Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

SporkOfTruth posted:

Ok, union blathering aside: Can anyone tell me more about the propositions on the primary ballot? Both seem like decent ideas (Prop 41 redirects unused bond money for homeless veterans programs, Prop 42 forces the cost of abiding by sunshine/open record laws onto municipalities), but I want a better source than the voter information guide.
I'm not Californian so forgive me if I miss something obvious here, but Prop 42 sounds a lot like it's going to result in nobody actually paying those costs after the municipalities decide they can't afford it and the state government has a law saying it isn't their responsibility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Minarchist posted:

Has there been anything new about that Silicon Valley venture capitalist who proposed splitting California into multiple states?

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2014/02/petition-to-split-california-into-six-states-gets-green-light/
What is wrong with people from Silicon Valley?

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Anonymous Zebra posted:

Especially since this piece apparently thinks the Dakotas have the highest quality of life!
People love the Dakotas because you can get a house on a bigass lot for like $125 sqft and then let your 5 blonde Mormon kids roam around your zero crime neighborhood.

Housing prices in the upper Midwest are crazy cheap because it is a giant flat field covered in snow half the year. Some people really like that though.

Rent-A-Cop fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Mar 2, 2018

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

HelloSailorSign posted:

Why the gently caress would I want to live in a place that snowed a ton and often.
It's an excellent excuse for alcoholism? You can save on electricity by just leaving your frozen foods outside? I dunno those people are all weird.

Snowmobiles are a hilarious way to almost certainly kill yourself though.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Jaxyon posted:

Apple ... said gently caress children.
Not at all surprising.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Squalid posted:

If people aren't renting the current luxury apartments on the market why do they keep building them?
Can't let tenants ruin your property values!

Also unlicensed hotels.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

stone cold posted:

also roving hordes of white supremacists
Sadly everywhere has police these days.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

FRINGE posted:

But what are they killing in the name of?
The Fraternal Order of Police.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

FCKGW posted:

Property tax protections would remain unchanged for residential properties.
CA should just change the state motto to FYGM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Wicked Them Beats posted:

State troopers kicking in my door, making me log off of Something Awful.
A good cop?!??!