Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

Guerrero/Lesnar No Way Out 2004

Thank you.

Supreme Allah posted:

Brock vs Show was always a spectacle. They had a match at a Royal Rumble where it was just Brock throwing around Show and it was amazing. They had a match on Smackdown that ended in this -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K30gm2OFhY

Which I think was the first time WWE did that, although they did it again since.

I remember that whole buildup for Show/Lesnar because it just had those sweet soundclips from Heyman who was all "I don't think you can lift the Big Show... I don't think you can get him up for the F-5. You can't beat the Big Show, Brock." and then sure enough in the match he F-5s the poo poo out of him and Heyman throws his plan into action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
"You can't manhandle the Big Show. You can't suplex him; he's too big. You can't get him up for the F-5. Brock, you can't beat the Big Show"

Now imagine Heyman giving it his best, understated-voice/bug-eyed expression delivery. It was a hell of a promo. I can't find a video of it right now, but someone may come up with a link.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
So where can I find all of the Zayn vs Cesaro matches? I've only seen the one from Arrival.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Here's the big one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JwCJmmaPkw

1 + 3 can be skipped. You really only need the 2 out of 3 match and the ArRival match.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5m2I4i7Ueo&feature=player_detailpage#t=36

Brock Lesnar promo is the best promo.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I know most of you don't watch Total Divas, so I wanted to show you why you should:

Natalya painted that. Daniel Bryan's response was "My nose looks like testicles." Total Divas is the best show.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Seriously. With poo poo like this and "That's my manager!" like, how can you not love him and let him rip every now and then?

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Indeed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ot20oc-4tQ

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Commissar Ken posted:

Thank you.

I remember that whole buildup for Show/Lesnar because it just had those sweet soundclips from Heyman who was all "I don't think you can lift the Big Show... I don't think you can get him up for the F-5. You can't beat the Big Show, Brock." and then sure enough in the match he F-5s the poo poo out of him and Heyman throws his plan into action.

I saw an interview with Kevin Nash where he was like "people wanted me to wrestle Show? gently caress, we're both huge guys and I do 4 moves and none of them work on him! Why would anyone want to see that?"

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Sockser posted:

Here's the big one

1 + 3 can be skipped. You really only need the 2 out of 3 match and the ArRival match.

Oh and I guess it's kinda obvious in retrospect but here's Chris Hero telling a story about the match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ktk8FLjmRX8

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Daniel Bryan posted:

I know most of you don't watch Total Divas, so I wanted to show you why you should:

Natalya painted that. Daniel Bryan's response was "My nose looks like testicles." Total Divas is the best show.

Wow, my paintings in fifth grade art class were better than that. Give it up Nattie.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Daniel Bryan posted:

The box holding the painting would not fit in the rental car. Nattie tied it to the roof with athletic tape and stockings. It went poorly.

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

brock had the best interviews in the history of the ufc. in that same post-fight he also said he might get on top of his wife when he gets home. then in another one he was talking about how great god is and almost accidentally said god bless god.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq5fdZe4Kn8

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Has anyone seen Brock Lesnar and Sid in the same place at the same time?

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

oldpainless posted:

I don't know poo poo, crybaby!

crackage
Sep 20, 2004

by Ralp

freud mayweather posted:

brock had the best interviews in the history of the ufc. in that same post-fight he also said he might get on top of his wife when he gets home. then in another one he was talking about how great god is and almost accidentally said god bless god.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq5fdZe4Kn8

I laughed so hard at this hahaha

Also the Show/Lesnar ring collapse that was posted earlier was my first time ever seeing Lesnars version. I've never seen a Smackdown crowd pop harder than that.

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman
I like how for Cena, lifting Big Show isn't a big deal and lifting Mark Henry is supposed to be impossible, but for Brock it's the opposite.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

oldpainless posted:

Well after that SSP he probably does have half the brains that you do

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

oldpainless posted:

Once at the County Softball Championship.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Speaking of Brock Lesnar's wife, it always blows my mind when I remember he's married to Sable and has kids with her.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

21 Hoot Salute posted:

Speaking of Brock Lesnar's wife, it always blows my mind when I remember he's married to Sable and has kids with her.

Yep. Duke and Turk Lesnar.

Nobody is gonna mess with those kids as they grow up. NOBODY. I can just envision Brock going to a PTA meeting or a school open house wearing a sleeveless Jimmy Johns shirt.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gonz posted:

Nobody is gonna mess with those kids as they grow up. NOBODY. I can just envision Brock going to a PTA meeting or a school open house wearing a sleeveless Jimmy Johns shirt.

Cain's kids will. Raquel Diaz might too.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

21 Hoot Salute posted:

Brock has Heyman call his house to seduce Sable for him when he's in the mood, all the while he's standing in the corner of the bedroom just doing one of these

Until Sable's like "Okay Paul I think I'm good now"

and then Brock just

e: He also has a full Titantron setup in his bedroom, because.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Daniel Bryan posted:

I'm looking forward to seeing this in the George W. Bush exhibit.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Oh good, another excuse to post this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQS5rm0mmGM

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Sockser posted:

Here's the big one

This poo poo is timeless

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah I've watched that match like two dozen times and sent it to as many friends.

Wish I could find Zayn-Swagger on YouTube.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Gonz posted:

Every time I see Brock in something with that Jimmy Johns logo on it, I imagine him having to say "...brought to you by Jimmy Johns" after every other sentence he says. Like that guy in Idiocracy with Carl's Jr.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svJXd9xxhv8&t=34s

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Gonz posted:

Nobody is gonna mess with those kids as they grow up. NOBODY.

Some guys online will post about what wimps they are and how anybody could beat them up, though.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Jerusalem posted:

Some guys online will post about what wimps they are and how anybody could beat them up, though.

... Haku really could, though.

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008

Sockser posted:

Here's the big one

That was an excellent watch. Thank you.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Grendels Dad posted:

... Haku really could, though.

I'm sure Haku could beat up lots of kids!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I don't remember if the match is good, but Brock/Rock from SummerSlam should be watched as well. Maybe 2002 or 2003? I remember it distinctly because Brock was the heel but was cheered the whole time while Rock took the Cena role of being booed. At least, that's how it all lives in my memory.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Phenix Rising posted:

I don't remember if the match is good, but Brock/Rock from SummerSlam should be watched as well. Maybe 2002 or 2003? I remember it distinctly because Brock was the heel but was cheered the whole time while Rock took the Cena role of being booed. At least, that's how it all lives in my memory.

I remember it being a really great match, not from a technical point of view but from a,"Look at these real life CGI-monsters go at it, holy poo poo! :stare:"

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Chokes McGee posted:

Personally, I think stuff like this works in his favor. It makes him seen like a raving lunatic who does not give one single poo poo about what people think of what he says.

I saw a great write-up a few months back about how Brock's promos make him legit scary. If someone tries to threaten you by smoothly talking about how they're going to shine something up, turn it sideways and shove it up your candy rear end, that won't register, but if someone's screaming half-coherent ramblings with a cracking voice while not putting any real thought into the words that he's tripping over, you know that guy is probably going to gently caress you up.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Phenix Rising posted:

I caught it on the network and I was surprised. It was actually really good. And Rock did the job on the way out, plus we got the beginnings of Hollywood Rock out of that.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I remember the promos for that had both of them doing Rocky Balboa workouts. Brock lugged around a fallen tree and then jumped into a bathtub full of ice.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I feel like Brock has the Mike Tyson effect where you may find his talking a bit goofy, but you wouldn't loving dare say that in front of him.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Depends on how much of a sense of humor he has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

toanoradian posted:

Ambrose getting the most damaged really makes him my favourite member of The Shield. I know Rollins get beat up a lot too, but people beating down Ambrose really sticks in my head for some reason. The Wyatts/Shield match at Main Event on April 8th, for example, features tons of the three Wyatts beating up on poor Ambrose, which makes the end just that much sweeter.

Rollin's balcony dive really makes me want to reconsider, though...

From a while back, but the fact that a legitimate case can be made why each Shield member is the best is remarkable. Jim Ross always said, if you have a stable and just 1 guy busts out of that a bigger deal, you consider it a success. They have a real chance to have three major stars/world champs from one stable.

• Locked thread