Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

I like the statue of Lady Justice with an EU blindfold at 2:30. They do realise the blindfold is meant to be a good thing, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

twoot posted:

Britain First Political Election Broadcast 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYDKaUiYKVk

:magical:

This was painful to watch, but then I put Yackety Sax on in another tab and it became the best thing ever. I think I'm going to do this for all political youtube videos from now on, I might escape the next election cycle with most of my sanity intact.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

StoneOfShame posted:

Here in the West Midlands we have something called The Harmony Party standing, the only information I can find on them is the 'Anti-immigration, anti-EU, pro-jobs' slogan under there name, they dont appear to have a website to find out more but that doesn't sound very harmonious to me. gently caress it, the Green Party will be more than likely getting my vote anyway.

Pro-jobs? That's good to know. For a second I thought they were taking a stand against jobs. I too am in favour of jobs being a thing that people are able to have at the moment. Where do I sign up?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Voted Green up here in Scotland as the least-worst. I've also looked up their first-placed candidate, Maggie Chapman, on the internet and she seems a good egg. (I'm awaiting the immediate UKMT character assasination, but I've already voted so too late, everyone.) I've been looking at a few different charts based on option polls with varyingly reasonable sample sizes declaring the exact way I need to vote to keep UKIP out, but they don't seem to particularly agree and I have the feeling tactical voting might not be as easy as it is for our old friend FPTP. Also I think I'm sworn off tactical voting now out of pure stubbornness. If the bigger parties want my second preferences they can drat well give me a voting system that lets me express them. Harumph harumph, etc.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

So are we going to have to wait until all the other countries have voted in the next couple of days until we hear the results? I don't want to miss out on watching some suits in a BBC studio try to fill time for an evening as some numbers slowly climb up on the bottom of the screen.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Bobstar posted:

Down here somebody managed to top An Independence from Europe by starting their party with a 4.

Countdown to the "1 H4T3 F0RR3I6N5" party.

• 1066 Rematch Campaign
  • %&#£ I Hate Those Stupid *%$#ing Eurocrats
  • Aaaaaaaaaaaargh The Immigrants Are Coming
  • !SDRAWKCAB ssergorP s'yrtnuoC sihT gninruT erA stsixraM larutluC
  • **( p-a-r-t-y fo(r the WHIT;ERACE and the (poet"ry" of e e cummin)gs *party * ;;chsrydenthum----

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

So anyone else watching People In Suits Saying Things on BBC1? If so, take a drink every time Nick Robinson says "this will be psychologically important", when he means "not neccesarily important actually, but it'll sound like it means something if I say it enough".

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

BNP down 9% in the north east (to 2%).

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Jedit posted:

Good of them to post the result before we declared.

The source for that is a tweet from the Scotsman referencing "talk among reporters". Not much to go on, really.
edit: lemondrizzle stop typing so quickly, drat it

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

What's happening in Northern Ireland? The BBC aren't mentioning them at all as far as I can tell

edit: i looked it up myself, they're counting on Monday, ignore me

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

IceAgeComing posted:

The BBC are saying that from Aberdeen there has been a swing from the SNP to Labour: but also that "the Greens might beat the Lib Dems into fourth place"; which seems to imply that either the Tories or UKIP have had a horrible result in Scotland. It might also be a mis-statement, but I hope not!

If that's true it'll be UKIP, surely. And if the Greens beat UKIP then that'll mean that, barring some wild shift in the polls, the Greens will get that Scottish MEP they're shooting for. As that's the outcome I'm rooting for I will be now holding my hands over my ears in the corner and shouting "la la la, I can't hear you" for the rest of the evening, good night.

edit: I CAN'T HEAR YOU, Alecto

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Nick Robinson still finding as many ways as possible to say "This wouldn't actually be a reflection of anything, but people will think it is and so I'm going to talk about them thinking it is, in a way that sounds like it actually is."

He puts it in a lot fewer words, to be fair.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

IceAgeComing posted:

SNP 29% in Scotland; they need 30+ in order to get the third MEP :smith:

There are two ways for UKIP not to get the sixth MEP - one is the SNP getting a third seat, the other is the Greens getting a first seat by beating UKIP (currently greens are 2% below them across scotland, not sure which areas have declared yet). That means there's been a split in the tactical anti-UKIP vote, which could be trouble.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

sebzilla posted:

He doesn't believe gay people exist?

He doesn't believe people the same as him exist. We'd all like to believe that.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

An Independence from Europe's alphabet strategy seems to have paid off, they're not getting anywhere near any seats of course but out of the tiny fascist parties they're coming top, above the bnp.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Lib Dems in fifth place in the popular vote below greens, at the moment. I'll take my victories where I can.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

LemonDrizzle posted:

The SNP need to beat UKIP by a factor of >3 across the region to keep them out. The highlands result only has the SNP ahead of UKIP by a factor of ~2.5.

If UKIP get in by that kind of margin you will find me slumped in the corner screaming incoherently about electoral systems and preferential voting.

edit: i mean I do that anyway after every election but tonight even more so

namesake posted:

The more I learn about data visualisation the more I want to beat the BBC election graphics team over the head with ballot boxes.

Everything's better in 3D! Especially when you're comparing the size of things, that's when it shines.

...oh god it's nigel

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

IceAgeComing posted:

And the fact that its partially because of vote splitting between the Greens and the SNP - UKIP have actually fallen from their position in some of the polls...

Now see, if we had used STV, then... (begins drawing diagrams in chalk on the walls, foaming at the mouth slightly, words start to descend into incoherence)

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

So that's everyone declared in Scotland except the Western Isles. I don't even know what the population of the Western Isles is. Is it realistically and/or physically possible for UKIP not to get the sixth seat now?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Broniki posted:

Neat graph of the distribution of English people in Scotland.

That could also pretty easily be as much of a graph of the distribution of the rich and privileged in Scotland, if you want to start identifying demographics. Not sure about Fife though, which I didn't know had that high a score for either metric.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

We should just define the whole UK by how far it is from London, it's the most important part of your location anyway, especially when they finally get round to moving literally every job there. I'm currently living in Zone 105, or as it used to be called, Edinburgh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Munin posted:

Well, you should be glad that with HS5 your commute is merely an hour and a half. :v:

"Fully operational by 2011!" - City of Edinburgh Council

• Locked thread