Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

What was this supposed to convey? Is it some weird MAD fold-in, where if someone were to fold her down the middle, some hilarious image would form from the nonsense pictured?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Naw...that can't possibly mean what I think.
*click*

...huh

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

cool kids inc. posted:

Is it wrong that it bothers me that Harry isn't a muggle by nature of being a wizard so this doesn't make sense ?

Edit: there are muggle born wizards but they aren't muggle. :goonsay:

That was kind of my first reaction too, so :goonsay::hf::goonsay:

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Toriori posted:

Question, I've had suspicion that someone I know is a neo-nazi for a while now after reading a comment he made online. He's a super nice guy, very friendly and personable, generally "likes" any Facebook posts I make about anything social justice related...today I noticed a tattoo on his neck that says "blood and honor", and there's a bear head in front of a crest that is red and white, looks like a shield with a red slash. I googled the saying and its related neo-nazi culture, but he's also big into fantasy/warhammer so I wasn't sure if it was just tied to that and a weird coincidence. Anyone familiar with the imagery described above, or is this guy a nazi or what.

E: I did find one link tying it just to people of Nordic decent and "heathenry" , but it's one of those things that's just tugging at me :sigh:

What did he say that made you suspicious? I mean I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt to most people. "Never assume malice when the simple answer is stupidity", etc. IIRC Nazi's appropriated a lot of symbolism from other cultures and people in their campaign. "Blood and honor" strikes me as a very Norse/Viking kind of thing to mark your body with.

Is there any reason you couldn't just ask him subtly? "Hey, I've noticed your tattoos, what's the significance of that one?"

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

:haw: OK, I want a wolf howling at the moon

:) I can do that.

:haw: Oh, and a big wolf paw print next to that

:) OK sure.

:haw: And, and, a swan gliding past like it's floating on water on the bottom

:raise: Oooooh Kaaaay.

:haw: Oh! Oh! Oh! and that big paw print, has to show a goofy looking wolf face too.

:geno: Uh...

:haw:

:saddowns:

:haw: I liek wolves.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

1redflag posted:

First, I love the fact that this guy is in a hang named "addicted 2 bitches" yet misspelled bitches on his nose.

Second, what is on his upper lip? If it isn't something related to vaginas, I'm kind of disappointed given the nose tattoo.

Looks to be "Stop Staring" on top and "Bitch Kiss Me" on the bottom.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

JoelJoel posted:

Finally, I'm like 90% sure this is just pen, and either way it wouldn't last long, but gently caress this idiot:

Wouldn't getting a tattoo on the soles of your feet be incredibly painful?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

My guess is that either the pic we have or the cell phone pic is for the guy himself.

Not gonna lie, if I just took a knife to the face, and I was stable enough to sit up and not have blood pouring out of my skull, I want a copy of that poo poo. That fucker's going up over the mantle.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Quint Gets Eaten posted:

I know Batman is supposed to be grieving the city, but the way he has his hand to his forehead kind of makes it look like he is the one who caused this destruction and is just now realizing "Oh poo poo, how the hell am I gonna get out of this one?"

Also when I first looked at the Captain America one I didn't see Bin Laden's head and I thought that Cap was standing triumphantly beneath the chaos he has wrought.

In other words, I'm looking at two tattoos of Superheroes who possibly caused 9/11.

Great. We finally get another Marvel/DC team-up, and this is what they come up with!

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Same. My only thought (as it usually is) is that he's gonna have to shave his arm pretty regularly to keep that Robin Williams-esque fur from coming in and reclaiming the land.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

What a terrible tattoo, I bet he has terrible taste in clothes too

Look at his shirt. Hypothesis: confirmed.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Maybe her fingers are being systematically removed by Starbucks and she's trying to warn everyone subtly.

LOVE. STARBUCKS. OR. ELSE.

#PSL

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I have to wonder, does anyone ever go in to a talented tattoo artist's shop, describe an idea or pick out something off the wall, have the guy draw it and then go
"Yeah, that, but shittier."

I mean would someone go for a tattoo and then haggle the price down for a lesser quality product? Like I'd like to think for some of these that the artist is capable of quality work and the customer is just extra stupid.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Yeah, that's a really stupid idea for a tattoo, but I can't really fault the execution (though Al looks a bit like Jimmy Carter)

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

It looks like this one is on a dude, but I don't think I like it either way. Either it's

A) On a chick, and she's reminding her potential frat bro companions to Get Consent before loving her...

or

B) On a dude, he has to remind himself to Get Consent before loving a chick.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Bitchkrieg posted:

There are so many things to say about this tattoo.

That it's colorful?
That it's very pretty?
That the artist put a henna tattoo in a regular tattoo?
That the artist seems very talented?
That this belongs in a good tattoos thread?

I think it's gorgeous. I wouldn't get it myself, but drat if I'm not impressed by it.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

It looks like it was applied to his skin by an early 90's printer.

I think the design is cool, but the execution is just shaky.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Do does the Rebel Teardrop tattoo indicate that she's killed somebody? I mean, she offs a stormtrooper in the first 5 minutes of being on screen, so that's accurate, I guess.

Also, glad I'm not the only one who saw "shave" in the Labyrinth tattoo above.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

cat_snake posted:

I don't get the soda can tab with chapstick.

That tattoo just screams "lost bet" to me.

Ha, you lost Jimmy! Now you have to get a tattoo of the random things I have on my desk.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Is that an actual tattoo or bic? Given that it looks like someone seated at a desk in high school, I'm hoping the latter.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Is it possible that "Nobodies Perfect" is actually done on purpose?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Haruharuharuko posted:

loving hell its been a day

Alright, once again, I'm playing the idiot card. Is the blood there part of the tattoo design or is that his actual blood and it just looks like he got a tattoo of a menstruating shark?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Tiggum posted:

Those are clearly all dates:

15 Dec 2013

8 Feb 1996 (or 2 Aug 1996)

14 Feb 1958
23 Sept 1961
7 Oct 1985
7 Oct 1987

What significance those dates have I don't know, but presumably they mean something to the people who have the tattoos. My guess is birthdays.

My guess is that they are all a cabal of time travelers and they are detailing when they have been to on vacation.

quote:

Like this guy conveniently letting the police know the location of where his other limbs will be found when all they can find is his left arm. The first pic is the riddle. If you solve it in time, he lives.

quote:

And this one reminds me of a printer's color marks, so they know what shades and tints to use.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

You slip a spoon underneath. It is still nuts.

:aaa: Slipping a spoon underneath an eyelid is supposed to sound not nuts?

I mean, is this thing where common logic would say "You can't do X, because of reasons" and the response is "gently caress you, dad!"?

I mean, in my head, someone is taking a teaspoon (sanitized/sterilized) and working it gingerly under the eyelid so they can poke at it a few thousand times with an ink filled needle. But that can't be what you mean. Right?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Like, they could just take the time to teach their daughter about how everyone is different and how that's OK.

But no, instead, let's get a big red mark on our legs too.

Well one of these options is permanent and will help their child with something that could be difficult later in life.

The other is a stupid pair of stupid tattoos.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

This one's a Keith Haring, so I'll give it a pass. Really the biggest shame is that s/he (???) got it in all black instead of a color.

Was going to post this. The line work around the legs is a little shaky, but I like Haring's stuff (I can never remember his name though). It's really not very good in all black.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

bummer dude posted:

Just in case you all aren't being intentionally obtuse for "comedy", its the title/font of Drake's newest album.

Even if that's all it was, it is a stupid tattoo. I mean, I guess he could go back and add in the apostrophes later...

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

SpliffClavin posted:

The stories are the best part.

Just like Tattoo Nighmares

"I got inked by Anthony Keidas after being a fill-in drummer for RHCP one night. Then I remembered, I don't know how to drum. I was roofied and all I have to show for it is this awful tattoo."

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Eggbeater Jesus posted:

I wonder if some crazy soul out there has Hitler there. With moustache and everything.

You know, that seems like a lot of dedication, just to end up calling Hitler a pussy. And I've got to be honest, even under the best of circumstances, loving Hitler's face doesn't sound all that appealing.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Boru posted:

Ah man at first glance I thought this was the screaming druid. That's legitimately dissapointing.

What is it actually? because all I see is The Dude wearing a hoodie over the onomatopoeia of a fart sound.

I already know I'm not going to like the answer. :(

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I met her in a club down in old SoHo
Where they drink champagne
And it taste just like cherry c͞o͍͈̰̱l̷ͅa̖

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Aww, he's another one of those dads who gets tattoos of the things his kid drew. That so sweet.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

DorkusMalorkus posted:

Hey so how about this guy, who got a photo of his infant son tattooed on his face:

Another view:

Origami Dali posted:

Oh, this guy again. My girlfriend knows him. He's already got a huge rose/skull and a pentagram tattooed on the other side of his head. He also has a janky-rear end Doctor Who tattoo. He and the baby-mama are always on the rocks, and both are chronically unemployed.

Really? I can't imagine why a guy who collects bad tattoos on his face might be chronically unemployed.

I don't know. It's your face/body and you should be able to put whatever you want into and onto it, but drat, I just know I'm paying for this guy's bad choices.

This guy should get a job being Exhibit A for the Republican party. "Look, the Liberals allowed this to happen. This is what happens when you don't have prayer in schools."

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Too bad it's on his feet and not his head

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

razorrozar posted:

Tasteless Tattoos: Ain't that a bith

????

Only somewhat surprising, a quick GIS turned up no results for "Bith Tattoo"

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

SpliffClavin posted:

My cousin has a pair of eyes tattooed on his back like that. Apparently he had a really cool idea (not sure what) for a full back tattoo and started with the eyes in the middle of his back. Then he couldn't handle the pain for the rest of the tattoo. So now there are eyes on his back.

Well, at least now if he's shirtless in the woods he can scare off birds sneaking up behind him, so good for him.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Scratch Monkey posted:

Is that Klingon writing at the top near her neck?

I don't think so...

It almost looks like some stylized made up spelling of "moon", but it could just be a lovely freehand design seeing as how both halves are trying to be mirrored?

All I know is, I don't want to know this person IRL. The phoenix tattoo is not too bad, but the precious moments memorial and what appears to be Scarface on the dollar bill poster in the background are big red flags.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

aidoru posted:

Yes, generally.

Content:

I thought this was Jokerman font at first.

Fryend$
Firs4
hle
5edon♪

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't get it. Why would you use that product rather than a tattoo gun? Or more to the point, how is that not a tattoo gun? And frankly DIY tattooing is second on my list of poo poo to never DIY, right behind home surgery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Miaou posted:

I mean, technically it's done well, but all I see are dicks.

Zo, how long haff you been zeeing dicks everywhere, Herr Miaou?

• Locked thread