Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Big Pimpin, Spending the G's

To ease the pain of having to buy

Windshield

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

I bought the stuff below.

Sorry for the quality but that is the following:
Case - Fractal Design R4 White
Motherboard - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H
Processor - Intel i7 4790K
Graphics - EVGA GTX 760
Power Supply - Corsair CX750M
RAM - 16gb of ram that I can remember the name of
CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

I haven't built a new computer in a while but this is silent and fast as poo poo.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Mister Kingdom posted:

I've mentioned this elsewhere, but make sure they don't try to charge you for your own modem. I've been with them (no other option) for about 14 years and have always provided my own modem. A couple of months ago they sent me a letter apologizing for not charging me rent for the modem.

I get those letters about once a year now. I've had my own modem since I first got cable internet.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

I've been looking for a cross between a mountain bike and a road bike that wasn't a cyclocross bike and was reasonable in price. I found it.

2014 Cannondale Quick CX 4

and for when it's raining
Jet Black M1 trainer

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Also the pool is getting cleaned again by robots

LTBS has a new favorite as of 14:53 on Aug 29, 2014

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Bape Culture posted:

Bitches love shoes.

Are those Choo's or something else. I've been conditioned to think red sole = Louboutin.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Pick posted:

Because that's what it means.

I probably should have explained. I looked the picture up on google reverse image and most of the results were for Jimmy Choo's.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Work had a group buy so I got:

WSM 22.5

One Touch Gold 22.5

and covers for the OTG and an older Genesis Silver B.

Gonna grill the gently caress out of poo poo because fire.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Bought a pair of these for some light hiking around Colorado.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Flaggy posted:

Where are you going hiking in colorado?

Around Boulder and the Foothills mainly

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Every pair of Merrills I have owned lost waterproofing after about 3 months when that black stuff around the toe box started flaking off. I had my first pair replaced but didn't want to go through the trouble after that. The company was good to deal with for the replacement though. I just wouldn't buy any advertised as waterproof (im not sure if those are) and expect them to be so after a dozen wearings.

That's not good to hear. I was going to get the Goretex ones but they didn't have my size in the shop I was in. I'll have to see how they do though. I don't mind sending them back to the company if they don't work.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

I know shoes are weird here, but I got these to wear tonight

no weird spaceman sole.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

HaB posted:

So I've had this dream guitar forever - a Gretsch Silver Falcon. Notable for two things: one - of Gretsch's top of the line instruments, maybe 3 of them have silver hardware. I'm a gold hardware hater from WAY back. Brass is tolerable, but it's not silver. And two - in the 7-8 years I have been coveting this guitar, I have never seen it in stock anywhere. Even out of the big online music retailers (Musician's Friends, Zzounds and Guitar Center), I think only MF even stocks it. It's difficult to find, is what I'm saying.

So a couple of months ago, my local Ken Stanton hired a new guy in the guitar department who is a Rockabilly. Since I rocked a pompadour for many years, we hit it off well and he mentioned that his main baby is a Gretsch also. So of course when it came time to order Gretsches, he made sure to not get the same ones you can find every freakin where. I wandered in and saw the holy grail hanging on the wall. Played it and fell in love. I have been working as a contractor this year, and getting paid every two weeks it turns out that December is a 3 paycheck month this year. So after 8 years, I am now the proud owner of this beauty:

Info from Gretsch's site for the guitar nerds among you:

http://www.gretschguitars.com/products/index.php?partno=2401401824

For the record, like most things - the MSRP is WAAAAAAAAY more than the actual street price. I didn't pay even CLOSE to $4800.

$2800

One of the guys in one of my favorite (not huge) bands is sponsored by Gretsch. He's loving amazing. Awesome guitar that you got there.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Whiteycar posted:

It's a pretty good case.

Especially if you want minimalist quiet cases its almost the only option.

I have two. They are great cases and have great cable management. They are also heavy as gently caress.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

I got a remote start for my gay car. It's a Viper. I got it because it gets cold here and hot here and I like a comfortable car.

I also got a JL Audio 10" Sub with amp and box.

I don't have pictures of any of this because it's installed in my gay car.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

big mean giraffe posted:

Why do people still do this? A lovely sub makes a lovely sound system louder not better. Replace all the speakers first if you must drive around and be laughed at when your car rattles.

I like the sound of the system that is in the car. I wanted some more bass. My trunk doesn't rattle.

Thanks though.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

I got this because I hate regular flossing and I was about out of floss so yeah... neat!

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

rockcity posted:

I say this every time when someone posts one of these, but they're not really a substitute for manual flossing. They just can't clean between the tight areas of the inner sides of the teeth like actual flossing can. That being said, they are a fantastic tool and should be used as a supplement, especially if you've ever had any gum irritation. I own one and love it.

I noticed that when I used it this morning. I'll still manually floss, but this thing is neat.

Thankfully a friend has one and told me to make sure I didn't keep my mouth open when using it, so I avoided most of the water everywhere.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

woot fatigue posted:

Paper, frames and ink. Hoping to move back to Chicago this summer so I'm getting geared up to market and sell some prints.

How much do you usually sell prints for?

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

I got tickets to see Die Antwoord. I will be getting tickets to at least 2 DMB shows.

I bought some beard oil since I got bad skin.

And a comb for beard.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Trabant posted:

Moisturizes skin and (somewhat) softens beard hair. It really made it far less itchy when you're growing it out, at least for me. Plus, some of these oils have a fantastic smell. I'm partial to this one myself. I want to make baked goods with it.

Yes, you'll feel like a massive Williamsburg lumbersexual hipster. No way to avoid that part of it, I'm afraid.

That was another I was looking at but the one I got is unscented (except for the natural scent of the oils) because I got a sensitive nose :(

I have some of the Honest Amish Beard Balm and that smells good too.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

I have an itchy beard. I have fleas now?

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

DSW sale and I make bad shoe choices

Cole Haan (and I have the same ones in British Tan... needed some new black shoes)

Adidas for walking around the city.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Trabant posted:

Those seem to be $150 on Amazon, so... Johnston & Murphy? I'll get pilloried by the AE/Alden/C&J crowd, but they're a decent value in the sub-$200 range. Here are more ideas, some better than others:

http://dappered.com/2015/01/the-best-mens-dress-shoes-under-200-of-2015/

I got them at 30% off plus I have another pair of the exact same shoe but different color and I like the way they fit. I have a pair of Johnston and Murphys but they don't fit well.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

I bought a stupid suit

A great show

and some wax

Also the Dear Leader

and the Supreme Leader of the DPRK

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

PCOS Bill posted:

Looks like cardboard standups.

They are. I'm having a party for them this weekend.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

I got a new bike/vape part

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Tev posted:

I know it's a page or two back, but got a link to these? I can't seem to find these on ray-ban.com. Thanks!

Edit: nevermind, found them. Didn't scour the website hard enough. http://www.ray-ban.com/usa/sunglasses/RB4213%20unisex%201-rb4213-black/8053672298819

Mine are the 4215 57s

I don't know if that makes a difference to you or not though.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Some one was "avoiding a dog in the rain," so I had to buy these gun parts:

She came by and apologized and offered to pay to fix it and stuff. I didn't take her money because it was an accident and it's a mailbox and they are in the way of everything if you like driving on curbs. I'm pretty sure she might've been drinking because I found pieces of her hubcap about 20 yards away from the mailbox. She was also missing pieces of her right side mirror.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

PCOS Bill posted:

So uh... what's your address? I've got some free time and a bottle of Jack.

Can't you read? I just posted my mailbox... DUHHHHH

She brought her kid with her for added sympathy. I know it happened late because I got home at like 12 that night and it was fine. Fun times though. It started snowing today. In western Tennessee. In almost April. So I did what any red blooded 'Murican would do. I bought 3 racks of ribs at motherfuckinCOSTCO and they are smoking right now.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

13-inch: 2.7GHz
with Retina display
Specifications
2.7GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz
8GB 1866MHz LPDDR3 memory
256GB PCIe-based flash storage1
Intel Iris Graphics 6100
Built-in battery (10 hours)2
Force Touch trackpad

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

FishBulb posted:

It's Founder's KBS. I guess it's super limited and I'll probably say "this was not worth 6 dollars a bottle" when I drink it, I do like their other stouts though.

I got two of those.

Also a Stone Master of Disguise and a New Belgian Cocoa Mole. Both are great.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Scarf posted:

I'd give it a try if I came across one, but considering how over-hyped the Canadian Breakfast Stout was for me, I'm a little skeptical.

Sure, it was good, but gently caress if I'm not already getting sick of absolutely everything being barrel-aged. It's quickly becoming the new "hop-the-poo poo-out-of-it" movement in beer.

Another fun movement is the swapping of styles. Like a Golden Stout or a Black Kolsch. Try the Stone Golden Stout if you can find it. It's really good.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

I got 3 nights at The Saint in New Orleans.

I need a vacation, gah.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Plus a couple of tickets to Denver. Plus some extra money for extra things in the extra place that does the extra things

:420:

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

To NYC. Now to find out where to stay over Christmas. And where to eat and what to see and all the things.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

New York over Christmas
Staying here

Eating here once

Also eating at Tavern on the Green. Seeing the Rockettes. Probably go to Marea.
Getting tourist as gently caress on this trip.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Got some new headphones

Got a couple of new shirts and I'm getting my black velvet suit tailored. Vegas gonna be fun.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Bad shoe post incoming (though I like them)

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Same here in New Orleans :(:hf::(

Same in Memphis :hf: BUT THATS WHY IM GOING TO NYC where its going to be 70 :(

That's my recent purchase. Two tickets to NYC for Christmas. Staying at the Lotte New York Palace and eating at the touristy places (Russian Tea Room and Tavern on the Green) and doing everything else we can that's touristy and christmassy. We've both been several times. So we are doing tourist poo poo this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

LaCie 2big Quadra 6TB