Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

im watching the preshow and i guess eli drake just showed up, i didnt know who he was, and his name now is LA Knight

so, yea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

a jeb! fro

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

i think the dynamite theme is a POD - boom ripoff dont @ me

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

that ur mom bed room friend

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

my first though about that zoey/io clip when someone posted it was about the FCW/preNXT wrestlers who had the website bios and like over half of them listed sushi as their favorite food because they trained and wrestled in a shopping mall with a sushi place, and that was in 2006 or whatever

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

A talking coyote posted:

Diamanté is Cuban B, I believe Ivelisse is Puerto Rican though.

Efb

YES!

CUBAN B!

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Cavauro posted:

it's due to his very discomforting appearance—like one of the large creatures from a miyazaki film which could crush or eat you, regardless of its intent—that i find big daddy unworthy of being celebrated or discussed. please don't post big daddy on this website. i'm trying to make more requests lately to shape this forum into what i'd like it to be.

what about rikishi

e: oh big daddy was like 6'6 lmao, ok what about viscera

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Cavauro posted:

it's not about height or weight. it's not about human appearance. every person is beautiful. i mean no ill-will. but from the front of his stomach to the middle of his back, the wrestler big daddy was eight feet long. he had something else inside of him that humans don't have. i won't speak on this further. i don't want to be misunderstood

what about dr. robotnik

e:

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

the Real Eggman

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Zombie Lemur posted:

Gaytanic Panic, but for real this time.

an effy / tommy end tag team would be sick as gently caress tbh

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

wwe brain makes them believe that Vince is one big dumb weightlifter away from hulkamania 2 and 20 million fans watching on tv

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I went back and watched Fuego’s first match and I will say that he has clearly put a lot of work in to bulk up to look more like an actual wrestler rather than a 12 year old wearing a 15 year old’s Luchador Halloween costume.

i think on his reddit ama he did a few weeks ago he said he never really took the workout part of it seriously and he's always been a slim guy with fast metabolism, but now that he's in aew he's working on his body more

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

MrMovieMashpotatobrains

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

dr luther shoudl be on the cover of the video game pointing at his head and thats it thats the whole cover

no video game name, no aew branding, nothing, just the deathmatch legend

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

A Fancy Hat posted:

Booker T was my favorite wrestler growing up (I quit watching wrestling completely for a few years when HHH beat him at Mania) and it honestly breaks my heart to see some of his current takes on things.

Does he honestly think CM Punk should have started talking about Chicago landmarks for a cheap pop? Or is he just saying that because he wants to get in the good graces of WWE Management? Either way, this sucks.

no he honestly is hurt by cm punk not being happy with the company that treated him poorly because thats bookers company too and those types of things hurt his feelings but the only alternative he can come up with is "hey local thing we all like, right? yeah!" because he's been brain poisoned by vince mcmahon and it sapped all his creativity

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Shard posted:

who is she I have no idea

some weirdo internet personality grifter that i think grifts cornette fans? or something i dont even know or really care thats just what has managed to permeate my brain from being online too much

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

the knicks av just makes it legit kind of sad

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

I wonder what Punk will do in the company where the majority of the EVPs are also the top heels.

finally heel corporate cody comes to life and punk must Enter The Codyverse

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

he kicked my rear end and then flipped me the bird but i dont know why aew counts that, it was in a grocery store parking lot and i think he was mad at something else but i didnt want to ask

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

the skull end isn't a finisher but sanada wants us to believe that it is, however i refuse

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

MJeff posted:

Discussing PAC's utilization in AEW is difficult but worthwhile. The dude is not featured as much as he should be and frankly I think you can make the argument that losing to Andrade is not the best use of him. But it's difficult to get too far into because we dont know how much of this is that the guy doesnt want to or cannot live in the US full time. Even then, though. I dont think he would be be TNT Champ or fighting Kenny 1 on 1 if he was available every week and you can make a reasonable argument that's the level he should be at, not getting other people over. He's one of the best wrestlers in the world.

The absolutely deranged part of that is the idea that WWE would treat him any better when we literally saw them gently caress him out of money and squander his talent over and over and over for YEARS.

Remember when he had the best match at Wrestlemania and then got hosed out of any DVD money?

i still think about the stereo SSPs he and fenix did to the outside a lot, it just loops in my head constant because of how well sync'd it was and how loving cool it looked

push pac

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

forkboy84 posted:

He's probably the only realistic alternative over the course of the decade. Depends what we're calling the decade, 2010-2019 or 2011-2020, because Okada's 2020 was dogshit.

wow, someone isn’t a fan of the best maneuver in professional wrestling, the money clip, I guess

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

My favorite NFL team is the Carolina Panthers. That doesn’t mean I want our rival the Falcons to go out of business. I don’t get these people at all. I don’t even get online to poo poo talk or hate view poo poo I don’t like I just…don’t engage with it, the western world is obsessed with being upset.

idk if I dislike the falcons or the saints more, boy I sure do hate the saints too tho

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

Howabout them 3-0 Cats though!

love it, rip jaycee's foot and cmacs hammy ;-; cmac will be back at least and maybe matt rhule will stop running him into the ground but WHATEVER NFC SOUTH #1 WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

The Taxman posted:

He does great videos with Jon Bois, rather upset to see how bad his wrestling takes are (not sure if this is him)

i think you’re talking about kofie yeboah…

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

forkboy84 posted:

Yeah, smart people get mad he didn't give me 5 in ROH

sup bryan hows the farm

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

i dont think we need to keep reiterating how much former poster trevor sucks

although it is funny aj gray was talking poo poo about him after trev tried to slander his wrestling to bix

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Zombie Lemur posted:

The Bucks shoe "controversy" is really dumb because their whole heel gimmick is that they're ridiculous, inauthentic tryhards that get more over the top with each passing week because they have a warped sense of what will make them look cool.

it wasnt about the bucks most likely

Eat My Fuc posted:

You and I can do this when our tag team debuts on the final episode of NXT 3.0 in a couple years

nxt 1.0 the indie vanilla midget era

nxt 2.0 the bodybuilder vince dream throwback era

nxt 3.0 the posters era

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

karmicknight posted:

I hope his shilling is compensated.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alfredkonuwa/

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Coaaab posted:

now i know there's complaints about ref distraction finishes in aew, but i'm dead certain there's been nowhere near 73 of 'em this year

its 73 DQs across WWE brands this year, only 2 in AEW

VVVV oh I'm dumb and misread it while quoting it lol

boxcarhobo fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Oct 19, 2021

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Davros1 posted:

When Fish kicked out at 3.1 after Punk slowly crawled his way over to make the pin. *Verboten* thinks Fish was going into business for himself and of course, is accusing Meltzer of not reporting it.

lmfao what a stupid mark

e: punk wasn’t confused that he won, he was shocked and checking with the ref that he actually got 3 because it was so close, I’m tired of this Bobby Fish insanely tight 3.01 kickout erasure

boxcarhobo fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Oct 30, 2021

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

bobby fish kicked out a 3.1 because he was supposed to lose and was helping punk sell the busted knee/long time to cover part of the story in the match, i feel like im taking crazy pills

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

That’s Dave mustaine

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

i instinctively type ya'll fsr idk why ive always done it

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

:rolleyes:

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Elephant Ambush posted:

This is correct and not a bad take

lmao

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

im the perverts

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

punks entire aew run has been him telling the story of how hes fuckin washed up compared to what he once was, but hes still pretty dang good

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

love to pay hundreds of dollars to get a sign on tv so random weirdos will like my tweet about it, makes my life worth living

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

emf can just post in here himself you dont have to do it for him