Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

TheJoker138 posted:

Wells writing with Allred drawing is my current dream Spider-Man book.

God, no. I love Allred as much as anyone else but Spider-Man would not be a good book for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Kainser posted:

Come on Peter, Spider-man being able to sense danger would be obvious to anyone that teams up with him as often as Iron Man.

Doesn't that story feature a hit man that falls asleep (with an alarm triggered to something) in order to get the jump on Spider-Man because even a loving hit man knows that Spidey can tell when danger's coming?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

d00gZ posted:

That sounds like Louie with webshooters.

I would pre-order the hell out of this.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Slott is reason enough for some people to not get this bit I personally cannot loving stand Ramos. I find his art to be complete poo poo when drawing human beings.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Jessica isn't wearing her Black Widow costume :colbert:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Not going to lie Land drawing Jessica and Silk worries me.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Half tempted to add a calendar note 40-some years from now to pick up the arc to see how it started.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So the Disney Spider-Man cartoon is going to be doing its own Spider-Verse. Miles Morales will be a part of it and he's being voiced by Donald Glover.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

WickedHate posted:

That's literally what happens. The bad guy goes to the Amazing Friends universe and murders the cast while Ms. Lion cries.

I thought you were joking but nope that's exactly what it was :stonk:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

ImpAtom posted:

It really isn't. "Hey guys, what if a villain went through and killed a bunch of recognizable alternate universes" is dumb because it is intentionally playing off of audience favor to generate anger that a less-recognizable setting wouldn't. It is, as I said, a DC comics style idea.

Hickman did this like 2 weeks ago and no one complained about it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I want Morlun and crew to end up in a world undergoing an incursion.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

JohnnyCanuck posted:

I just hope this means Spidey can be a Real Actual Avenger in the comics again.

Superior Spider-Man was the Best Avenger.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Yeah, as much as I adore Hickman's writing, I'm not sure he'd be the right fit for Spider-Man. Like, at all.

He wrote one of the best Spider-Man stories ever (FF#17) so I think he can do it if he wanted.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Probably Magic posted:

The times, they change. We don't even hate Venom anymore!

Nah Venom is horrible poo poo now that Bendis had his way and made the symbioses honorable alien warriors looking for good hosts to do good.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rhyno posted:

It's becoming clear that Doom did that on purpose.

Less did and more made sure once Battleworld was formed. If he had any say in the matter he wouldn't had spent however long he did looking for Reeds in the first place.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The cover of Ultimate End 5 makes me thing they're getting rid of the majority of it / the universe as a whole.

I'm not sure they're bring back the multi-verse or if they do it'll be a much reduced version.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

If Ganke doesn't survive I will be very mad. Same with Jessica, Bombshell, Cloak/Dagger. I pretty much love everyone in All Nee Ultimates (even though the book was poo poo)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rhyno posted:

Marvel's telling retailers that RYV #5 is going to be massive like Spider-Gwen #1 was. There's 1:100, 1:150 and 1:200 variants that were added the week of the final order. The 1:200's cover will reflect the twist that happens OR SO THEY TELL US.

What twist? They good guys won. This Manhattan is apparently still blind to Dopm/Battleworld (does no one here care about travel?). I guess everyone now know Parker is Spidey but that was done last issue.

Seriously, nothing of consequence happened. At all. Unless this family is coming together post SW as the default Spidey/Parker (which we know they're not) then this was all just terrible poo poo. Like Slott is already poo poo but this was poo poo even for him.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rhyno posted:

They are now telling us we'll have to wait and see what happens in the new ASM series.

We're a little pissed.

Raft survivor Parker dies before SW ends: RYV Parker family becomes the main continuity Spider family.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Slott will gently caress it up no doubt but I would be ok with that.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It would be pretty loving great if those 2 stopped writing comics.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Semi-related: But Secret Wars finally finished today and in it they explain why Miles' mom is back.

It's pretty great.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Not like any of it matters because Puerto Rican grandma is home so his Spidey days are over. If she's like my grandma expect sandals to be throw and tons of delicious food to be cooked. Probably drag him to church too. :allears:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

ImpAtom posted:

To be fair being Spider-Man means a police officer will probably try to shoot you at least once every other day regardless of gender, race or sexual orientation. You'll also probably be accused of murder three times a month.

Isn't this like one of the lessons Parker tries to teach Miles at the end of Spider-Men?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Who knows. He'll keep venom blasting his way through every story forever until Bendis lets him go.

I'm 100% fully expecting him to beat Annihilus with a venom blast in Avengers.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

but every subsequent time of "oh man, this villain is way out of Miles' league, good thing he managed to zap the venom blast in!" got more annoying than the last.

This hasn't stopped.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yvonmukluk posted:

Look, if I wanted to read people being pointlessly contrarian, I'd go to CineD and take SuperMechaGodzilla off my ignore list.

Why would you ignore the best poster of CineD?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Shinjobi posted:

Well, gently caress you Bendis.

Can I empty quote this? Because I loving love Miles but I can't bring myself to continue buying the book.

• Locked thread