Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Bought some awesome SA cycling gear. Spent a good amount of money but I'm going to be look styling.

if you are interested
SA Mart Thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3576278

Digital Jedi has a new favorite as of 19:49 on Aug 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Bought an N64 controller because a keyboard is just so hard to use with an emulator. Been playing Blitz and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

RCarr posted:

THPS probably holds up well but I tried to play Blitz on my N64 recently and it was terrible. I used to love it as a kid but it couldn't play more than 5 mins of it now.

I listened to that song Superman the other day and had a nostalgia trip. Blitz is the only football game I can enjoy just due to the crazy things you can do in it.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Nexus 6P 64gb Graphite color.

My wallet now hurts.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Ormy posted:

pre order or have i missed this?

Yea pre-order.

Huawei refilled their stock just today and within an hour or so it was sold out again. I believe Google did as well and sold out fast.

I got mine from Huawei over Google. Google does offer $50 store gift card and 90 days of Google Music for free and a 3rd color choice.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Ticket to attend this.

Also, the flight out to Las Vegas and hotel stay.
Burn money burn

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Bought some books. Even though I don't have that much time too read

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I bought Overwatch.

No more free time for me anymore. Good bye world.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Plane tickets out to Florida for a short vacation in September. Never been out there and look forward to it. Will be out in Orlando for most of the time.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

MG3 posted:

Don't go to any gay clubs, I hear they're violent in that area.

I'm not a drinker so I won't need to worry about getting shots.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Bought me a custom fit mouthguard so I don't bite my tongue off or lose any teeth when I'm doing jiu jitsu

https://i.imgur.com/4UoUwSU.png

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

obi_ant posted:

Here. Cause they're fun? My foot is 92.8 degrees.

Bought this once I saw your post the other day. Arrived earlier and yes it is actually really fun getting temperatures of things

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Been watching a lot of soccer so I bought a soccer ball. Haven't kicked one in a decade or so.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
My toilet bowl will now light up for me so I don't have to turn the lights on in the middle of the night.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01J1N1YTW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I bought a used 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Replace my 1999 Honda Odyssey that's transmission blew out this past week after 150k miles

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I bought a sun roof for my SUV. And of course it's suppose to rain all week and weekend.
My wallet hurts.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Yes aftermarket. I honestly don't know how it works exactly. When I bought my Jeep from Enterprise in February they mentioned they can send it out to aftermarket to add whatever else I want. they have access to the same places dealers send cars to. It takes a day to install and a day to set.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Josh Lyman posted:

When I was car shopping in January, I asked my friends who had cars with sunroofs and they said it wasn't worth the trouble of looking for one.

Did they lie to me???

I had a hard time trying to find the Jeep I wanted with one. It was one of the main features I wanted and the lack of SUVs in general without them shocked me. When I went to Enterprise to drive/buy I mentioned it and the sales person said "Oh we can send out any car to our aftermarket people to add almost any feature" and it sold me.

Of course I picked the time when it is suppose to rain for the next week. I'll found out if it leaks at least.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

dumb. posted:

I've been told by three different family members that I'm pretty much guaranteed to die on this, one of which chain smokes and drinks like a fish.

Sweet looking ride! I'm finishing my riding class tomorrow and will get my license to ride!

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

LifeSunDeath posted:

Got a mic

This mic is awesome btw, clear as a bell as i'm begging jason to not murder me.

Was looking for a new mic since I bought PUBG. Thanks

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
New motorcycle gear.

Now to just buy the actual motorcycle.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Just bought something that might get me killed

2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom Special Edition

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

IUG posted:

If you don't mind me asking; How many miles and how much? I have this exact bike I'm going to sell soon.

Was just above 14K miles. Paid $3650

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Good Dog posted:

How do I go about replacing my 6P? I've filled out that class action suit that came up a few months ago but haven't heard anything since. I did buy my phone from google play store when it first came out.

I just replaced mine about 3 weeks ago. Just go through their support and tell them about the battery issue. Took me all of 20 minutes and got the phone in another week. Even with my warranty expired over a year ago they still sent me one. And so far this one is working fine

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
There were a few posters in here that were having issues with their Nexus 6P because of the known battery issue. Google is now replacing them with a brand new Pixel XL at no cost! I contacted their support and I'm getting a 128GB version even though I only have a 64gb Nexus.

I actually bought a case since the phone is free. I was thinking of getting a dbrand skin but that doesn't offer any protection if I drop the phone I went with a regular case.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

1redflag posted:

I know this isn't the right place to ask, but do you have a link to directions for submitting a claim?

I did my through the in phone chat support. Took all of 30 minutes. Just say you are having the nexus 6P battery drain issue and they will know.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Bought a new humidifier. I was using a small table top one but my room is just too large to have any impact on it. It's sort of nice the tank is open where I can just pour water into it without having to take it off at all.

And a new shower head.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I bought a new computer and spent a ton of money on it. :homebrew::homebrew:

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Noctua - NH-D15S 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler

Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory

Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive

Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB SC2 Video Card

Case: Phanteks - Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case

Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Monitor: Dell - AW3418DW 34.1" 3440x1440 120Hz Monitor

My bank account hurts :negative:

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Coredump posted:

Quoting to say I picked up one of these. However with everything else you picked up... holy poo poo.

Yea decided to go all out for this build. It's going to be amazing!

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
My uncle blew out his knee by jumping over a short fence instead of walking around it. He thought he was still in his 20s not 50s. Had to have ACL and MCL surgery and they didn't even fix it all on the first round of it. So in the spirit of the holidays I bought this great movie on DVD

If anyone else has any recommendations to poke more fun at him please go ahead.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Remind him that life is but the blink of an eye in the grand scheme of the cosmos and soon he will be dead and in a generation or two completely forgotten.

I'll have to find a card that says that to include

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Grappling spats for Jiu-Jitsu

Bought a Jiu-Jitsu themed shirt from a goon in the grappling thread.

New shoes

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

NovaLion posted:

I might need this in my life. Link to the thread/shop?

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

By the way, these shirts are finally available:

http://wyrdapparel.com
Checkout code HIREDGOONS for 10% off.

I've tried to make shipping as competitive as possible but I'm sending from Australia which is essentially a fiery wasteland at the end of the earth, so the rates might be a bit high. I've calculated prices for Australia, USA, Canada and UK. Mainland Europe and South America I've just put averaged pricing on, but if you send a message I'll calculate better specific prices for your country.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I bought $200 (40 boxes) worth of Girl Scout cookies this week. It wasn't all just for me but a good amount was and they were so good.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Just purchased this on a quick whim.

Link to buy

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Bought tickets to Bellator 198, UFC 225 and NXT Takeover Chicago.

Also, plane tickets and hotel for 4 nights out in Vegas in July for vacation and to see UFC 226

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Coredump posted:

What are people using for cell phone mounts in their cars these days?

I've been using a similar one as the poster above listed and it isn't half bad. The two biggest issues I've had are 1)My Pixel XL is large enough with the mount that it blocks the whole vent 2)Depending on the vent you have it may not stay in place. It doesn't fall off just will move a bit and the angle will be different.

I did use the adhesive but put it on the inside of my case not on my phone.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Bought a few books from Amazon. Two of them arrived but one had the entire front covered ripped off. The box wasn't damaged and the cover wasn't in it. They shipped the book as damaged.

New saddlebags for my Vulcan.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Bought a new washer and dryer set since I am a homeowner now and the 14 year old washer and 24 year old dryer were making some strange noises. Figured it's better to just grab a new set than potentially go down an endless rabbit hole of fixing things on them

My parents just replaced their 15 year old Maytag washer and dryer with the same exact ones. I haven't had any complaints about them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Subjunctive posted:

You really have to work to strip a Robertson, if you’re using the right size of bit.

While it is important to use the correct tool the main reason one strips a drive is because the tool you are using has a higher hardness than the fastener itself.