Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Mr Wikstroem posted:

The man came here from EVE, I'm pretty sure he knows all about pubbies.

In EVE "pubbie" is just another word for "ATM"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Also you're supposed to run and wait for reinforcements. You literally can't take the thing alone.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

DangerDan posted:

Daily reminder that the people who play this game are totally broken.

What the gently caress did I just read?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Well do they or do they not like blokes, don't leave me hanging.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
I like how his solution is in Basic because that's still used a lot today for making games.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Lorak posted:

Far as I know, it uses the same palette as the corvette, so super-pink.

I'm not sure that's pink enough though

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Bring back /powerhue

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Burning_Monk posted:

Let not forget the greatest reason for Single cannons, making a Vo'quv your own personal Battlestar! :bsg:

That's what turrets are for

Edit: Whiny people doing stupid poo poo and god not included. What does god need with a starship anyway?

Morglon fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jun 4, 2014

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Acer Pilot posted:

Why'd you have to specify the elf was dark, you racist.

Because of the level adjustment and the racial bonus to hide.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Doctor Zero posted:

And nobody mention the new party grenade we're developing.

It's being taken care of by top men.

Edit: top men.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

300 Earth Dollars posted:

why does everyone instantly think "oh my sto character that looks like it's from a lovely 2004 FPS is in a bathing suit now so I should take 700 screenshots and post them everywhere"

and no im not complaining about the funny ones

like who thinks their trill w/ a reading rainbow visor in a bikini is "cool"?

Unjoined scum.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Just get a space shotgun and be done with it

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Berke Negri posted:

where is my blood zen, denalt hivemind

It was spent when we had to upgrade our Starbase to field the space F-35.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Rom Tac is pretty much "the best" you can do right now in terms of loving poo poo up but any faction and career will work. There's enough cross faction content to get you to cap but there are also plenty of regular story missions for everybody so you should be fine there too. Klingons suck for costumes, Romulans are a bit better but if you want to play dressup you pretty much want to go Fed. Also go grind the summer event daily right now for a sweet sweet endgame ship.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Aleth posted:

Is there no end to these malicious lies?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhYg5KBfukU

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Atrayonis posted:

Also good to know that once again only the feds can innovate while everyone else just copies.

Oh please, Fed tech is so needlessly bloated an barely works. Feds being the US and Klingons being the Russians is really an apt description.

Fed log: "... Mission was aborted when Ensgin Fuckpipe bumped into a console. It exploded and killed 37."

Klingon log: "... then we went there and killed the gently caress out of some assholes."

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Punting posted:

Yet.

Just wait, soon we'll be able to harass the pubbie hordes with the soothing sounds of Blue Oyster Cult.

Crossdressing and Queen

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

MikeJF posted:

Any word on Aegis?

You only get that in Tokyo anyway

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
The canon Picard Maneuver is a short warp jump so you create a sensor echo and appear to be in two places at once. Then some Ferengi tries to murder you because he's dumb.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Mr Wikstroem posted:

Look, that Picard maneuver was used like twice or something whereas the real one was used in every episode. :colbert:

And since I'm a giant nerd I already knew that it was a warp jump but that isn't funny.

I disagree, shoving a torpedo up some Ferengi's rear end is never not funny.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Lagomorphic posted:

The fused gun is a pain and ultimately they're just fairly expensive decent science ships. The KDF and Rom versions are interesting mostly because of the dearth of science options for those factions. They're not terrible they're just not that great and having a $100 pack attached really doesn't help the impression. The hate is pretty irrational but hating on mediocre ships is half the fun of this game (the other half is flying them and still outperforming baddies).

Oh please, you could idle at spawn and have your carrier pets outperform entire groups.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Slavery? Someone call space Lincoln. I believe he is Centari.

I'm fairly sure doing anything in the Foundry requires you to agree to their TOS and those almost certainly state that Cryptic owns the rights to whatever you do with it. Not that I wouldn't like being paid that much for making GBS threads on a keyboard though. By reading this post you agree to pay me all your money.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
I can somewhat see how they'd be pissed though depending on how the system works. It could replace the poo poo mission you bang out in two minutes with some fankwank that vomits text at you for three hours.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
I tend to prefer things like the Duty Officer cap increase. That's per character though so if you alt a lot it won't do much for you. Also since fashion is the end game more costume slots and those are even account wide.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Berke Negri posted:

Since 90% of ground I do these days is Voth battle zone I've ended up dropping turrets/generators from all my boffs as they're just a big "ARTILLERY FALL ON ME" bullseye and boff AI will stop and bend over to set one up which means time not spent healing my shields or firing at a trex.

Are you kidding? That's exactly why I went all turrets. I just park my guys somewhere and run around that area killing stuff and using consoles. Even if their bunker gets hit they'll have it up and running again in literal seconds and I rarely have to worry about them or revive someone. It's super low effort and gets the job done.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Aleth posted:

I'm cautiously optimistic that they are what with the nature of the fixes and releases they've been doing lately. Crafting is finally getting an overhaul, the traits system was redone, KDF uniforms being fixed, Borg/Undine missions being revised and so on all are things that have needed addressing for some time.

Yeah but they're adapting crafting to what it is in Neverwinter which is actually worse because it suckers you in and makes you spend your precious dil on gambling.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

CrushedWill posted:

Is Arc down, or am I just special?

Stop using that piece of poo poo and get it on Steam. Or at least get the standalone launcher from somewhere.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Used to spawn at least once a day and it was easy as gently caress to get >30% crit on it. Also there are other sources for those guys if you really don't want to do the cluster chains but there's also no reason not to.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Dynamite Dog posted:

God drat I was hoping for an answer that didn't make me look like an idiot, maybe next time. Thanks though. That also answered my other question about what to buy first with my dil.

You should've figured out what to do with your dil by the time you were like 12.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Dely Apple posted:

They left their awful old crafting system in place too though, on Deferi the guy who crafts planet-specific stuff does it through the general crafting system window :downs:

Cryptic half assing things again, not all that surprised.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

-Troika- posted:

How do I measure my DPS?

3d20x10000

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Asimo posted:

Yeah, Feds don't really... do the cloaking thing.

They should though, just dropping the cloak on the veteran ship without getting anything in return just makes it plain worse. Also it's insanely ugly.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

TescoBag posted:

Is this something I'm going to have to pay for?

You get to keep it if you've ever been subscribed so I recommend doing that for a month while leveling for a bunch of goodies.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Aleth posted:

According to the in-game calendar next 'weekend' (31st-4th) is R&D weekend with +50% R&D XP and a bunch of other stuff. Not that it's going to speed up things that much.

Not gonna help any. Everybody who's a big enough idiot to max it out already has, everybody else has written it off. Hopefully some of the people who bitched actually quit.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Northerneye posted:

OP doesn't get what he wants so he wants the game to die.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1178841

Some people just want to watch the world burn, nothing wrong with that.

Pretty clear though that the game won't fail any time soon, there's enough idiots around who just eat that poo poo up regardless of how much they get hosed over.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

MikeJF posted:

Can an omni-directional beam get an [over] modifier as well as [arc]?

If so that'll be best, I guess. Also RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE.

Can't you get [over] that?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Asimo posted:

The (equally lovely) Neverwinter crafting system isn't quite designed the same, but there's a similar idea behind and it and you can definitely run multiples of the same job as often as slots allow even if there's nothing quite equivalent to the 20-hour big-XP jobs STO has. It's pretty clear that being able to run multiple XP jobs in a single school was completely intentional (so you could max one out in a month or three without spending dilithium, rather than sometime next near) but apparently that wasn't meeting PWE's metric for monetization or somethingso it got crippled quickly. Considering how rushed the patch was, it makes me wonder if it was intended for season 10 and was heavily rushed as a stopgap after the summer event ended when it became clear the content patch was still a while out.

I've said way too much about it, but really the saddest thing is I just don't... care? I don't even hate it, it's just completely irrelevant and I'm glad they didn't try to force some giant mandatory dilithium sink onto everyone. The only real thing that's worrying is that STO's mostly thrived so far on having an incredibly permissive F2P scheme (yeah yeah, $25 ships and gamble boxes... but you can go completely from start to endgame without ever spending a cent if you really wanted to) and the revamped crafting is the first real blatant sign of that being whittled away by PVE. Ah well. :shrug:

Neverwinter only lets you run three copies of the same mission, even if you have all the slots unlocked and the only useful thing to actually run is leadership which is pretty much what the rest of the duty officer system is here, gives you random stuff and diamonds to buy Zen with.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Korgan posted:

Dunno if anyone can invite to fleet without you being logged on, best bet is to just keep spamming the lazy shitlords in thenextgooneration until one of them wakes up and invites.

Yes you can. You can even invite your own alts.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Tactical Bonnet posted:

Quoting myself to make sure it gets seen, but I also have a question that I can't find an answer to with google:

Is there a way to prevent your cloak from dropping every time one of your bridge officers talks to you? It's very annoying when a sudden pop-up of crew chatter knocks me out of stealth and into combat.

Well you see, sound carries better in space because there is no air to get in the way so when someone on your ship so much as sneezes the enemy will detect you. It's an old thing that's been around since launch and at this point I don't think they'll ever do anything about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Another shuttle just hit the second star base.

• Locked thread