Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

wdarkk posted:

Does anybody else using the mac version have a shitload of crashes since S9? Even on minimum settings I'm crashing.

I don't know if this means anything but I'm running it on Mint and it's been on the Legacy of Romulans loading screen for ages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
What the gently caress, it finally let me log in but it maxed out my graphics settings somehow. Weird poo poo.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Nobody even liked aatrek when he was mod so guy here is pretty dumb

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
fuuuuck you guuuuy

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
That really made my day.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

FrostyJones posted:

This is enough to make me trash my Avenger.

Awwwwwwww I just bought one aawwwwww

Speaking of which, what are the best Phaser cannons? I've got the dual heavies right now but I was wondering if there was some math bullshit that made other choices more obviously desirable.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Nessus posted:

Oh, so they're the Ferengi and you're the kindly Starfleet post-scarcity environment. Excellent.

Glorious people's wealth redistribution program for great freedom!

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
The Gal-X is the best ship

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

LordCo posted:

The latest pics are in from Chuck, our man in Abidjan. This time Chuck is wearing a sensible summer dress and wig and posing in the local dirt patches.

And my <ahem> personal favourite...

There are 10 images for each sign, each taken in a slightly different location (it varies from set to set). All 60 pics are at http://imgur.com/a/vvoS3

When this game started I never thought it would come to this

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Goat Pillager posted:

So, I had Marquisnor PM me out of nowhere today, claiming Dental and NoP would not fight him. I took him up on it.

After losing badly with these results

To this mighty ship

He chose to rant at me inanely for a while, and I thought about trolling him but decided "No...let's see what happens when I act civil to a completely batshit pubbie".

This being the result: http://pastebin.com/XnFLx5Cy

Short summary, this man is far beyond broken or shattered and completely, irredeemably insane.

Heh, he lost to the bestship

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I'm never going to get used to reading about actual developments happening with this game.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

naz1911 posted:

Anything worth coming back to in season 9 or is is the same old rebadged garbage Craptic are famous for?

Post more then come back and ask that

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
You guys aren't getting the monthly Dental Dil stipend? You have to remember to tick the right box in your account settings.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
this game attracts the weirdest fuckoids

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

SKY COQ posted:

Try and get a photo with some devs while wearing the hat.

The reactions to this would be priceless.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Zarrin posted:

I'm wearing the hat for sure, but the panels are really hands-off. There may be an opportunity during a "Meet the Devs" event at the bar later on Saturday. I'm really looking forward to hearing the pubbies questions.

Drink with them. That's an order, Mister.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZGuvyM8C88

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Cyberball 2072 posted:

For everyone coming back after a long hiatus take note that the base level of excitement related to this game is so low that the above passes for drama, excitement, and entertainment. We really should all quit and take up wood carving or something.

"Some Trek radio DJ said "gently caress AL" on their convention livestream, not knowing the mic was on(referring to Gecko -- they were pissed Priority One got a shout out and not them) and I blew it out of proportion on the forums"

That is the peak of fun to be had in STO. loving think about how lame that paragraph is and how lame that means the actual game is. Anyone that ever had an STO account should feel at least a twinge of embarrassment and shame for having a connection to any of this.

And yet this is still more entertaining to read about than "serious" video games I would actually have to pay money to play.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
"I don't like/get DS9" is a pretty good way to tell if someone is one of those lovely nerds that just mindlessly consumes media because they can't stand thinking too hard about anything

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Bieeardo posted:

Eh, okay. While I didn't really care for DS9 as a series, it was head and shoulders above what came afterward. When the original actor for Janeway quit, they claimed she hadn't realized the rigors of episodic filming. I think it was the apparent lack of a series bible and the whiplash of characterization from episode to episode that made her decide her integrity was worth more than the paycheque.

It's more likely because she was loving terrible and managed to suck whatever limited energy there was out of every scene she was in, seriously if you don't believe me go find the footage on youtube it's rank as hell

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

A Fancy Bloke posted:

Are you saying you don't appreciate the hot breaking news that a pubbie made a joke?

By all means do something funny yourself or gently caress off

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Aleth posted:

Acid's right; we need to do more mass fuckery and stop this lovely slapfighting bollocks.

All Gal-X pvp teams, let's do it

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Butts did Wolf 359

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I remade my party popper macro and after about 20 minutes someone told me to put my balloons up my rear end in a top hat. This game is fun.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

g0del posted:

:colbert: How are we supposed to stand up for ourselves in the real world if we're all in wheel chairs?

One beep for yes two beeps for no

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure there's still an irc channel somewhere

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

NurhacisUrn posted:

He's dead already.

Man they really hosed up the colour timing on the blu ray

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

GoatSeeGuy posted:

6 engineering slot Galaxy ahoy!

My Gal-X will continue to be the best ship

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
There are around a dozen or so really solid episodes of Voyager. Problem is the show was crapping out over 20 episodes a season for 7 years, so that's bad. Even worse when there were consistently whole blocks of awesome DS9 episodes made at or around the same time before they hit even a mediocre one.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I know games like this are nothing but timesinks but that upgrade crap doesn't even seem remotely fun

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
The new ships are just more from the "fighter planes r kewll! STEATLH TECKNOLOGYYYY BRO xtreeeeme" school of sci fi art direction, poo poo sucks

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
The Guardian is pretty spiffy looking, I hope it's not a shitbarge

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
this image is simultaneously occupying three trek threads at once

the anti time liquor anomaly is collapsing

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

FuturePastNow posted:

The slider will be renamed "Hip Depth" or something when it goes live, but yes, the Butts slider is happening.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I can't justify logging in if it's nothing but a grind. Games should be fun, not a time sink

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Listening to Xean's advice turned that man into Christopher Lambert?

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
So how long before CBS notices and pulls the license?

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
So what's the best way to level for a scrub starfleet dental at this point ?

e: I think the irc channel is still going somehow as well

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
do we have enough dil yet for the clicky alien rapetable

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
hey who was that guy who died in the goating accident from way back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
It's a shame because there's a lot of love in the game (I appreciate how the warp core icons represent cores from the various shows and movies, for example) and a lot of legit improvements over the years like the "new" old Spacedock.

Why can't there just be a solid space game with enough of an online component to gently caress with idiots that take it all too seriously in? Seems like everything's either hopelessly mismanaged shlock or vapourware with a cult following

Tighclops fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jul 24, 2015

• Locked thread