Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

dpack_1 posted:

No, no they wouldnt.

You dont need "anal leakage" appearing in Papyrus on your arm at any point in your life. You want a diagnosis you go to a doctor, not a tattooist.

Also, EMT's are told to ignore any tattoos indicating medical conditions, they only look for them bracelet things for diabetics or other conditions.

Yeah I had a co-worker get a huge 'diabetic' on her arm and every time I saw it I laughed inside because the EMT's are definitely not going to pay attention to that. No pics unfortunately because they don't allow cameras, or phones, at work due to data security rules with our clients.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Samfucius posted:

Is it surrounded by other tattoos or fat or something? Every adult type 1 diabetic I know (including myself) has abandoned the bracelets for a tattoo on the wrist/forearm, medics are trained to look for the caduceus or rod of asclepius so they should notice it whether it's a tat or a metal dog tag. There is an unspoken rule that you don't get any other tattoos anywhere near the medical one so that it stands out though.

The three doctors in my family agreed that if you're unconscious (the only useful situation for these markings) you're going to be getting an IV at some point so the inside of the wrist/forearm will definitely get noticed.

She's a type 2 so fatty fat fat.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I've encountered a lot of 'interesting and unique' name spelling over the years, but this is the first time I've seen Christima. Unless that's supposed to be cursive, in which case that is the worst script I've seen on a human being in a while.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That looks like sharpie, PLEASE tell me it's just sharpie.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah I have a feeling that whoever did that tattoo got really confused at some point, or shouldn't be doing portraits. It honestly looks like some kind of amalgam of both people's faces to me.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

ChairmanMeow posted:

stay safe cuckoo

I can't even begin to figure out what's going on with that gun other than it being wrong.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Ah yes, the kind of tattoo that not only looks bad, but is also completely useless as paramedics and nurses are instructed to ignore that kind of thing.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Biscuit Joiner posted:

Im not sure, I found it in collection of 'daily pics'. I figured it was an extension of people cutting and sewing their ears to look like elves or cropping them like this

This guy looks pretty sad about his life choices.

I think that's the only expression last guy can have without all those piercings shooting biohazard materials all over the general vicinity.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Dienes posted:

You should look up bifurcation.

Note this is extremely :nms: and of course because it is pictures of dicks :nws:

Extreme body modders are legit crazy people.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Literally the worst human being since Hitler.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That drat Satyr posted:

This post made me fall down a horrible, awful rabbit hole and now you all are along for the ride.

I didn't know Nixon had horrible facial burns.

Actually, is that Nixon? I seem to be having a touch of face blindness from this horrible tattoo.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Henchman of Santa posted:

Athlete tattoo time!

Chris "Birdman" Andersen

AJ McCarron

J.R. Smith

Unlike big name celebrities it makes sense for pro athletes to get lovely tattoos. What with all the brain damage :v:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

I'm just blue-skying here, but I could think of several possibilities:

1. Bad (or non-existent) aftercare
2. Unsterilized/reused needles
3. Unsterilized work area (ie., kitchen scratchers)
4. Allergic reaction to the ink
5. Bad ink/ink not designed for tattooing (disclaimer: I'm not an artist, but my understanding is that the FDA does not regulate tattoo inks. Some of the actual real professionals in the thread could speak to this better than I can.)

Blisters is probably caused by a kitchen scratcher or otherwise contaminated conditions, yeah. There are other ways to get infected but blisters on a fresh/still healing tattoo is usually because it's infected, especially if it's those big ugly red ones. Minor blistering can just mean you have sensitive skin.

It's not uncommon for the body to try to seal off infections in a nodule or blister. When you produce pus it has to go somewhere after all.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

ChairmanMeow posted:

these blacked out eyes, I was assuming contacts, but am I wrong?

Could be, but some BME crazies invented sclera tattooing.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

moerketid posted:

Please let this be the name of her baby.

Placenta would be a weird name for a baby.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The Worst Bear posted:

I wish there was a way for the tattoo to have that effect where if the light catches it one way it reveals the old image but if you move it reveals the new one.

Sadly lenticular printing will probably never work on skin. You'd have to get some kind of shaped dermal implant, and as far as I know even the biggest body mod crazies haven't gone that far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Well Illinois has the issue that literally anybody can set up a shop with very little paperwork. You basically just have to buy an autoclave and tell the state you're going to do tattoos.

• Locked thread