Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

It's mostly a nice reminder of how mercilessly the media dragged France for not supporting the Invasion of Iraq.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I'm personally hoping for CM Punk to Deadlock and he gets fired for kicking Pizza Guy Tony's rear end

excited to return to the beautiful Durham Armory for the inaugural GET THE gently caress OUT OF OUR COMPANY event

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
drat, Master Chief and Batman have joined the Bloodline? Now I'm on board.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

A Fancy Hat posted:

“This match was great and played upon character histories and backstories to add an extra wrinkle of storytelling” = AEW’s problem, apparently

It's not like cinema, I know that much

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Remember, WWE is the company KNOWN for making new stars and giving them characters, storylines and training that play to their strengths

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Dawgstar posted:

But he's the Tribal Chief who should win an Emmy. :ohdear:

Emmys are for television, the Bloodline is cinema so he should win an Oscar.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Burger King rules

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Because professional wrestling is a land of contrasts (also the pretapes are funny, Toni Storm Silent Starlet PiP is funny)

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Maxwell Lord posted:

The CW has been gutted so much I'm not sure it has anything people watch anymore? Zaslav hit 'em hard.

It's really the work of Nexstar more than Zaslav & Co. Nexstar bought majority ownership of the network from both WBD and Paramount, then immediately said "We've gotta start cutting costs around here, nobody's watching this genre crap!" (CW's previous programming model had basically become a way for the studios to produce shows that made a profit via international/streaming rights sales before ever hitting the airwaves; selling ads for the linear broadcast was just icing on the cake.)

The new owners claim to be in talks to produce or acquire dozens of series for new original programming, but between the strikes and their cheapness that sure didn't pan out for their 2023 Fall schedule. So the focus for the time being seems to be the cheapest programming possible, with an emphasis on discount sports. Getting paid to air LIV Golf, picking up a slate of ACC football/basketball games that were sold off at a bargain following the Bally regional sports network bankruptcy, securing the rights to NASCAR's second-tier Xfinity racing series - all of which are purely carriage deals, the leagues themselves are responsible for production.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

enigmahfc posted:

The AEW/Sega match will be a Space Channel 5-based rhythm dance off.

Oh no, first TK hires Ric Flair, and now he's got Michael Jackson on the payroll?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

bartok posted:

I learned about Sunset Boulevard because Tiny Toon Advetures did an entire episode that was just a parody of that movie. Same thing with Citizen Kane.

He was saying "Acne," you see

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
It looked like Ibushi was riding a bicycle for the first time. it looked like Ibushi had just seen a bicycle for the first time and was making an educated guess at how it operated. It wasn't a great spot.

Shard posted:

But in a Like A Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name street fight it fits about as perfectly as a glove.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
In short, professional wrestling is a land of contrasts. Thank you.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Dimebags Brain posted:

Hangman and Swerve were too badass for some people.

Why do I get the feeling that all of these "This match has forever and irreparably damaged the reputation of professional wrestling!" posts are coming from people who watch Attitude Era Raw on a loop without issue

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Seams posted:

Speaking of Leslie he’s on record as thinking QT sucks but now thinks QT leaving AEW is bad.

https://x.com/leslieleeiii/status/1729294819774586921?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Checks out. If a guy who sucks leaves a company that you also think sucks, it reinforces how bad the company must suck for the sucky guy to want out.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Tweak posted:

the one thing missing from his career is an in ring talk show segment

"Welcome to 'You Can't Escape (My Questions)'..."

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Why is "They gotta cut costs by cancelling the shows they're already getting paid for, or else they're gonna go under for sure..." the perpetual "Business Knower" argument

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
He doubly shouldn't hire any of those people because he has to cancel two shows or this whole thing is going to fold

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
There's a hydrocarbon named Big Sexy?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

coconono posted:

I’m gonna ask Shida to do an Italian accent

PINCH the sky, "Very respect"

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Hulk Hogan becoming the vector for Sci-Ti to pitch "Hey, you can LOVE JESUS but ALSO benefit from grabbing on to an E-Meter and getting Audited" to evangelicals is so stupid that it must be the truth.

A Fancy Hat posted:

*me watching a wrestler have a kickass match while commentary explains who she is and why she has beef with her opponent*

"WHY SHOULD I CARE ABOUT THIS?!?!"

See there's your problem, you are "watching wrestling" and not hanging on for a 15-minute in-ring promo to experience a WHAT 👀JUST 👀HAPPENED 👀🔥🔥🔥 story moment

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Double J you know I do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi_fq7rjxAo

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
WCW Casuals sounds like a line of branded polo shirts. Extra baggy 90's cuts.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
And just a single minute into the show!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
What a sack of poo poo

apophenium posted:

It's okay, Smoothe Dusty Rhodes can't hurt you

Also don't listen to this poster, Smooth Dusty Rhodes is Real and he can hurt you, and will, because he wants to

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I wish they had posted the next page, because I really want to hear his explanation of why this actually wasn't cruel, vile and offensive.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
don't take it too seriously, guys, it says (Parody) right there in the account name. he's just having a laugh and not earnestposting

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

super macho dude posted:

A monster jacked Eddie would be incredible, but also getting fatter would own too

Eddie should always be eating authentic New Yawk food as part of his entrance. Walking down the ramp tearing away at a big slice of Ray's pizza. Street cart hot dog. Two-fisting a bodega chop cheese and a bacon egg and cheese. Full-size pastrami sandwich from Katz's Deli with a bowl of matzoh ball soup.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

rotinaj posted:

I mean, like I said, knowledge fight

There is no shortage of people on the right wing doing that from that side, trying to grift off it and believing precisely none of it

It still sucks

It is pretty dispiriting how much overlap there is between RWM and "Wrestling Journalism." You see the exact same tactics at work, the same levers being pulled by people whose entire business model operates on being contrarian.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

CombineThresher posted:

Agreed. I feel like wrestling attracts the type of fan who doesn't know how to engage with things they're not mad at or making fun of. It just makes live shows less fun when, as one example, Willow Nightengale comes out and all of a sudden ten dudes in my section feel compelled to call her fat.

Those ten dudes, of course, in great shape; pristine physical specimens, every one of them.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Alaois posted:

if Ryan Reynolds was in Drive that'd be a way different movie lol

He'd have way more dialogue, and 90% of it would be some variation on "So...THAT just happened."

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

A Fancy Hat posted:

The Lore of the Dark Order - Basically just BTDO but with a 5 million dollar per episode budget.

It's still just them hanging out backstage, but like Homer's fantasy of being rich on The Simpsons they're all significantly larger and covered in 14 karat gold

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

wrestling needs more fat sweaty men that run out of gas quickly

Representation Matters. If people see more fat sweat guys who gas easily in the media, they'll be more accepting of me.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
From today's Cageside Seats Rumor Roundup, always reliable for this kind of thing:

Note: Stephanie McMahon's name was nowhere in the article, nor any mention of news related to her.

(Also note: Stephanie knew.)

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

MassRafTer posted:

https://twitter.com/MovieMarvin/status/1760014682411106414

Nesting doll of the worst account on X Dot Com (the home of free speech.)

"good on his epic fails"

WELL WELL WELL LOOK WHO'S EPIC FAILING NOW, YOU IDIOT, YOU CLOD

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

little munchkin posted:

imagine being one of the hundreds of cloutsharks with handles like "Smark Academy" who spent the last 5 years trying to build a media brand based on being the biggest hater possible and then loving ice cube's son line jumps all of you

First he's handed a movie career, now he's king of the fedbrain Twittersphere. Nepo babies are out of control.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The only things that true fans should chant is "Thank you Vince"

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

its really funny because the people that seemed the msot convinced that wrestling had to be real... was wrestlers who knew it was fake

Isn't there a bit in Jericho's first book where he explains that he taught himself how to do worked moves "by accident" as a kid, thinking "Well, they do this in the ring and it hurts (because it's real), but I think if you tuck your chin and roll through at the end, you'll be fine"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Stand Up for WWE, Even the Parts They Don't Want You To

...is because he's a normal human man, who is NOT dealing with any issues regarding his image or career