Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Found this on Facebook. Apparently, it's Benedict Cumberbatch as Spike from Cowboy Bebop???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

burnsep posted:

Oddly specific question- a friend (female, mid 20's, petite but very fit) lost her right arm below the elbow a couple of years back, and she's been thinking up cosplay/general costume ideas that play off the arm. She likes the idea of dressing up as Nemo (from Finding Nemo) or Luke Skywalker (although that seems pretty tough to pull off) but I thought I'd check this thread for more thoughts on this. What would you do?

Mega Man would also be a good choice. You can never go wrong with Buster Cannons or Beam Swords!

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

No scale-size 7-foot long katana 0/10 :colbert:

Seriously speaking, this is absolutely fantastic.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Fallout dude

That Brotherhood of Steel guy looks awesome, and for a slight second there I thought someone was actually cosplaying Harchier Spebbington from The Ball, but then I recalled that Indiana Jones was the first one to have a guy running from a death trap boulder :negative:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Wow what the hell happened here? It's like he gave up halfway through the robot and said gently caress it.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Jellymouth posted:

Here's some of my favorites from the last thread.

Poor Seymour :smith:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

PutinOnTheRitz posted:

So my boyfriend requested a cosplay this year for Fan Expo. I said "Sure, pick whatever you want". He picked the Kaidanovskys from Pacific Rim. I wanted to kill him for that decision quite a few times over the last few weeks.

I think I like the first run of suits. We had a choice of wigs or helmets, and stifling August heat decided on wigs for us. (And a prosthetic beard hahahahahaha). I want to mod them a bit and finish up some helmets to at least carry under our arms for Anime North next year in time for Pacific Rim 2. Also I'm so proud of my bf for putting up with the ridiculous uncomfortableness that comes with huge suits of armor and wigs and pros-aid for his first cosplay. :3:

Also got to pull Power Girl out again and shake titties around for Sunday. I felt so well ventilated compared to the day before.

Russian Pilots Best Pilots. You own.
Also, reminder that during filming, the Cherno Alpha drivesuits were so drat bulky that they could not sit at all, so during breaks in filming, they had to be laid
back so they could rest. So at least you know that they didn't have it easy either :)

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Less shitposting about whether a woman's breasts are fake, more cosplay photos.

OT: Aela (Skyrim)

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

McPantserton posted:

Here's Kinpatsu Cosplay lookin' so badass as Syndra from League of Legends that I almost want to start playing.

Don't. MOBAs are a terrible thing.

More TES cosplay. This time, a badass Ordinator from Morrowind (the best TES). Partially based off the concept designs from Michael Kirkbride.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Dragon priest :black101:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Yashuntafun posted:

Self posting my Chief Chocowacker/Chocoporter from FFXIV cosplay that I made for AWA last weekend:

This is really cool. Nice job!

Silvyfox posted:

Spotted on tumblr:

It looks good and all, but why'd they half-rear end the walkman? Shouldn't it be easy to go and find a portable cassette player?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I, uh, well...uh... ok then...

My mistake :ohdear:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

hhhat posted:

I have to share the greatest cosplay in the history of the world, circa 1983. Thanks, Star Wars thread.

Is it cosplay if it's the actual actress?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

MacheteZombie posted:

Here's some photos I took in November at the Tulsa Comic-Con:

http://imgur.com/a/QLOMs

Was that Tom Felton or Aaron Paul?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

This is apparently trending big time on Facebook. Guy deserves the attention, he's a pretty cool Peter Griffin.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Is that pink chest hair or did the guy just spill some kool-aid on himself earlier?

Keep posting pics of pecs

It looks like a diagonal slash scar.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Went to Dallas ComicCon Fan Days this past weekend. Saw some pretty good cosplays there, but this one stood out in particular
Arsenal cosplay from Arrow (with bonus John Barrowman)

It looked even better in person, almost show-worthy.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

foxatee posted:

I think that's Kamui. She's German and does amazing work.

Yeah, that's Kamui.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The Mentalizer posted:

And what the gently caress is wrong with Reddit that those guys go straight to doxxing and rape/death threats?

This is p normal for them, considering how popular their MRA subreddit is. But yeah Reddit is full of retards and idiots.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Victorian Iron-Man?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I'm seeing a bigger similarity to Brendan Fraser from The Mummy.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

DragonGoon Z?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Yesssss more of this.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

That girl would make a pretty good Rei.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Huh, apparently this was part of Nintendo's marketing strategy for Bayonetta 2. They had Platinum team up with Playboy.

Rest of the shots here http://www.gamnesia.com/news/nintendo-and-playboy-team-up-to-promote-bayonetta-2

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

TF2 has the best character backgrounds in any non-story game and I will hear no argument against this :colbert:

(I stopped playing TF2 a long while ago but still follow the thing for the comics and stories)

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Jourdan Barnett

Badass

Also Comissar Canuck's Doom is already 100% better than this year's Doom, by virtue of having the tunic.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

lmao

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Transmogrifier posted:

I think it's supposed to be a crossover nod to Jackman's role as Bunnymund/Easter Bunny in Rise of the Guardians.

This

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

So is Harold Ramis.

You rear end in a top hat.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Doesn't have the tassle on the head 2/10

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Too innocent, 3/10

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Aleph Null posted:

The movie wasn't even that good. Jordan was a terrible actor, as were most of the other b-ballers. Bill Murray was the best part (as usual).

Who gives a gently caress the movie was awesome for its time.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

But does she taste like chicken?

(Beyond hosed up, but true)

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

So apparently the latest trend is Felicity Smoak cosplay from Arrow. Standing here in line right now for a Stephen Amell Q&A at Dallas Fan Days and I've seen about 10-15 ladies rockin the same color dress and hairstyle.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

That seems like terrible luck for them. She doesn't have a go to color on the show or anything.

A lot of em seemed to be wearing the blue dress she wore to a date with Ray Palmer. Others were wearing the red dress from this season's mid-finale, and I saw one of them wearing the employee uniform from Tech Barn, where she worked at during early season 3 after Oliver went broke.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

a kitten posted:

Bonus Dorothy from The Big O

Holy poo poo this is near perfect.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

veedubfreak posted:

They need to put Mark Hamill in one of the live actions. He has the best joker voice.

Pretty sure they've already done this by making him Trickster in The Flash

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

VendaGoat posted:

You folks are dead to me.

I'm going to cancel all my photography, in regards to cosplay, because of all of you.

Way to miss :thejoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Wait is this real? If so I might have to start watching WWE again.

• Locked thread