Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
The Big Game is delayed to December 1. Whew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Water is currently falling from the sky in Northern California. Hallelujah.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Sydin posted:

The fire in Calimesa was caused by a trash truck that dumped a load of burning trash that spread into vegetation, officials said.

"Oh poo poo, the garbage is on fire! I'll just quickly dump it on the side of the road, what's the worst that could happen?"

Hell of a way to describe the Dodgers but I'll allow it

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Keyser_Soze posted:

We have this discussion every year, "Frisco" was used in literature in the 60's like in particular, Hunter S. Thompson and Tom Wolfe and also by skeezy bikers up and down the coast. It's mostly the recent east coast invaders that get all worked up by it. :clint:

Emperor Norton as well :colbert:

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Almost certainly. My union gave a heads up on it this morning.

Also you're losing whatever raise you were promised in July on top of the cut.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

So is July the date for the rest of the trigger as well?

Quite possible. My union's MOU runs out July 1, after which CalHR is free to do as they please if there's no contract.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

xcheopis posted:

Find out if furlough days affect your benefits; pto, insurance, etc. It's fairly common for benefits to be pro-rated for non-paid time off. It can even affect pto accrual.

They didn't last time under Arnold and Jerry.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Bizarro Watt posted:

I haven't lived in California for almost a decade, so how's that high speed rail going?

its fukn ded m8

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
We might just be doing alright...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I dont think coronavirus is that sensitive to heat. And even if it were it's also sensitive to humidity which we, uh, don't have.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Face coverings are mandatory now

This document updates existing CDPH guidance for the use of cloth face coverings by the general public when outside the home. It mandates that face coverings be worn state-wide in the circumstances and with the exceptions outlined below. It does not substitute for existing guidance about social distancing and handwashing.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I'm still salty about what a bully Arnold was to state workers :mad:

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Kaincypher posted:

are the furloughs official yet?

For some unions, notably SCIU, yes. Others are still negotiating but all roads are leading to 2 days of floating furloughs a month and all contract-based raises recinded at this point, maybe with some concessions made by CalHR to mitigate the damage.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Goodpancakes posted:

Yeah I'm getting some weird furlough thing starting in July. I think I work normal schedule and I earn two days off, instead of pay, to be used at some future time or something? That's what it looks like currently

Yes. This is the same as the end of the previous round of furloughs, after Brown was sworn in, except it's 2 days a month now instead of one.

Ironically I've been doing this exact same thing for years now so hooray me I guess.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Gonna guess those are special edition 9/11 Pepsi cans (edit: have they made special edition BLM cans yet)

Tayter Swift fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jun 26, 2020

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Class Warcraft posted:

No one is saying that the lockdown didn't save lives.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

They are going to die anyway. I hope this helps.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Stores in Sacramento are starting to Get It and posting signs requiring masks to come in, and compliance has got to be in the 95% range from what I've seen. I felt relatively safe at Raley's and Target this week for the first time in months.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Leperflesh posted:

and also teachers don't get to create the curriculum, lol, it's dictated to them

Yeah I think Newsom made it a statewide rule two weeks ago.

It is, but Sac Sheriff put out a statement the same day saying they weren't going to bother enforcing it.

The Raley's I frequent definitely did not have a sign out requiring masks before, and I think only half the customers would wear one. Yesterday I think I saw 4 people without a mask the whole trip.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

only food place that's been strictly enforcing it around Sac seems to be whole foods lol

There's always Oto's :)

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I was on a three-week trial for attempted murder just about a year ago. Everyone involved on all sides was a total rear end in a top hat and I would have loved to have convicted the victim too but had to settle on convicting the accused.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Seeing dry lightning here tonight in Sac. 109 tomorrow.

I've never seen anything like this here so I guess we're at the confluence of 'more heat' and 'more tropical storms' aspects of climate change.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
This is looking to be another slaughter.

https://twitter.com/Jasamsdestiny/status/1295948605136789510?s=20

https://twitter.com/CAFireScanner/status/1295939505493442560?s=20

https://twitter.com/CAFireScanner/status/1295948910318428160?s=20

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Vacaville is starting to burn.

https://twitter.com/CAFireScanner/status/1296014170077327361?s=20

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
It mostly looks like high gray winter clouds in Sac as long as you don't look at the sun, only warmer and a tad muggy. So far the smoke seems more aloft than on the ground.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Enigma89 posted:

I am a real estate speculator. I move quite frequently for work and I am thinking of moving back to California.

Lol you're a goddamn gimmick account

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Californians must also reduce VMT to 25 percent of 2005 levels,

The article got a very important word wrong

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Kenning posted:

Yeah, that's why it was so exciting having sex with my girlfriend senior year of high school who was a year older than I was. We were loving renegades.

Silly Kenning, you two were supposed to gently caress each other!

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

adoration for none posted:

Smoke from the fires has actually gotten sucked all the way to New York and Washington D.C. by jet streams.

Fukn took long enough, why should we have all the fun.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Jaxyon posted:

Zero emission cars are nice and all but that's a small fraction of greenhouse gas production.

Transportation accounts for half of California's GHG emissions. We consume ~14 billion gallons of gasoline a year, which is about three quarters of all fossil fuel use in the state, with most of the rest split evenly between diesel and jet fuel.

Not a magic bullet in itself, but not exactly trivial either.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
ummm you okay dude?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

11 months in jail.

Yet of you steal 1,000+ from a company ala grand larceny it's potentially years in jail.

He's guilty of stealing hundreds of thousands of dollars from the sort of people who would vote for him. A nearly victimless crime if you ask me.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I'm seriously starting to wonder if the Dems are going to lose the governorship at this rate.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Sure would be nice if the state's Coronavirus site had a vaccine progress tracker instead of an invalid cert at the moment.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

luminalflux posted:

What would California’s currency be?

Eighth

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Just in time for my Super Bowl party hell yeah

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Storm night!

edit: lost power 10:45 in rancho, and the main band is still barely coming onshore. Gonna be a wild-rear end night.

Tayter Swift fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Jan 27, 2021

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

FilthyImp posted:

Oh yeah, he ended up Vetoing 35% of the legislation that made it to his desk that second term.

Let us never forget this gem

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

punchbuggy posted:

Thanks. Any information about what’s going on in Sac county will be greatly appreciated. So much variance among the different counties...

My mom is one of those super healthy old people. Eighty-six years old, lives independently, walks 30 minutes everyday, works in her big garden. She mostly stays home, and wears a mask when she has to go anywhere. Takes visitors outside or in the garage, masks always on and spaced apart. I just did my daily phone check-in, and she told me that she survived Battle of Okinawa so wearing a mask and waiting a few more months is no big deal. She is awesome, and I want her to get vaccinated soon!

My 80-year-old grandmother is waiting for Kaiser in Sac county as well and hasn't heard jack. She survived the bombing of Tokyo and--- wait why do I get the feeling they know each other. Your mom wouldn't happen to have a thing for bowling would she?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

punchbuggy posted:

Uh, yes. She had to stop bowling due to arthritis in her right thumb. Yes, they probably know each other.

Yeaaaahhhh pretty good chance they were in a league together. McClellan, Mardi Gras and Fireside I imagine. That's a pretty hilarious coincidence.

And it's not the first time it's happened to me. When my dog was a young'n we'd go to the dog park every evening, and at some point an older Japanese woman started taking her puppy Prince. She had this.... I dunno air about her that really made me think she hung out with my grandmother. Sure enough, one day she comes up to me and says "I bowl with your grandma!" Figures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

punchbuggy posted:

Vaccine chat:
Those of you who have elderly relatives and friends who are waiting and waiting for Kaiser to get their poo poo together wrt vaccine administration—have them register at Sutter Health. They are accepting anyone who registers. Once an account is made, you’ll have access to vaccination sites and times available nearby. Did this for my mom, and I’m driving out to Sacramento on Friday so I can take her to get her first shot. Yay!

My grandmother called me yesterday with the same news, lol. She gets hers tomorrow, at a clinic by Costco on Expo Boulevard.

She said they're only doing 75+ right now.