Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
i rly liked the Colony Wars games what's the closest modern equivalent to those

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
dark souls 2 is p good so far but good lord does that game swing wildly from gorgeous environments to areas and npcs that look like they fell out of an early tomb raider game. it's really bizarre

also gently caress that nonsensical windmill "puzzle" how the gently caress is anyone supposed to figure that dumb poo poo out

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
holy poo poo the bell tower covenant is hilarious

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
dark souls 2 owns

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
fall control spell is pretty pro

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Notorious QIG posted:

probably would have made the iron keep secret route less terrifying

not even gonna look this up

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Notorious QIG posted:

found it all on my own and made me very happy

nnnoice

i want to talk about dark souls 2 so bad but i also want to wait until i've finished it at least once argh

i feel like a big dumb rear end in a top hat for having to read online how to use effigies to turn human. idk if the description is just awful or what but i kept burning them and wondering why nothing was happening

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

duckfarts posted:

just bro up to humanize, be a pal

yeah i rly like broing in dark souls 2. also the pvp covenants are great. the netcode feels a lot more solid all around compared to demons and dark 1

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
yeah i've never seen a single good thing written about those games

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
i lost 34k souls trying to use the tower of the sun as a shortcut to the end of iron keep. boy was that a dumb mistake

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
er yeah that's what i meant. i'm pretty garbage at pvp

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
hasn't world of warcraft been less of a game and more of a chatroom for the better part of a decade now

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

hubris.height posted:

it's the only environment that erp survives in anymore ain't it? let them pay 110 bucks a year to e-gently caress

wtf is erp

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
polished off the four old ones last night, feels good man

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

are there any good non-sim car games on the pc

nfs shift 2 is a pretty good game if you're looking for a "sim but not really a sim ala forza or gran turismo" style game

here's hoping grid autosport fixes all the poo poo wrong with grid 2 (everything)

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
loving lmao http://pastebin.com/DLpHA40C

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
cool it's fannyflaps

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
yeah but there's still a good amount of weird stuff

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
my buddy is super bummed that there are no chaos eaters. here's hoping dark souls 3 goes back to insane d&d monster manual rejects

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
idk the recent giantbomb video made watch dogs look pretty neat but then again it was all just prerecorded by ubisoft so who knows

Notorious QIG posted:

i would love a game thats like dark souls but uses d&d monsters, imagine turning a corner and seeing a gelatinous ooze or an owlbear or something

i guess that would be cool i don't know much about d&d tho outside of a few monsters

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
someone make Cyber Souls where it's dark souls in some crazy techno future with robotic animals and laser ninjas and neon swords

thanks

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
whoa Techland is basically making Hexen Except Maybe Actually Good http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/hellraid-returns-from-the-depths-somehow-looks-pre/2300-8819/

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Busta Chimes.wav posted:

lmao dont get an ati card

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
what he's been postin' bout dark souls nonstop in the gray forum

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

a bad jame

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2QlihJAZEQ&t=130s

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Werthog 95 posted:

do they have a device to record replays from a real controller to the same kinda file they use for recording TASes yet

beats me but it's kinda cool that they can do the TAS on the actual hardware

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Notorious QIG posted:

dxhr was bad but hey i got a few hours out of it

dxhr is a good game with some crippling bugs and antiquated gameplay

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Notorious QIG posted:

no its bad, sorry. the gameplay is boring as gently caress, the art style is hideous, the boss battles are terrible, the plot was idiotic, and for as much as they advertised "play it YOUR way" its stupid as poo poo to try to be anything other than a stealthy dude. if i want to play a subpar stealth game i roll a new assassin in skyrim tyvm

the character costumes and environment design are fantastic. the character animation is loving awful though.

and yeah the plot is dumb and the boss battles were turds but it was a new deus ex dammit :(

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
u mad

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Notorious QIG posted:

alpha protocol's gameplay is poo poo but it's no shittier than dxhr and you get a good story with all the much-desired replayability and important decisions and whatnot. name literally one area that dxhr is better than ap

alpha protocol owned but the gameplay is WAY shittier than dxhr. i beat it three times but the fourth one completely broke at the end so welp

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
besides the fact that they stop updating 8 months ago i like that the yogscast "developer logs" are just completely silent footage of pre-alpha garbage that should never see the light of day

isn't yogscast like a multi-million dollar company with something like 30 employees and poo poo

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
titanfall was fun but i feel like i'm over it

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

01011001 posted:

it has a decent foundation that is slightly discounted by the fact that pistols are staggeringly overpowered and make everything in the game a total joke, shotguns are garbage minus the phosphorus ammo, assault rifles are good but have a garbage ability so are not really worth leveling much, and you dont get any gun worth mentioning until you get into the hubs proper. which...well, 2/5 offensive skills worth leveling, 1/5 which is good from the beginning, aint bad right?

also lol if you tried to spec a melee character and then went to fight the sniper boss at the end of the game

absolutely zero recourse and nothing you can do to beat him

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Razer sells every product at a loss

quote:

In an interview with VG247, Razer CEO Min-Liang Tan admitted that every product the company ships is sold at a loss. The statement came up when Tan was asked about the sales of Razer's left-handed gaming mouse, which he said sells "terribly." Tan said his company is focused on gaming, not just ideas that make a profit.

"We're not run like a real company, I know. It's insane, but every single product we ship, we're shipping at a loss. Life is short. And it's funny to see someone using a left-handed mouse," he said. "I have great investors. They're passionate about what they do. I tend to be able to deflect any questions like 'how are we doing on a business level? How profitable are we?' by going 'Look at this! Isn't it cool?' And they go 'Oh yes, it's cool,' and then I agree. Yet another board meeting saved."

"Our investors are genuine product people. I'm thankful for it. I cannot imagine if somebody's just interested in like, a bottom line or a profit," he explained. "We've been able to make decisions that make absolutely no commercial sense whatsoever. Even the laptop flies in the face of industry reports. You know, 'PCs are dying, everyone should get out of the PC industry' and here we are going 'Great! Let's invest as much money as we can in building a PC laptop.' Right? Doesn't make any sense but hey! Look at it! It's cool."

Razer recently released its Razer Blade gaming laptop in Australia, which the company touts as the world's thinnest gaming laptop. The Blade is plenty powerful, but it's also pretty pricey at $1,999 for the cheapest model. Tan said that the Blade is only possible because Razer is willing to spend the money on significant R&D.

"For every finished product that goes to market, there are probably four finished products that we've done but not released," Tan explained. "It's one of those things, a Razer design initiative. We take a million years to get anything out. If you put things in perspective, most other companies probably launch more products in a single year than we have done in the past - since we were founded."

"It's like a running joke. We launch on the average maybe five, or four new products a year? And our customer base complains that we launch the products too fast. I'm trying to figure out why. Most other companies launch about 50 new products a year, or even 100. We launch very few products - but products that everybody wants. if there are 50, you might only want one of them, or three of them, but because we're just so lazer-focused on gamers themselves, every single thing becomes a gamer's requirement."

:gowron:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
that post makes me legit depressed because goddamn

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Rexicon1 posted:

yea that whole thing about total biscuit is a bummer even if i didn't like his internet videos. if he's having prolonged episodes of rectal pain followed by incontinence he at least has a big rear end adenoma if he's lucky. the fact that he took a long time to look at it might make it closer to a stage 1 carcinoma or at worst stage 2.

cancer loving sucks balls

this

keyboard vomit posted:

how cna someone sit for so long and not hate themselves. it's not that hard to do 10 pushups

wanna bet

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Pinterest Mom posted:

wanna buy that album

Now That's What I Call Bleep Bloop Volume 2

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch