Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Fiend Computer posted:

Family friend shared this. She is also someone who is getting a liberal arts degree and constantly shares a lot of conservative "we should drug test people on welfare" or "we need to keep our the minimum wage low because gently caress the poor!" kind of stuff. It makes me feel really disappointed. :(

Lol, when she finishes her useless rear end liberal arts degree, she's going to have a hell of a wake up call.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I love this thread so god drat much. It's nice to know I'm not the only one with awful sociopathic shitlord "friends." I always want to scream "I got a degree from a good school and did everything I was supposed to and I still barely make more than minimum wage part time!" but I know that somehow, somewhere, it was probably just my fault.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Wizard of Smart posted:

I ended up bringing this up to him and he said (I swear to god)

To which I said

And walked away.

Good god what a piece of poo poo.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I was reading 'WW' as Wonder Woman at first and I thought, 'yeah, it would probably be unlikely that someone could rape Wonder Woman. Strange analogy, though.'

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

A fresh slice of pure, succulent pretension.

I'm pretty sure this guy watches a lot of animes.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Edward_Lapine posted:

I've lurked this thread for awhile and often don't get too many crazies but I've found a few gems recently.

Context: Some guy I met at gay pride festival in the city and was casual friends for a time a few years ago. This came out of nowhere.

Context: An EMT I used to work with. Why yes the Koran says bestiality is OK.

Context: 400+lbs Paramedic I know. Nice dude overall.

I'm usually picky with adding people on Facebook since most of the people I work with in public safety just post "IMPEACH OBAMA" and "CANT TAKE ARE GUNS" all the time. :911:

:ironicat:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

canyoneer posted:

How do you have 47 origin games? I can't even think of 47 games available on Origin that I'd want to play :psyduck:

Origin sells third party games, just like Steam does. And they've been a lot better about having decent sales in recent years too.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Childers B. Lace posted:

Oh, well he might not even have to split up with his girlfriend, they dabble in poly-amorous relationships. I messaged him a message that said the following: Try not to give anyone Chlamydia at Frolicon! Apparently I am a jerk according to him :smithcloud:

Not that they aren't a bunch of weirdos or anything, but you do realize that Chlamydia is easily cured with basic antibiotics right? Like it doesn't matter that he tested positive recently as long as he took his pills.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I've seen that picture pop up on my fb several times now and I honestly hope that bitch gets eaten by a lion.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Khazar-khum posted:

The situation in much of central Africa is pretty dire. Between the warfare, people moving into once pristine national parks and setting up villages, and poaching, the wildlife is in rough shape. The rangers cull the ones they must every year, trading the meat to the groups that support the parks. Scheduled hunts like this one provide much needed cash to the parks. This girl killing a couple of animals isn't doing any harm, unlike the damage the poachers and often their own governments do.

Poachers go after certain animals, basically those which will provide wealthy Asians with the ingredients for aphrodisiacs. The number of animals they slaughter is staggering. Black rhinos are probably extinct in the wild, and the other rhinos aren't far behind. Powdered rhino horn is mixed into drinks in Vietnam as proof of wealth.

Harm or not, she's a disgusting human being, as is anyone else who participates in canned hunts.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Krispy Kareem posted:

I

I haven't been following this too closely, but since Hobby Lobby is privately owned, what you're seeing isn't a corporation's beliefs - it's the owners' beliefs. The Supreme Court ruling applies to both privately and publicly held companies, but it's a whole lot more difficult to meet the court's religious standard when you are a public company without a history of certain practices. Wal-Mart and GM can't cherry pick their coverage. Chick-Fil-A might be able to.

I love when people point this out as if it makes this somehow not a terrible decision which continues down a slippery slope of awful precedents.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Krispy Kareem posted:

I agree it can be construed as a slippery slope, but it's also really tough to claim a religious exemption. It's not like company A can just say, "Christian Scientists don't agree with doctors so we don't either." You'd have to make your religious beliefs part of your corporate culture, which most businesses won't do because it limits your consumer appeal.

And even then, there are limits to what you can claim. Abortion is a controversial issue with religious implications. Preventive medicine, access to mammograms, and cancer treatment - not so much.

I hate having to defend Hobby Lobby because I've really disliked the store ever since I went in expecting Hobby Town. Their stores are weird, are full of cheap crap, and they have poo poo for art supplies. But they treat their employees well and they had a legitimate argument which they won.

The problem is that it's not a legitimate argument. The drugs they have a problem with don't do the things they think they do. So there's no reason at all to oppose them since they work exactly the way the other 16 methods of birth control do. A privately-held corporation has no loving business being involved in this kind of discussion no matter what the religious beliefs of it's owners, and it's shameful that we as a country are forced to accept this.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Krispy Kareem posted:

A legally legitimate argument.

:rolleyes:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Stairs posted:

Don't get me wrong, the births I expereinced are special to me, they're my kids after all. I just don't think that everyone, especially those who chose not to have kids, should have to be inundated by Facebook hugboxes trying to make it sound like the most important thing ever. Because it's nothing more than every other animal goes through.
As for having too many kids, I actually do realize that because of my choice i have to "give back" somehow so I try to make up for the difference by recycling more, donating to charities, and being environmentally friendly.

Yeah, it's pretty annoying as someone who has made the decision to not have children. It's all over my facebook because all the people I went to college with have gotten married and are now having kids. Congrats on doing exactly what your body is designed to do! If we're going to celebrate basic biological functions I'd like a pat on my back every time I have a satisfying poo poo.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

trapped mouse posted:

"Why don't black people want to join the Republican Party???"

I didn't realize everybody who lived through the civil rights movement was dead now.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

The White Dragon posted:

I hate to break it to you, but people have cared more about sex than music since before humans even existed

As someone who was in high school when Blink 182 and New Found Glory were on the radio, L o loving L

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

BigPoot posted:

Was second from the left a guitar player for Megadeth or something? Got drat.

To be fair, the other four are actually quite attractive, and if you don't think so, you are way too young.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

SteveVizsla posted:

If they haven't already died from the dirty water/lack of filtration, no temperature monitoring, tiny tank that isn't even half filled with water, lack of lid so they can bounce out when it crashes into something...

Yeah, I mean obviously you'd have a betta in there, not a goldfish.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Pretty much every sugar free candy has a warning that says "hey, don't eat a fuckton of these things in one sitting or you'll poo poo your brains out." If you can, you know, be a grown up and not mow through a bag at a time, you can still enjoy sugar free candies.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

kazil posted:

Expecting officers to shoot someone in a leg isn't reasonable. It sucks that someone died but expecting poo poo from movies is stupid.

Yeah, therefore you should immediately shoot someone 12 times in the chest. The only way to prevent harm to the noble law officers is to make sure the mentally ill man with the pocket knife stops breathing for good.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

kazil posted:

A gun is a weapon of deadly force. If you are going to shoot, it's to kill, not to incapacitate. Like I said, it sucks that someone died. But leg shots/arm shots/warning shots are bullshit you see from movies.

I'm glad it takes so little in the US to escalate a situation to the point where deadly force is used. "Welp pepper spray didn't work EMPTY YOUR CLIPS BOYS."

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Scarf posted:

Did you miss the part where he lunged a the cop with a butcher knife from 3ft away?

We get it, you don't like cops. You don't like guns. But they have the right to protect themselves from life-threatening harm, same as anyone else in this country.

Nope, cops actually should be held to a higher standard than private citizens when it comes to lethal force.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Scarf posted:

He has to be a joke, right?

Here's the only video on his youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEh6LoocymI

Poe's Law in full effect here.

• Locked thread