for valuing match quality than someone who has had maybe one debatably decent match in the past 2 years and has seriously hurt people on at least one occasion.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Remember when they were building Charlotte vs Asuka at Mania when Asuka was still on a huge win streak and was hot as poo poo and then Charlotte just beat her on some random PPV and the win streak was never mentioned again?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Isn't Charlotte one of the only main roster people who's actually reduced the NXT ratings when she was on?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

There’s no reason for Charlotte to be worried about her spot in this match right? She’s a champion, she’s a wwe main eventer among nxt “minor leaguers”. She has no logical reason to not help put someone over. I fear for Io going into the match .

You must be new here.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

What better way to push this modern take on old-school tag teams than to saddle them with a racist fuckwit who hasn't been relevant in over a decade?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Not surprisingly a lot of people have chosen to define "essential" as "what I want".

Runners are the worst for this, there was a dude in the running thread here last week bragging about how the French government have apparently asked runners to limit how far they're running (around 5 miles a day) and he ran over double that distance that day. Gotta keep in shape for all those races that aren't happening!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Low Desert Punk posted:

bix and dave?

asking Paul a hardball question in an interview or during a financial call accomplishes literally nothing. he'll just give a smarmy non-answer or ignore it entirely, and block that publication from ever having an opportunity to do it again. do you honestly believe dave doesn't grill Paul with questions about Saudi Arabia because he's such a big fan of the King of Kings?

Yeah, when you're limited in the amount of questions you can ask there's no point wasting that time with a question you know you're not going to get an answer to.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

JT Smiley posted:

How did this how 5G thing even start? I get that these people are just pulling poo poo out of their rear end, but still.

Conspiracies around new wireless technology always spring up, and the pandemic gave the 5G conspiracy something to really latch onto. In the UK people have been burning down 5G masts, or things they think or are told are 5G masts which are actually just regular 4G masts.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

ShootaBoy posted:

What the hell did Lawler say to set this off?

Akira Tozawa did a senton and Lawler called it a "ramen noodle moonsault".

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

By that logic we should buy VCR and co accounts so they can come poo poo up the forums outside of the dedicated poo poo opinion thread.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

cunny mcalister posted:

I thought SAS was behind the paywall; I never read logged out, so I don't pay attention. If that's the case, then I'm way wrong on that front. I was basing everything on the reason why he is not allowed to post here in the rules thread. The PMs, screenshots, and posting him in here go against the "so we can avoid endless derails about him or paying him any attention, which is what he really, desperately seems to want above all else" part of the soft ban.

Subforums go behind the paywall on rotation I believe, the only one I think that is permanently behind the paywall is Private Game Servers.

The reason Rovert is fair game in this thread is because it's the stupid fan opinions thread, and he is a stupid fan with stupid opinions despite thinking of himself as a dude with scoopz. When he was a poster here he would basically derail any thread he wanted with some vague bullshit about having insider information about whatever people were talking about at the time, forcing any conversation to focus on him and his supposed scoops. It basically made any kind of discussion impossible.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

MJeff posted:

His probes had been ramping for months, I'm pretty sure the last straw was ACH.

ACH was the last straw but he'd been pushing people's patience over Kylie Rae leaving AEW in the run up to that.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Yeah given Rovert's history I don't see how that's too sarcastic.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Boy's Lariats.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

He's just sad his favourite burger place isn't going to be open on Tuesday and fat fingered the &.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Mmm, tasty boot.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Voice actors will sign stuff as their characters all the time as well. Especially anime VAs.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I mean he's not wrong.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

He did, I saw it in a screenshot.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

MJeff posted:

They are. Dunno if it makes the chart, but they're counted in the +7 numbers for sure.

I think Bryan and Dave said around the first few months of AEW that every single non-cable method (Youtube TV etc) of watching TNT does get counted in the chart since like Nystral said it's easy and quick data to gather.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

That might be one of the best tweets posted in this thread in a while.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Yes, before TNA had TV this was their model. I think $15 PPVs on a weekly basis. It lasted I think 4 months before they became unable to pay the venue because they weren't getting enough money in.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

That's it. That's the worst thing I've seen in this thread.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

How dare someone provide context to someone explicitly asking for context.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

My first thought was fake Razor and Diesel.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Jericho certainly has at least once when he was convinced Fozzy were going to be the next big thing in music.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Yeah you gotta be careful of those people lying about having their arm amputated.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Jimmy Hart has made deals with at least one dark lord.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

There's nothing wrong with prefering brands or even defending them. The problem is when you build your whole life around them

There absolutely is something wrong with defending them, that’s what they pay a PR company to do.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

These aren’t even new takes, the ‘people hate blood money because they’re racist against arabs’ tweets pop up every time theres a saudi show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I have definitely heard of that tip before, supposedly isn't enough to impact the taste in a big way but does add some extra creaminess to the mix.