Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
12 12?

"Heil Hitler" is 8 8. Was she just taking an average of that and the Fourteen Words?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

"The fox went up my rear end" is an odd sentiment to convey in a tattoo.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

eithedog posted:

I guess it can stand for anything; observe!

:raise:

I think the top one actually is supposed to say "beautiful" and "disaster", though.

"Singer" and "vain" would be loving hilarious, and way more creative than "sinner" and "saint".

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Tracula posted:

I'd say for how old the tats are they've held up pretty drat well and he looks like an absolute badass, young and old.

Yeah, I think this shows how getting quality work holds up over the decades.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

The penis-headed T. Rex bugs me the most, for some reason.

P. rex

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Cmdr Tomalak posted:

Also it's the old version of the Creed. That's either an old tattoo or dude hasn't been to Mass in the last 3 years. There's no real way to add the extra words on there either...

It's more or less the English Language Liturgical Consultation version that's used by Protestant denominations. I was going to guess Methodist, but they say "catholic church" rather than "Christian church" so I am guessing it's an Evangelical denomination's adaptation.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Count Freebasie posted:

It's the older version of the Catholic Apostle's Creed word for word except reading "Christian" instead of Catholic."

It would have been hardcore if he tried to fit the Nicene Creed.

It has "descended to the dead" rather than "descended into Hell" also. Obviously the different translations are going to be similar; it's a short text in a well-understood language.

I would pay money to see someone with the Nicene Creed on their back. They'd have to be really fat or tall, or it would have to be tiny!

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Say Nothing posted:

Jesus Christ!

Rik Mayall Jesus best Jesus.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Free your judgment? What is that supposed to mean?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

SpliffClavin posted:

I saw a horrible 8-ball tattoo at the ammo store today and I wondered why anyone would get an 8-ball tattoo. It's not like other generic tattoos that at least try to be badass (skulls ect). Does it mean that they like cocaine?

I guess they could also really like pool. Or both.

It used to be the equivalent of "Born to Lose" but I think people just think it's cool looking now.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Istari posted:

The little laurel on the right-hand side leads me to believe that this is a tattoo of a very feminine-looking Julius Caesar having his ear hosed by a dove.

This owns if you know the drawing, though.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

JoelJoel posted:

Other than insects, I find pretty much every baby animal cuter than a baby human. The gently caress, evolution?

Anyway, chickens are cool animals with a cool history. Let's examine some chicken tats:

I'm, uh, sure this one has a story

That's a pretty accurate representation of the "rubber chicken" sold in joke shops.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Tracula posted:

Friend of a friend on Facebook.

Nope, no reason you would ever be ashamed of a tattoo like that.

Put another A under it, and you just look like a movie fan. A movie fan with lovely taste in fonts.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Hey, I was right, that person is a rage-filled transwoman lashing out at absolutely every single system in the world which might possibly have let them down in some way. Cisgenderism, heterosexuality, capitalism, mainstream religion, and I'm sure the list goes on and on beyond what a cursory glance shows.

Is this person a vegan as well? Wouldn't be surprised if so.

She apparently has multiple personalities, if that helps. Basically all the weirdest echo chambers of Tumblr distilled into one person.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Bombadilillo posted:

Multiple personalities is not a thing.

I wasn't suggesting it was, nor that anyone had diagnosed her with the (very rare) Dissociative Identity Disorder. She is a proud Tumblr multiple who doesn't need any doctors to tell her she's crazy. Or monitor her hormone use and levels, or her general health. gently caress the system!

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

niethan posted:

thats clearly a heart though. now if the takes a dump it might be a spade

It'll be a deuce either way.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Well this sure is something -

Paul Reiser as Han Solo? Whatever floats your boat, lady.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Haruharuharuko posted:

Woman holding a... bassoon?

I looked at this for a long time, and after I stopped seeing the lower half of a bassoon, which is what it looks the most like, I couldn't decide whether it was meant to be an unstrung Irish harp or a horrendously drawn bow (archery bow, I mean). Still can't figure it.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Somehow I missed that whole thing, but it turns out it was fake anyway (hoodie dude hired actors to pretend to be newscasters). Primo tattoo choice!

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Ambigrams almost never work properly. It's not ugly, though.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Karma Monkey posted:

Content:
Were they actively struggling against the tattooist? That's some shaky rear end writing. Complete with bad kerning, bad spelling, and Every Word In A Sentence Capitalized. (Maybe it's a song title?)

It's a quote from Pocahontas. I don't know either.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

kinmik posted:

Freedom isn't free, but it's apparently worth folding a bald eagle in half for.

They're not endangered anymore, so gently caress 'em. Origami those birds!

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

I still want to know what melly is. My Google for "melly" + "food" and similar only turned up bakeries in Toronto, Louisiana, and somewhere in Australia (no city given on "Contact Us" page).

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Probably a combo platter of person prone to keloids + allergy to some ingredient in the tattoo ink + incompetent tattoo person.

Poor guy.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Edmund Honda posted:

Today is a gift, yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery

It's supposed to be "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift; that's why they call it the present."

So embarrassed that I know this lovely, banal saying.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Thin Privilege posted:

I think in 10-20 years the tattoo removal industry will be BOOMING. I went to a festival this weekend and the amount of people with random small tattoos all over their bodies was insane. Like just small things haphazardly placed on random parts of the body. One girl had the peanut butter jelly time banana on her tricep. Imo if you're going to get tattoos, commit and get a big piece. Not some ~random quirky~ thing.

...I need to get an MD and buy a tattoo removal laser....$$$

You just need training in using the laser, at least in some states. These people are apparently making bank up here.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

CherryCat posted:

Those are some old lady faced angels.

The one on the right is Buscemi-faced.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Reminder that Ahuviya Harel, proud owner and designer of that fine tatt, cannot ride a bicycle, has never been to Puerto Rico, and is not of Puerto Rican descent (despite claiming to be).

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

Cannot ride a bicycle?

According to people who know Ahuviya in person, yes. Despite being covered in bicycle-related tatts, Ahuviya admits to never having learned to ride a bicycle.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Maybe she meant "no rugrats," though.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Bitchkrieg posted:

It's a new non-laser removal system called Tatt2away

I just saw that a biggish tattoo and piercing place nearby had added that to their signage. Huh. One-stop shopping, I guess.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Sentient Data posted:

Including deals custom made for our 420 friendly clients) 

gently caress it, pay us in weed!!!

At your house, because you can't get a babysitter!

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

The Mark of the Beast

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

She is bad, but the tattoo seems okay (it's a quote from A Midsummer Night's Dream).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

DorkusMalorkus posted:

Let's just agree that it's compensating for a tiny penis and move back to the tattoos in the bad tattoos thread:

Alexei Sayle in a bad wig.

• Locked thread