Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

pram posted:

google+ interface is really loving bad

i forget what happened to google messages or whatever their im thing was but it's in g+ now under hangouts, and whenever you mouseover poo poo it pops up profiles that just sort of linger and hold focus as you're trying to type your message

very annoying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

it's cool we'll all be living in water world by then

i am bored and full of cider right now and will answer the first 3 questions about working for google

what kind of cider is it?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

pretty terrible, angry orchard ginger something. i think angry orchard is the barqs root beer of ciders where anheiser busch or someone bought a venerable brand just as a shortcut in to a market.

yeah i just saw an ad for it last night and it was pretty goofy

just an old man scowling in front of some trees

the idea of cider was tempting but probs not their implementation

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

cremnob posted:

im just a non-technical man that has google pegged :smugmrgw:

pics or it didn't happen

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Install Windows posted:

how do you yospost and not know about the rdf

it has the word semantic right in it, gosh

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Broken Machine posted:

It's debatable whether the current US model is even really democratic. I'm not really too personally interested in economic theory but I do keep up on it somewhat.

There was a good interview with Bill Moyers and Krugman discussing Piketty's Capital a few weeks ago on Moyers' show.
Here's a video of the interview and a transcript. The reaction to Capital has been fairly hilarious, there are some lol Forbes articles about it

But anyway Moyers had a monologue after the interview, and he said:

Looking forward to that study.

I actually like Google okay, they have good services if you're a small business. It does suck how they abruptly drop things or modify interfaces, often with little input from the outside.

Butts

:yosbutt:

carlin was right

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Kheldragar posted:

When will Google have its own OS?

they do it's called gtfo

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
:nws:http://i.imgur.com/BGP4EXh.gif

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sudo Echo posted:

demolition man coming true every day

strange days :getin:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

duTrieux. posted:

aaaaaaaaahhhh no jesus save me

no atheists in glassholes :monocle:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

flakeloaf posted:

without shooters i wouldn't have found out about my secret judeo-hispanic negroid heritage

same but secretly gay

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

theadder posted:

fishmechs connection to wikipedia seems to have been slowed

maybe pay for a fast lane!?

fishmech neutrality pls

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Install Windows posted:

people don't tend to tune into people who are just plain streaming unless its something like a leaked game or something.

people who get major stream followings tend to be good at doing running commentary on what they're playing and why they're playing it, and often get their audience involved in choices if the game offers real choices or w/e

use the white phosphorus:ovr:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

pseudorandom name posted:

quick, somebody post that android vine

search terms for that are abysmal

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Install Windows posted:

telling my broker to short apple worked for me :smugdog:

trophy-ko sez death to capitalism

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

ask arthur andersen how that worked out. the big four sure loved it.

but seriously i agree. also personal responsibility for executives and board members.

that was in the before time

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Install Windows posted:

this is why it was correct that microsoft got away with bundling trident, it simply makes sense for a web age os to have html rendering built into the system, especially as it simplified things like the disparate markups used in things like older style help files and poo poo.

also, netscape deserved to die for trying to keep the paid browser business model going while providing an inferior product and then being unable to support said paid product.

when i was in high school i worked for the school isp and sold/installed a bunch of netscapes right out of the box with that dumb wheel logo

weird to think about people paying for a browser but the customers were old and i got to find out that cj poo poo sucks at a relatively early age

got to meet david h. depatie (he drew the pink panther and had a grudge against peter sellers for killing himself) so that was cool i guess

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

LastInLine posted:

what did he say when you told him sellers died of a heart attack and not suicide?

he didn't kill himself literally but he drank himself to an early grave, was the gist

we laughed with him but it's like, you're old and got rich drawing a cartoon don't gripe so much

he wanted more sequels so he could draw the credit sequences i guess

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

LastInLine posted:

that makes it funnier to me somehow that theres this guy out there (who was?) upset that a great actor had personal demons and struggles with self medicating not because of the toll on the person and not because it deprived the world of more of his art and craft but because it affected him personally financially

i want to draw my funny lolita pictures but that rear end in a top hat sellers went and killed himself and we can never have more of these movies

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Boxturret posted:

but i like yospos :(

what's the best dirt you've read in yospos?

tbc is an unrepentant writer of php

uhh, jonny290 lived in arkansas

i got nothing

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

cremnob posted:

Brin is now taking a 10-second video of his interviewers with Glass. It is awkward in the exact same way that it is always annoying when someone uses Glass in your presence.

"Here's my hotel key, Walt, for later," Brin says, after it falls out of his pocket. "I'll keep the Glass off — I promise." WHAT IS HAPPENING

lol

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Linguica posted:

OF COURSE the video has that stupid loving whimsical-glockenspiel type music

OF COURSE it does

loving lol

the banality of evil music

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

duTrieux. posted:

holy poo poo

it really makes the thread

i'd suggest closing it for posterity but i'm averse to making new ones so let's keep going until larry brin buys sealand or whatever

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Nintendo Kid posted:

this is one of my favorite parts of being on klout, i actually liked a few of the samples i was sent enought to start using the products.

:stare:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

theadder posted:

something awful llc

couldn't have been

nobody there knows how to use a computer

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

CrazyLittle posted:

apparently home depot is a google cloud technology company.

https://cloudnext.withgoogle.com/

home depot has the biggest touch screen registers i've seen

it's very futurey

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Wheany posted:

yesterday when i started navigation in maps, it showed me an information balloon with "say ok google call mom" pointing to the microphone icon on the maps search box.

gently caress you, just show me my loving route.

just saw this episode of black mirror

i have bad news for you

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

skull mask mcgee posted:

google doesn't have to give in to those demands

just think of the goog as that guy frito from idiocracy

"i like money though"

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

ahaha

i just now turned on the experimental features setting in forums options and there's a red <3 under tori's post for 3 eq's

thrichard

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

Change your goddamn avatar

yeah wth

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

drat i thought oceanhorn was pushing it

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

poty posted:

those sure are some helpful reviews

do they pay for a service to astroturf those 5's?

i remember they had that for twitter so random opinion lords could get retweets

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Red_Fred posted:

...there isn't a usable solution for using Keypass and Google Drive on an iphone, so currently I can't access any of my passwords from my work phone! :stoked:

what?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

THC posted:

theres also chechen gay roundup squads/concentration camps but i guess that doesn't "count", its the gays' own fault for being gay online

also women in KSA etc

http://yournewswire.com/palestinians-arrested-social-media/

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

fishmech posted:

not sure you know what words mean.

yeah the barrier of entry to iphones has fallen but buying android is a thing people do when they don't understand the cost of bad decision making

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
fake edit: ^^^

Shifty Pony posted:

press the home button twice to get to the app switcher. swipe from the left side of the screen to go back to the previous screen.

yes neither of these things are made in any way intuitive.

both aynroid and apple phones are factory set-up with a handful of large eye-catching buttons for a UI just add more until your home screen is visually equivalent to a typical windows desktop where every app, folder and document has a shortcut in triplicate

everything beyond that is tech-genius stuff to most people

syscall girl fucked around with this message at 03:35 on May 8, 2017

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

THC posted:

i have never felt the need to force quit apps to free up ram not even on the iphone 4

yeah but opening up a browser and then going back to what you were doing to find the app reloading itself from scratch is not great

but you still have an image of how your app last looked in double-tap mode!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

THC posted:

whether or not you micromanage and force quit your apps has no impact on this afaik

yeah i didn't really have a point

if you don't have enough memory on the device though you're gonna come back to a blank page/spinning wheel which kind of makes memory management uh, not relevant cuz you can't manage what isn't there and neither can ios

what i'm saying is i wish my old ipad had more memory and i'm seriously considering getting that yuge one instead of the much better pro because it has twice the memory and paying 1k earth dollars for something with 4GB seems dumb

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
that is the reasonable and patient thing to do, yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Blue Train posted:

Replace the glass with lab grown diamond

whatever happened to the sapphire they were going to use to one-up gorilla glass?

• Locked thread