Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

codo27 posted:

C'mon it's not going to look that good
There was a massive delay whenever you took a waypoint even in the same act during the previous beta. Anything is possible!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002

chaosapiant posted:

Any word on ultrawide working? I’m seeing mixed reports.
they removed ultrawide support

Not removing it means everyone from 4:3 to 16:9 players will play in ultrawide with black bars. That's what happens in every ultrawide supporting game that renders stuff "offscreen" at normal resolutions.

Ideally they'd stop rendering mobs far away, but that would be a big change to the game and create a lot of issues with how the engine works.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Aug 14, 2021

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Not having infinite respecs is fine, but d2 does have infinite respecs now unless you play classic which is limited to 3. D2 is designed to be played through over and over. 3 respecs is plenty and the optional grind is there in case you want minor stat changes for the perfect pvp build or you decided to completely change your sorc skill tree or something.

If you dream up a new build then make a character and do it. You're not supposed to respec from cold to lit to fire depending on the area you're farming in D2. It's designed more around a journey with a build/gear set you've chosen. Respecs were added much later as a convenience and the system they have works well because it stops constant respecs depending on content/mob you're facing.

I'm not in the "no changes" crew. I'm all for making big qol changes and having d2r diverge from old d2. I just don't see how yes/no respecs would make the game better when in many ways they'd make it worse. D3 doesn't have even yes/no respecs because of how much your gear is your character & you can't respec your gear. Heck, it takes longer in d3 to respec if you view it that way.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Aug 16, 2021

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Smythe posted:

2 words charms inventory. nuff said
I support this. There's no actual choice. You fill your entire inventory except for one armor-sized slot with charms. If you're in single player you can arguably save a cube sized spot instead or no sized spot and then save & exit with the item on your cursor. None of this presents a meaningful decision to the player. Weighting which charms to keep or which to not use still happens with a dedicated charm inventory.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Audax posted:

Or you can carry less charms.

But people want numbers to go up so they refuse to drop something for slightly more space.
Why though? You don't need more space.

gradenko_2000 posted:

does Resurrected still have the Amazon Fend and block duration bugs?
Probably. It sounds like they introduced new bugs in the netcode too from people talking about rubberbanding.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

George H.W. oval office posted:

I kinda wish they released this seasonly with different patches. Going back to unlimited skellies or a 5 minute zeal animation lock would be hilarious. There were some amazingly broken things back in the day I'd love to experience again
You couldn't even buy potions near launch.

Although you could gamble uniques at an extremely high rate.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

coelomate posted:

So what class will people start D2R with?
Sorc+Barb (for bo and occasional find item) on 2 accounts. Debating third account for pally or second sorc. Might not buy d2r even though it looks reasonable.

My not-asked-for feedback on your plan is if you are going to play >1player don't bother with nova or frozen orb. They are for solo speed run strats where you're under leveled and don't hold up in larger games.

8p speed runs have lots of good reset builds for people who plan on playing with others. I'd be a bit wary of the teleport or static builds (obviously get 1 point of each no matter what), because when you play with randoms or your friends who aren't good you're going to feel really weak & you aren't going to get through hell and do ubers in 3:30 like in that video. People aren't going to feed you items, people will logout or you'll take a break, etc. The non-sorc builds are good.

Starting fireball and respecing into blizzard+ice blast + frost mastery with later points dumped into shared synergies with those two first will 100% carry even the worst groups, is fairly straightforward to play, and isn't as hungry for mana pots. They also both scale really well with early items or outright don't need them in the case of blizzard once you're in your early-mid 30s. Ice blast also makes playing blizzard not boring & greatly increases kill speed.

I learned a lot of these lessons by wasting lots of time with "reset teams" over and over again. Most people are going to go with bad classes/builds and be really useless near reset. Another thing people will do is try to skip too far ahead too fast and waste a lot of time dying.

If you plan on soloing then yeah go for the solo speed run build like you planned. It's reasonable.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Aug 31, 2021

Khorne
May 1, 2002

dad on the rag posted:

Will the remake fix the amount of games you can make per hour? I used to get temp banned playing legit by doing runs too fast. It's annoying as hell 'cause when I used to bot it would just key/ip change and run for days.
No one has mentioned it so far so maybe. This is one of the reasons I stopped playing bnet & went to pservers. It sucked to change cdkeys or shuffle socks5 proxies just to play the game.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

In this same vein, as I am a D2 idiot, how would a sorc deal with mitigating monster resistances, as they don't have curses/etc.? Can you get reduce resistances on gear? Or do i need something that has charges of that skill to use?
Frost works fine in practical play. A2 might merc can easily solo cold immunes you must kill (static/telekinesis spam help too early on). You can teleport past the others.

Lit is good in general too, but it really shines once you can get a conviction merc weap.

Fire really struggles with this in lots of areas. It's the worst solo hell pvm spec due to immunities & resistances. Fireball is insane damage and really fun to play but hindered by this.

The larger strategy is to do areas that work well for your element. Cold wins out here due to a2's ancient tunnels in the lost city for the first hours of reset & a4 chaos sanc after (altho lit is good in cs too.)

There are some hybrid builds like blizz+nova (best 1p hybrid at higher levels, but lit with good gear is way better & blizz with bad gear is better in human friendly areas/8p), blizz+fb (ok), fo+lit (also a good solo hybrid build & people really love lit sorc so it's probably the most popular hybrid), meteorb (garbage due to competing global cooldowns) that work in 1p games but under perform in 8p games vs a pure element.

I'd personally say go with a fun early game skill (fireball / charged bolt / frost nova+static / nova+static) and then reset into blizz when you are killing too slow, get bored of it, or are at 30+ for the easiest time. If you are dedicated single player you can take a bit different approach and enjoy the frozen orb life. Honestly, d2 is pretty flexible which is part of why people like it. The only overpowered ability is teleport.

You can have a lower resist charge wand on weapon swap and it helps somewhat.

Merc is the way to go for soloing immunes you must kill. Insight weapon is good enough. I guess you could use some random unique too, but eth 4os polearms aren't that hard to drop/roll and even non-eth is good enough in 1p game. They got rid of iron maiden so mercs don't even really die anymore if you use teleport enough. Bosses don't instantly murder them now either.

Another thing to consider is the builds speed runners use, but they are under leveled & under geared & stop playing the character after baal / hell ball die and you probably won't be doing any of those things. Still, you can learn a whole lot watching speedruns because if it works under time constraints it still works with all the time in the world.

INTJ Mastermind posted:

Can someone explain why 20 points into Frozen Orb is better than 20 points into Blizzard as a backup cold element attack? Frozen orb requires 3 more pre-requisite skills to unlock
Frozen Orb delivers its damage faster and has a lower cooldown. It works fairly well at low points. Blizzard requires a larger point investment to get rolling and to really blizz you should be using ice blast/maybe glacial spike but gspike sucks imo. Blizzard completely dwarfs frozen orb's damage potential if you invest points into the frost tree, but it doesn't matter because in 1p games frozen orb drops everything until well into hell.

The main issue is blizz with lots of points does insane 8p damage comparable to blessed hammer while frozen orb's damage caps way lower & its synergy sucks. But for a lot of the game, you don't need the extra blizzard damage and you can't afford it with most hybid specs anyway.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Sep 3, 2021

Khorne
May 1, 2002

smug jeebus posted:

Do these stack?
Sort of. They stack BUT if the monster has >=100 resist (immunity) they are both 1/5 effective. It's very hard to break 125+ resist immunities as a result. Even if one of them breaks the immunity, the other is still penalized to 1/5 effectiveness.

-% on weapon/gear/talents/skills is applied when the spell damages and provided the mob isn't currently immune will apply at 1:1 effectiveness. If the mob is immune you do no damage because -res on gear can't break immunes.

-100 is the pvm negative res cap after all calculations. PvP is uncapped.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Sep 2, 2021

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Hooplah posted:

This smells like bs to me especially with more of the same slippery noncommittal phrasing. afaik the bug wasn't even in the original game, it cropped up after the synergy patch, so i don't know how they think "concern for the original experience" is an excuse that holds water.
The bug is from the frame/tick entity management server-side code which causes a ton of stupid bugs. The reason the original team didn't fix it is because it's a load-bearing jenga tower of insane spaghetti code that's called a million times per frame to do an insane number of things in the game.

It's technically an easy fix, but it's far more likely they'll fix it and it will be a huge spiral of unintended side effects. Lots of other bugs also happen in the same function: zeal/strafe/jab doing fake attacks is due to this code, invuln mobs is due to this, ww/leap stuck is due to this code, etc.

I could see them trying it on a PTR after release. If the game receives post-release support, a big if given wc3r's fate, they'll likely lean into more QoL changes due to "community demand".

Khorne fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Sep 4, 2021

Khorne
May 1, 2002

coelomate posted:

Just don't try to tell us fixing ebugged armors was somehow PURE AND GOOD while fixing the next hit missing bug would sully the artistic integrity of the remaster.
At least they're not fixing quest drop glitch for andariel. Not sure if they will for duriel/meph/diablo/baal.

I wonder if they're fixing seal "glitch" in chaos sanc. I know a lot of pvp players are crying that a lot of their changes to weapon switch is real bad. The changes to attack speed while dual wielding are also kind of weird because they're more of a nerf than a buff to something that wasn't that good.

There's also all the weird rubberband stuff from the beta that didn't happen in the non-resurrected game.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Sep 5, 2021

Khorne
May 1, 2002

coelomate posted:

Probably the most newbie-friendly build is a fissure druid. Just put points in firestorm, then fissure. Grab a wolf or a spirit if you want. Cruises through mid-nightmare without gear or independent thought required.

Yeah, then you can swap to a different elemental druid in hell.

Trap assassin (start fire, respec lit later for hell or late nm) and ele druid (start fire, respec to a different ele druid build in hell or late nm) are two great spell casting starter characters. You will do the most damage in any starting group. They're lots of fun and have a much better qol than sorc until later on.

Sorc is great but has a learning curve & a bit more tedium before you get to the fun part. That might appeal to some people but others might not want to deal with it. Another advantage to sin & druid is they aren't all that popular so picking up core items can be a bit cheaper. Druid also has a good group buff.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Mooseontheloose posted:

Odd question, is the amazon damage dealt with bows still broken?
bow zons are one of the worst classes still despite being something lots of people are interested in. Javazon is still good but lacking in mobility.

I miss when bow zons were considered okay a very long time ago.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Jimbot posted:

How come they're considered one of the worst? The damage fall behind on higher difficulties or something?
Maybe they're not actually the worst but they are probably D tier if we're being generous. Maybe B/C with insanely expensive gear. They're definitely the worst iconic archetype/build that was once ~B tier in the earlier patches.

Damage is a huge issue. Mobility is another. Tankiness is another. They're pretty much the embodiment of underperforming in pve.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Sep 7, 2021

Khorne
May 1, 2002

bawfuls posted:

There’s less nomenclature confusion if you call the SoJ-spawned one “Diablo Clone”
Yeah. The common way is to call it dclone & to call the uber tristram stuff ubers. Dclone gives anni and ubers drop torch.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Swilo posted:

That's correct, the two games' servers will run side by side with a fresh start on remake so nothing from the old game carries over. There will be no legacy items, no duped items (at least to start with :frog: ), and no baseline economy full of commodity items.
In current d2 lots of stuff can't be permanently duped if two players end up in the same game. Altho from the beta we know that uuid didn't apply to shared stash in d2r so you could have permanent dupes of everything.

To be more specific, in legacy d2:
  • Most items have a uuid
  • Once a player leaves the game with a matching uuid the dupes are flagged for deletion
  • It was (probably is) possible to unflag for deletion by trading and cancelling the trade after
  • There are 1.08? 1.06? and earlier items on non-ladder that have no uuid and will never be flagged
  • When you make a runeword a new uuid is assigned to the item so you can use a duped base + duped runes
  • Socketing might also mess with uuid not 100% sure I did all my duping before uuids

D2R seemed to undo the dupe detection & rust storm systems. Which could be really interesting if someone discovers/has another way to create white/"ith"/incorrect stat items on bnet. There was an unpatched way to force an entire game server have to a chance to roll items with the wrong unique's stats. I've personally found horadric amulet with razortail's stats while rushing someone. It happened once, ever, and I didn't do anything weird.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Sep 11, 2021

Khorne
May 1, 2002

gradenko_2000 posted:

Counterpoint: aiming hammers sucks rear end

I would suggest Trapsin
Counter counterpoint: aiming hammers is fun.

Counter counter counterpoint: hdin without enigma isn't nearly as fun/awesome.

4x counterpoint: play whatever is fun it is a video game!! hdin hits super hard and gets free resist caps and can raise his resist cap and you can use vigor+charge to run around a bit once you get to a high enough level.

but yes trapsin is a good first class. Lots of damage, straightforward gearing, second fastest moving+clearing combination character with zero gear, and a decent number of fun buttons to press on top of traps. Hdin starts off really slow/weak and has a fairly large learning curve that's comparable to sorc.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Sep 11, 2021

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

What's the best HC builds
Same as sc for the top builds. No difference in stats, gear, or skills. Some mild difference in how you'll play or what level/gear level you'll do things at.

Standard build for most classes is enough stats for gear & dump into vit. Don't need block or es in pvm as sorc, but capping block as paladin is trivial and for other classes it varies.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Sep 13, 2021

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Mustached Demon posted:

Why have two separate tracts, ladder vs non-ladder, start completely fresh at launch? Just call the launch season 1 and open up the ladder later with a fresh reset.

It's been a while since I played official d2, does their ladder work like d3 seasons? After the season, everything gets dumped to non-season?
because no one plays non-ladder. It's a retirement home & a place to pvp. D2R has changed pvp as we know it by making it so weapon switching doesn't cancel animations. That & removing adding sockets to ethereal armor through cube increasing def are the two most "why would you ever do this?" changes.

The requirements for queuing specific games on console are also a total wtf because it seems like a system designed by a product person who has never played the game before. Right down to having no trade game type.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Sep 15, 2021

Khorne
May 1, 2002

bawfuls posted:

A significant reason why "no one plays non-ladder" was because a bunch of the best runewords weren't available on non-ladder. I know that's the reason I played ladder with friends whenever we'd return to the game for a couple months every few years. Now with that incentive gone, we'll just play non-ladder because we don't care about the ranking/race aspect.
The runewords were readily available there by just trading for them. NL economy is mega messed up though.

The main point of ladder is a fresh start & fresh economy & lots of active players. Almost no one plays ladder to rank/race. It's more like hey reset is happening play d2 again until you burnout.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Sep 15, 2021

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Mustached Demon posted:

There won't be any old characters to retire at launch and there won't be items of ye olden days to make perfect pvp sets from. Everyone starts fresh. From a gameplay perspective, it's no different than a fresh ladder reset since it has all the cool ladder only stuff.

I'm saying having a ladder vs non ladder is completely pointless at launch. Nonladder needs old, retired ladder characters and loot to create the nonladder experience. That won't exist until people play the game. So it's basically a ladder only mode at the start.

Who knows if we'll get ladder resets though. Personally, I hope we do and we get seasonal gimmicks like d3.
To be clear, no ladder is fine on launch. Provided they actually deliver a reasonable system in a reasonable amount of time. My point was more once ladder comes out there's almost no incentive to play nonladder even if you are a casual player.

Maybe if they have/add an achievement system and have grail stuff like slashdiablo has we might see a vibrant NL community, but as far as I know they haven't announced anything like that. It's mildly unsettling that pservers still have a better feature set & didn't remove things the community likes.

Not launching with a ladder if they had it coded and ready is fine. Everyone is under the impression that they haven't even really started working on a ladder system yet which isn't a great sign given the drastic overhauls to bnet, it existing on various systems, wc3, etc.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Sep 15, 2021

Khorne
May 1, 2002
D2R seems solid. If they continue supporting it and growing its feature set it will be pretty great. Some of the choices, like disabling tcp/ip, are real disappointing.

codo27 posted:

They did a "HD" version in 2013 which was extremely, extremely low effort. Then they turn around and do a proper HD upscale last year or whenever that was and there was a window in which people that were duped into buying the previous one could get a discount on the new one, but it wasn't nearly generous enough for me to give in
It wasn't low effort. It cleaned up lots of things, added modern features, and provided an official way to play online again. Admittedly voobly was still more popular with the community. They also released multiple new expansions through HD that were adopted on voobly & included in DE once it came out.

DE so far has less new content than HD but DE is certainly a higher effort project. It is a higher effort project because of how successful HD & all of HD's changes were. There's clearly someone passionate about AoE2 behind all of the AoE2 extra content. AoE3 and especially AoE1 didn't receive nearly as much love in their DE releases.

External Organs posted:

Maybe I'm just being overly optimistic, but I think the sheer amount of asset creation that went into completely revamping the look of a previously sprite based game tells me they're open to doing more and cooler poo poo with it in the future. Although it does raise questions about blizzard competing with itself in regards to diablo 4. Alternately, make cool diablo 2 poo poo and be comfortable making d4 a 2024/5 release or whatever.
D2 won't really compete with D4. People are going to burn out in day/weeks/maybe a few months. They'll come back for ladder resets. It will have the same trajectory as any other ARPG.

D2R may be used as a marketing and good faith builder for D4. Provided ActiBlizzard leadership doesn't axe its support.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Sep 15, 2021

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Starks posted:

Like what? I don’t think that stackable or refillable potions for example would ruin the graphics toggle, especially when they’ve already added stuff like the miss indicator.

I think there’s just a lot of purists out there - including the dev team - who believe that any change to the balance will ruin the secret sauce.
I'm hoping their approach is "here's a minimal changes version on launch" followed by "we heard the community; here are a bunch of cool changes" after a bit.

If I want to play current d2 I can always play non-resurrected. If I want to play an older patch I can always load up that patch. D2 changed so much over its life that anyone who is a purist makes no sense. Especially when multiple private servers have shown you can in fact make a number of changes & the game stays just as good or arguably gets better.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Sand Monster posted:

(Dumb newbie question) what exactly are eth variations of a weapon?
When eth items run out of durability they break forever. You can't repair them. They look translucent and cool, and they have higher base damage or have higher base armor points. Eth is mostly a negative except for mercenary stuff because mercenary gear never loses durability & except for certain runewords/uniques/rares where they either can't break or they recharge durability over time.

They'll neverrr change poo poo up post launch
If I were buying d2r I'd buy it based on the launch feature set & not any future hopes. There's a decent chance I won't buy it at launch and will wait until things settle & we see what they intend to do.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Sep 16, 2021

Khorne
May 1, 2002

codo27 posted:

Can eth items be used in runewords? Wait, can you find base items that are both eth and socketed? Was there a way to distinguish them on the ground in the beta?
Not familiar with beta. In the unmodified base game you'd have to pick them up to know iirc. But yes, you can have eth and sockets.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

bawfuls posted:

It is so odd which bugs this dev team has decided to fix and which they haven't. there must be something about NHAM that makes it harder to fix and they're just using "Original Game Experience" as an excuse not to fix it.
NHAM is in a part of the code that's very hard to edit and will likely impact a bunch of unrelated stuff. I made some post about it earlier in the thread.

I find it more offensive they fixed switching weapons cancelling anims & fixed ebug armors instead of embracing both as mechanics.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Sep 16, 2021

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Suburban Dad posted:

Did they fix the Andy quest drop every time bug? I could see people getting mad about that one too.
No. I don't think they are fixing duriel quest drop bug either which takes a bit more effort to trigger. I doubt they are changing that you can get quest drops everytime if you join a game with a completed quest while yours is incomplete either.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Sep 16, 2021

Khorne
May 1, 2002

External Organs posted:

Huh. I never knew that. Seems like a good way to farm low level uniques in NM and Hell.
It happens almost every time without even trying so you probably already did it without knowing it. The only way to not quest bug andy is to kill her and then leave the game before going to a2. You don't even need to just talk to warriv - you can do whatever you want in a1 as long as you go to a2 in the same game.

With Duriel you need to have someone who has already done the quest kill duriel with no one else in the chamber. Then the people who need the quest will see it as being unable to be completed. Then you go talk to tyrael. This will move the quest into a completable state & duriel will also have permanent quest drops.

I don't believe there is a way for the other 3 bosses short of "join a game made by someone who has beat them & kill them yourself without getting quest credit".

Bugged duriel is a great source of arach (andy can't drop), rings, and amulets. Quest bugged bosses are arguably one of the best ways to mf in a 1p game on bnet. Especially early on when you can't kill seal glitch chaos quickly. With nodrop 0/in higher player count games you're better off in high monster level areas I guess, but in terms of usable items:real time qbugged bosses are still decent especially if you have no gear at all.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Sep 17, 2021

Khorne
May 1, 2002

gradenko_2000 posted:

- I went over this in some previous pages, but while it is possible to "break" immunities with Amplify Damage/Decrepify/Conviction/Lower Resist, your best bet to get around a target that's immune to your primary attack's element is to have a secondary attack that deals a different element of damage.
We call this a "mercenary" or just running by them.

Or the one point wonder that is berserk if you're a barb I guess.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

th3t00t posted:

Fire/Cold sorcs can farm hell countess with an A2 follower right?
Yes. Nm/hell countess aren't really worth running. Hell countess is kinda worse compared to ancient tunnels/pit/chaos sanc/probably even cows. Norm countess is worth running due to being easy levels and grabbing a quick tal+eth.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

th3t00t posted:

I'd be running countess for Keys. They're likely to be the main form of currency right?
Ah. Yeah definitely worth running for keys.

I had blinders on because I usually just farm chaos sanc asap and then trade stuff I get there for some terrible torches.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

bawfuls posted:

Does it happen for offline characters?
Offline characters still use client:server with different logic on the server than the client.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

great big cardboard tube posted:

NM countess is definitely worth running because you can get spirit + lore alone, with non ladder runewords enabled I don't see why you'd say she isn't worth it.

Hell countess is almost just for keys but ya. I plan on grinding NM for double spirit + lore for any caster I make.

Edit: also insight for your merc
Low runes drop a ton doing anything. By the time you have the str & 4os monarch base you'll have enough runes for a second spirit.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Smythe posted:

no twink is more epic than slapping full sigons on a n00b, & angelic ring and ammy for that fatty attack rating & dmg to mana =D
raven claw + hsaru belt + hasru boots + angelic with enchant is more epic!! Altho you can still wear saigon gloves+helm which gives you lots of good stuff.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

External Organs posted:

This is from when they had the first beta and it got cracked. Not sure how representative of the final product it is.

https://youtu.be/1WMviPqwLZo
Looks incomplete and like an asset test. Walls and the river of fire are notably missing and certain mobs are colored wrong.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Sep 20, 2021

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Preorders sweating
Nah, this was months ago and packaged as an a1 only (?) or a1/a2 test depending on which test it was.

What was there looked pretty good.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

jerman999 posted:

I just logged back into my account and looks like the goon guild is dead. I don't love botting but with rune drop rates so low (back in the day), it's hard for regular players to get access to high-end gear.

Apparently this is a new trading platform: https://diablo2.io/
Why are all the items on those lists not aligned & who thinks this is a good font choice & why are there 50 nav bars & why did no one pay attention to typography or whitespace of the text despite putting actual effort into the rest of the layout?

Khorne fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Sep 21, 2021

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Suburban Dad posted:

Probably made by fans of the game and not actual designers. You don't have to use it, sheesh
That is going to be the site's problem. No one is going to use a site that makes you ctrl+w on reflex because you have no idea what the hell is going on on the very first page.

It makes no sense that someone put so much effort into the rest of the layout and then went with unusable nonsense for the part of the site people actually need to use.

jiggerypokery posted:

Diablo2player.txt
I'll concede that the 50 nav bars complaint is biased and irrelevant. Still, compare:

Note this is not a redesign or a total fix. I just wanted to show left align with simple padding on the Database box. It's a bit awkward to fix because the + sign doesn't actually expand anything and isn't part of the item name so naturally you want to space it differently but w/e padding more or less isn't difficult. They could use two fonts. The "formal" font they're using, or some better version of it, in some places and a normal font elsewhere. I didn't even choose a standard modern font -- I just used boring rear end verdana. It took 90s to do this. There are a lot of other things I'd like to play around with or change, but it's not my site.

It looks like they stole a layout from somewhere, or bought it, and then in the parts they did themselves they used things like center tags & did stuff that doesn't pass basic visual inspection.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Sep 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002
D2DX is awesome. Even compared to D2R it's pretty good! It can run d2 at 240hz with no motion blur from movement or anything. Neat-o. It also works correctly at all resolutions as long as you keep the window border.

It uses motion interpolation to achieve animations at above the ~24fps default rate. I don't know how I didn't know about this project before. I think project d2 used it but I had things configured wrong & wasn't aware it was actually pretty cool.

SlashD resets on Nov 5th. If anyone plans on playing let me know.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Oct 21, 2021