Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Are you guys still using mumble? Tried hopping on it the other night but it was not working, or it now requires a password?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Lorak posted:

Good news: the Luxury Liner only costs 40 Pearls if you have the Liner on another character already. Same with the Corvette and any previously-owned one.
EDIT: Sadly, the third engine doesn't copy the other two properly, but you can turn it off if you wish and use only two engines.

Looks like an Oracle science ship, whats going on here?

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

naz1911 posted:

Anything worth coming back to in season 9 or is is the same old rebadged garbage Craptic are famous for?

I smell a Panda

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

They are starting to complain on the dead horse thread about not being able to complain. This made my night.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Thought they were the remnants of what was left of PVP for the last few months. Then again I have not queued up for PVP in almost a year. I'm a little sad about that really. PVP was actually kind of fun before all the PVE grinding just to be somewhat competitive without spending a dime. I didn't care so much about the exploits and the power creep because most of us had access to that stuff.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Mondian posted:

So Talaxians have been confirmed and they said there'd be a new boff class too....

I'm sensing Morale Officer!

Emergency Power to Party III

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Tuskin38 posted:

Few more images

Cool, looks like I won't be spending money on STO this year.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Dingdong914 posted:

Can I get sorted on the wiki? Registered as Dingdong914.

Thanks for supporting the "Something Awful" Forums. I assure you during your time with us you will be treated with the utmost respect! Please don't forget to purchase the platinum upgrade. It's worth it!

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

A Fancy Bloke posted:

It's like they are actively trying to kill player confidence in spending money on lockboxes and ships.

It won't stop nerds from obsessively owning everything that gets poo poo out. Many people will admit the game sucks however the only reason they stick around is because of the IP. Same reason why they will continue to dump cash. It's hilarious.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

I Googled Futashy. I wish I didn't.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

SKY COQ posted:

The bot has a better chance of developing a social life.

Hope my "space bar" bots don't get banned.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

That's more like it

I was an early adopter of the Aquarius and have regretted it for a long time. No more!

Lafarg fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Oct 1, 2014

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Frankenstyle posted:

I ran one up from Mk IX to a purple XIII, and for everything but Borg I love it more than my upgraded TR-116B. Actually, a lot more. Using it feels like cheating.

If you like the piercing beam guns you'll love the Voth Shocktrooper Cannon. It's in the lobi store if you can spare the lobi.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Cyberball 2072 posted:

I haven't had time to mess with any other ships yet but I kinda like the Intel Cruiser if done up right. Reminds me of the carriers in Starship Troopers or a Sith Infiltrator. (Interceptor? darth maul's ship)

RIP Rodger Young

Lafarg fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Oct 17, 2014

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

MikeJF posted:

I gave in and I'm trying to powerlevel from 54 to 56 to get him before they take away customisation and... I can't even find a way anymore. The only way I can see to level in any appreciable way is to slowly doff your way up.

I'm not really in a rush to get to sixty anyways considering there is not much waiting for me at the end.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Asimo posted:

Yeah. Tribble is basically there to test whether the server can actually run the patch without imploding. Everything else is generally ignored, and doubly so when the patch in question is being heavily rushed.

Also I think it was limited to subscribers, not lifetimers, like with LoR; still not the widest pool but a larger set.

Then they turned Tribble into "Free Preview!" for subs only.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Korgan posted:

Leaks page got updated with an upcoming T6 ship. See if you can guess which ship it's gonna be!

If it is what I think it is, I have been barking up that tree for the better part of last month.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Time for another "getting the old team back together" routine.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Mondian posted:

Someone put together an 80s style "getting ready" montage video please.

Lots of jumping jacks and pushups.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Xexre posted:

poo poo lost

I think I just pooped a little.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Goat Pillager posted:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9005093

Oh look, the T6 Intrepid announcement, and it's really really terrible. Time to buy an Eclipse with my hoarded zen.

I was really looking forward to Cryptic going overboard with this one. It's a marginal upgrade at best.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Lorak posted:

I was looking forward to the Warship Voyager Battle Science Vessel. :(

This was the best part

quote:

DISCLAIMER: All information in this blog post is subject to change.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Korgan posted:

:gowron:

That thread is going to get deleted shortly, I just dropped in the tale of Aotc copping a 24 hour ban for asking for help with our community event.

It's fun interacting with Branflakes the pubbie.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

bubbles depo posted:

The true tragedy of the patch. :(

On the bright side the Intel sci ship got a secondary deflector and sensor analysis! I'm not even going to put any science crap on it now. Tractor beams and surgical strikes. Might give Technical's Nova a run for it's money.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

HouseMD posted:

Posting for an invite into thenextgooneration, name is greene@green7cav

Sponsoring this pubbie. He is IRL BFF. Sponsor is @sonicshower.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Aleth posted:

Some kind of BFF you are making him play sto with us. :colbert:

He already was playing otherwise I would have told him to gently caress off.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

I can now start selling nerve tonics again?!

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

HouseMD posted:

I'm on cymbalta and pain meds and I'm still not a twat... jussayin.. most of the time anyway

But you're also married with children, so you need those things.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=21244731&postcount=1

quote:

I want this ship bad, I really want it bad. I dropped 300$ to get it, thats 48,000 zen all spent on boxes, 187 of them, there has to be a bug for me to not have gotten it. what gives

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

BombermanX posted:

gently caress THIS GAY EARTH

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Goat Pillager posted:

Nah, it's sort of on the edge of the cliff right now, glass of whiskey in one hand and loaded gun in the other.
At this point, maybe Cryptic can step back and fix what's hosed up, or maybe PWE is just going to have it pull the trigger and take the plunge.
Be interesting to see either way.

They usually don't leap without some sort of parachute. Can't wait to see what it is though.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Lagomorphic posted:

It's adorable that you don't think they're going to be doing another 9 pack.

That's coming too.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Doing the needful.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Looking at those percentages I am downright shocked any KDF/rom content ever gets made. And 11% both makes legacy of Romulus a dismal failure, and is a good indicator that you really can't listen to the Internet, people went on and on about rom ships and playable Roms and then when it comes out...

11%

Think about how low the KDF numbers are, and then remember most of the KDF demographics are farming alts.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Asimo posted:

As a warning, the upcoming patch is fixing the boff skill training so you can turn them into manuals and such. But you also won't be able to train commissioned officers anymore, so if you wanted to shuffle diplomacy boffs or the like then now's the time.

In other words buy up all the cheap boffs on the exchange with decent powers, then you can convert them into training manuals next week.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Celoth posted:

So I've been a bit of a lurker around here, first time poster as of today. My main is in REDdit alert but I keep being told by a goon buddy of mine (who bought me the sub here) that I should ditch reddit and become one of you.

So here I am. Teach me your ways, o goon overlords.

Good afternoon fellow trekkie! All new goons fresh off of the boat are required to post an introduction thread in the "FYAD" subforum below "GBS". Content should be a thorough, well-read post, including a detailed history with previous forum groups, and game guilds. This is a basic requirement that we are all required to do and no one is excluded. I look forward to learning more about you!

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Tunicate posted:

Might make DBB omniAP gimmick builds a little less gimmicky, maybe.

Depends on how it interacts with torp spread and stuff.

A high yield might be something comparable in damage to a beam overload.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

SKY COQ posted:

The rage is beautiful.

They are up to almost half a dozen rage threads already.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Be KDF aligned. Can't remember which but it comes with a ship. Feds gotta buy that lockbox reward pack.

Vandal Destroyer, Nausicaan fish looking whatchamacallit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

SDRD posted:

But omni beams you mean turrets? Would it be worth switching from a good cannon build to a beam build?

Yes

• Locked thread