Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

JEEVES420 posted:

I grew up in Rhode Island with no garage and in a Raised Ranch (finished basement making it a "two story"). We had a shed for tools and what not and cleaned the cars off every morning. Texas you just make room for cars or use it all for poo poo and park in front...Also attics are much larger. Cheaper to build up than down/out.

I bought one of those tuff sheds last year. 10x10 barn style. Bad idea. Now it's just filled with poo poo I don't want to organize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Count Uvula posted:

Sodastream syrups are made in the occupied Palestinian territories.

Well everything made in the US is actually made in occupied Native American nations.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Josh Lyman posted:

Are you planning a school shooting? :wtc:

Why does it have to be a school? Don't shoot shame.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Redirects the flash forward instead out to the sides. Makes shooting at night not so vision degrading. It's kind of problem with shorter barrel rifles.

It does gently caress all for hiding were the shot is coming from. That poo poo is for the movies.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Rumda posted:

Well since he's buying multiple house chances are he's buying rundown buildings to do up and sell on/rent. So yeah they'll look like poo poo that's the point

Actually houses in Detroit are so cheap you can afford to lose one or two to the inevitable meth fire.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Armed Neutrality posted:

Here's some stuff that I bought for an upcoming trip to Montana that a select few weirdos like myself care about :

Lamson Speedster fly reel that will be paired with:

This in progress custom Epic fiberglass rod.

Also got an Orvis Superfine rod and a guide sling.

I spent way too much but I got "deals" on everything and I'm ridiculously excited.

Nice stuff! I was fishing on the Madison last October and was tearing them up with a 2 inch rainbow trout pattern rappala shore wadding. Got some pretty explosive bites with a mid speed retrievel just a few inches beneath the surface.
In other words if you get too lazy or frustrated doing the fly thing that's an option.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Pssssssp. Your shoes are full of poo.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

my bitter bi rival posted:

i bought sooo much stuff recently you guys.

That's literally the point of this 36 page thread.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

C-Euro posted:

'Sup vacuum buddy, I bought this bad boy earlier today-

Hoover Windtunnel 2 Rewind. Was on sale at Target for $99 and I had $60 in gift cards burning a hole in my wallet. I'm 26 and I just bought my first real vacuum cleaner (because every kept giving me their old ones and they all sucked)

My wife cleaned our eterninly Cheerioed house with this model. It lasted a year and half of being used a few times a day now so at that price it's not bad.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Bates has a similar product but I only expect a year out of them with hard use. I'm on my 7th pair but for $80 I don't expect the world.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

Those things come with 5-year warranties, so if it crapped out after a year and a half you should be able to get it fixed for free.

Your one of those guys who saves receipts and stuff eh?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I feel like a wasteful American now. Thanks guys.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

A ludicrous amount to pay for one of the worse triggers I've ever had the misfortune to feel. Interesting design but felt cheap. Felt like shooting wet farts which is actually the nice thing about it.

This was on a model from when they first came out a few years back.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Josh Lyman posted:

I've owned these sandals to wear around the house for a dozen years:

My current pair is falling apart, but $30 seemed like too much for house shoes, so I decided to give these a try for $17:

edit: v They're ugly, but I had a hard budget cap of $20 and they might be the most comfortable thing ever.

I've had a pair of croc flops for over ten years now. They just won't die.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I went in for a second interview where the Interviewer (local PD) told me I didnt need to bring in anything since they had all my paperwork. I went in for the interview and low and behold he called out sick, misplaced my paperwork and the department wouldnt reschedule since they had replacement interviewers. Oh by the way do you have a copy of your resume? Oh no? Ok please recite from memory your job, school and references from memory starting.... now. Threw me off my game pretty good.

They dont sell Buffalo Chicken rolls at a discount at 7-11 because they good. Wax sticks with spicy bread crumbs. Bleh.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Jo Ann's $3....

And my dignity...

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

How much spyware do you think is embedded in that thing?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

gypsycabdriver posted:

Yes,they can eventually become SBR's once a tax stamp is obtained. Most people keep it in pistol config during their wait for a tax stamp, which can be as long as 6+ months. But in California we cannot have SBR's at all so this is the next best option.

You can't have a pistol with a detachable magazine outside the grip. I have yet to see anyone with a bulletbutton version of an AR pistol but I'm sure some dork has.

We also have some dumb rule about maximum pistol weights that may come up.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Mu Zeta posted:

I have some 5.11 pants that actually look like normal pants. It just has the normal pockets and nothing tactical about it except that the material is water resistant.

They may get a rep for being super HSLD but I bought four pair of their cargo shorts for work and still use them. Two of them lost a button and one had holes from were a magazine rubbed a spot. Their pants are equally tough but don't breathe so get quite hot.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

It looks like a piece of egg carton discolored with coffee grounds.

Art.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

It's pretty Damon nice but I can't unsee that big dragon over your nipple as a giant wang.

If you're down with wang that's cool I guess.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Pleads posted:

If you ever wear a v-neck or one of those big looping neck hipster shirts you're going to look like Brock Lesnar.

Oh god the tip is sticking out of the top...

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Well what species is that. Give us some background.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Nice giggle switch! Looks like a real pain in the rear end to shoot though.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

kloa posted:

Bought potatoes and eggs to pretend like I know how to cook:

Dont over cook your eggs man...

A quick way to have yummy potatoes in the morning is to bake them the night before then place them in your fridge. In the morning just slice them up, season to taste and fry back to hot (preferably in some bacon grease you already cooked).

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Casu Marzu posted:

Or just toss em in the microwave for a few minutes, then cube and fry.

Microwave.... How quaint.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

$300 and very happy. 4 hours in the chair though. Mostly because he was cracking some pretty awful jokes with me. Good times.

Hula Moon, Pensacola.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Just bought a minivan disguised as an SUV

Seems like its getting much closer to the Flex than the F150. Still nice for a burly minivan.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

RCarr posted:

Same here. I have trouble picturing what kind of clothes you could actually pull off those ties with.

Short sleeved white dress shirt would be my guess. For a splash of "style".

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Harley C posted:

Or alternatively, don't buy a gun because they're pathetic kids toys.

As opposed to a sweet katana?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Harley C posted:

Autistic people often operate in hive minds you will find

Did a gun touch you as a small child?

Show us on the doll where the bad gun touched you.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Lascivious Sloth posted:

I was just recently in the country Africa and had a real swell time. It's a 100% legal kill by american standards, so please don't shop shame

If you are being legit and that's not some troll that's cool I guess. What country? How much? Who got the money? What do you plan on doing with the body?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

subpar anachronism posted:

because i am old before my time

What caliber does it shoot?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Droogie posted:

Cute, but I'm an animal control officer. They're because I'm frequently being attacked by dogs.

A friend and I would also build the pinewood derby kits and hollow out rocket engine cavities in the back with a drill press and race them down the street.

Thanks. When I found out he wanted to learn about model rockets I got super excited for the same reason and immediately ordered that easy kit. I think he'll have a hell of a time.

Strap the engines to remote control cars. I remember that being a lot of fun until we crashed one into a bush and almost caught it on fire.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Not my style but those sweat shirts and jackets are not terrible. Most people won't even know it's some dumb video game thing.
Have you even been to a mall lately? None of these things would stand out at all.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Jerry Cotton posted:

What is this, 1995?

I'd agree but I got stuck in Pensacola for 6 months this year and the mall was a thing still for the locals.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

CaseFace McGee posted:

Loaded with an Eminence Kappalite 10 for my upright bass gigs, and just out of shot is an Omni 212 TallBoy with Deltalites for gigs where I want to really rattle the floors. Great cabinets.

From a salesman, we were going to get a Dyson but we also wanted a decent shampooer, and once you include those it gets expensive enough to consider a Kirby. We were able to negotiate down a decent amount (still stupidly expensive) and it's really simple to dismantle to remove all the hair that clogged our previous vacuums and shampooer.

Plus, the wife is happy, and our puppy discovered that it's fun to pee on the carpet as we hook up his leash to go outside... it's getting used pretty often. We can return it within a short timeframe, can't remember how long, but it's probably going to stay here.

You monster you shouldn't return puppies even if they do spring a leak.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I found an axe shaped void in my life but realized I wasn't to be trusted with a real axe.

So I got a "trainer" axe to combat boredom with. Cold steel indeed.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

You are way over thinking smacking your friends with a toy axe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Digital_Jesus posted:

Which mini, the hatchback or the coupe?

2 bikes and 2 minis. You really cover all your (tiny) bases.