Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
More from the desk of Mr. "Spend Money Make Money gently caress YOU PATRIOTS YOU COST ME $1000 YESTERDAY"

It's like, I don't know how you can have gone through college during the economic crash and grown up in Hawaii with its astronomical and unrealistic real estate prices and still get taken by this poo poo. It's safe to invest in property without money!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
That depends, are they in the US or Canada? Unless they live in a place with a significant minority population, they'll probably be wildly popular for it :v:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Wizard of Smart posted:

How is firefighter guy doing during firestorm 2014? :ohdear:

He's doing great! I mean, he's the guy who started the fire, but hey :unsmigghh:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Just to clarify: the guy who posted this is just a guy. It's his link, which is actually among the most professional web design Hawaii has to offer.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Experto Crede posted:

As for the pipe, I just thought it was kind of cool, and an interesting way to try lots of cool flavoured tobaccos.
I honestly dress casually 'cause where I'm from, wearing something with buttons on that isn't a cold weather jacket or jeans is a good sign someone's more of a gaping rear end in a top hat than the goatman, but I did get a pipe when I was introduced to weed and it saved my rear end a couple times in college during... let's call 'em "unplanned interactions with officers of the law." Cops get nuts over glassware and brushed aluminum, but if you have a varnished pipe, you're just some jackass kid playing with tobacco to them.

As for hats? gently caress 'em, my hair's too wild for that.

Fur20 has a new favorite as of 19:43 on May 18, 2014

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Would they just be like classic powdered wigs or would we get a modern update where you have a wide variety of them. I wouldn't do a powdered ponytail but I might be inclined to wear powdered dreadlocks.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Guest2553 posted:

If Facebook existed in the 70s people would post pictures of themselves giving their pets whippets or beating up communists. We're just as dumb, it's just better documented.
Giving your pet some nitrous sounds like it would be more trouble than it's worth to just get a dumb photo of.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Druggachusettes posted:

Where should we go to spring break?

China bro!
To be fair, I knew a guy who was like "brah we should go to Redding for Spring Break" and I was like "what the gently caress you wanna go there for, the only things in Redding is trees and meth" so you can do a lot worse than China.

Guarantee he didn't wanna go there to find Working Designs, he wasn't a frickin' goon like me, and if you wanted some crystal, just save some gas and drive up to Paradise, poo poo.

Fur20 has a new favorite as of 06:00 on May 23, 2014

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Hey, some ninjas wear, like, demon masks if they're into that kinda poo poo.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Mince Pieface posted:

As a formulation scientist nothing annoys me more than people bemoaning 'additives' or 'preservatives' on facebook. Similarly, raging against 'processed' foods. Nothing is inherently bad about any of those things. What exactly is wrong with not dying of botulism toxin?

Blood disease builds character. Pussy.

I'd go on about uneducated or otherwise-educated people who are just very bad at critical thinking, but you're a formulation scientist, you've heard it a million times.

v Yeah, I'm no biologist.

Fur20 has a new favorite as of 23:16 on May 29, 2014

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
The problem is that most proponents of raw milk aren't actually farmers and don't have access to stuff that's less than 24 hours old; they just get them from shady health food stores run by burnouts who can barely remember their own names, let alone when their stock came in last.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
I don't have to deal with that kinda thing either, but while my grandparents are still alive on account of my family is notorious for crazy longevity on all sides, it's because they're just too apathetic to adopt modern technology. I mean, they aren't Luddites or anything; both my grandfathers still build CRTs for fun, but they're like :effort: about building a computer.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Like, I get nationalism, but the British bulldog is kinda... ungraceful as a national symbol, isn't it?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

LoonShia posted:

I had no idea Northerners typed phonetically.
While I don't post them because this is "idiots on social media" and the people in question aren't actually being stupid, tons of people write Hawaiian Creole English phonetically too.

"small kine sesh... aurai cheeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

He's probably the least credible source possible.

Steven Seagal, somehow, seems more credible than him.

Steven Seagal named his firstborn Kentaro, that's some Nite Crew poo poo right there.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

IBurnStuffAlot posted:

God drat it it happened to me. I'm Ben, Nick is a supporter of the same hockey team as me, who I've gone with to a game like twice.

I dunno if this makes me the idiot, but while I'm glad your heart is in the right place over this, it's important to note that "friend of the family" or "nigga" isn't empowering at all and you shouldn't let yourself fall into this guy's fallacy trap. If the owner--or even every last person affiliated with the entire franchise--was Native American, it still wouldn't be okay for them to call themselves the Redskins because it disenfranchises everyone who doesn't want the term applied to them.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
A guy on my Facebook just posted a nutshot of a particularly classy passenger on the bus, but I'm hesitant to link it because it's not the fun, Schadenfreude thread kind of nutshot :doh:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

bonestructure posted:

He often expresses concern for the feelings of women in his work, therefore he is a massive human being qqqqq pussy of course

I thought the only thing Bruno Mars expressed concern about was the lack of cocaine in rehab

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Lottery of Babylon posted:

In Red's profile picture he's dressed up as the eleventh Doctor and holding a toy sonic screwdriver.

At first I thought this was just some weird guy posting conspiracy theory poo poo in inappropriate places, and then I got to the end of his post and was sorely disappointed.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Conal Cochran posted:

God did send you a man who understands your needs and makes you feel special.

His name was Jesus.
Jesus is in the Brown Zone, where he gets laid, but then gets chased out by her dad at gunpoint.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Byzantine posted:

These always seem to pick the easiest possible things to complain about. "HOW DO I PAY BILLS ARGH"
If the only reason you didn't go to college is because you didn't learn how to enter your name, address, SSN, and either your or your parents' credit card information into an online form designed to be exceptionally idiot-proof--when I was in uni, California State University divided each of those into an individual step each--then there's probably a different reason you didn't make it into higher education.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

BonHair posted:

The thing that gets me is that it's just wasting fuel for no reason. I get that you don't care, but you are pretty much just burning (extra) money to prove a stupid point.
It's more than that they just don't care: they're going out of their way to cause poo poo because there are people who do care. I went to school with this rear end in a top hat who mixes his fuel with heptane because he heard that it's a worse pollutant than octane.

It's like a perverse form of the yin-yang philosophy.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

moerketid posted:

From "DutchNews.nl" which is a news website in English for foreigners in the Netherlands, like myself. News piece: "Dutch MPs return from break to discuss MH17 crash, Russia's role"

Sometimes conspiracy theorists just fly right off the deep end.

from a guy who is obsessed with the Tea Party and yet isn't white, has four kids, and makes <$10k a year :downs:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ZeBourgeoisie posted:

It's my personal opinion that you've got to keep at least one white, republican imbecile on your friends list, just for the entertainment value.
I grew up in Hawaii so most of the people on my flist are non-white and I can guarantee you that you people don't have a monopoly on being imbeciles.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Regalingualius posted:

You sure? I've been told that modern Japanese was influenced by a Chinese rulership sometime quite a few hundred years ago, and there are certain similarities between Mandarin and it as a result. Granted, I'm by no means an expert in either.
Yeah, Japanese has a lot of simplified characters that represent a single sound even in their simplest sentences. When you don't see those, almost guaranteed it's Chinese.

LoonShia posted:

I think Castle Doctrine should be "you are allowed to challenge any and all who enter your property to a jousting competition; or fencing duel if horses are not avaliable."
Well, it would provide a lot of content for the Schadenfreude thread, at least. I'd watch more videos of fat rednecks dueling to the death than I watch videos of fat rednecks brawling at Denny's.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

I hate to break it to you, but people have cared more about sex than music since before humans even existed

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Betteridge's Law of Social Media, dude.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

glowing-fish posted:

...I always thought that "Incel" was shorthand for "Internet Celebrity", the type of person who always gets lots of responses to social media posts!
To be fair, they probably tend to fall under the same umbrella.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Slickdrac posted:

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/32804431/ns/us_news-military/t/marines-take-deadly-risks-trust-game/#.U9wp0fldVyw

Thanks for reminding me of that stupid poo poo that most of the people I served with thought was a totally okay "game".

article posted:

"You have young men, bored, killing time with a gun. That's not a good mix," Solis said. "I don't think the Marines have any corner on this. I think it happens in the civilian community as well."
"Oh yeah civilians point guns at one another for fun all the time when they get bored, everybody's doing it!"

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

casual poster posted:

What the hell is up with Natasha Jones's incredible over reaction? Did that post really make her that angry??

Grandma's tombstone says BORN TO DIE rather than REST IN PEACE.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
In the Book of Mormon

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Deltasquid posted:

Please be a parody, oh pretty please be ironic.

tl;dr, abandon all hope, ye who enter here.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

That DICK! posted:

so this just popped up on my feed

poo poo, I wish my Facebook was a self-contained episode of Maury. All I've been seeing lately is Hawaiians posting neo nazi propaganda videos and boring hippy dippy chakra news articles.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

grittyreboot posted:

What kind of Nazi videos are your friends reposting?
You know, the usual poo poo: "these black people are ruining our country because they are <doing thing>," articles about some nutjob's power fantasy where he shoots some teenagers for doing one of those knockout pranks, etc. Nothing exciting enough to appear on daytime TV.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

CrowsNestMutineer posted:

Ask your friend what they think would happen if a black person tried to carry this around at night.

He'd go to heaven.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

kannonfodder posted:

I CONSUMED DIFFERENT MEDIA AS A CHILD THAN CHILDREN DO TODAY, THEREFORE I AM SUPERIOR.
You would think our generation would be all about "yeah I knew how to program a VHS when I was four, pretty sure I can figure anything out :smug:" but instead it just ended up being "what happened to my compact discs :bahgawd:"

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Today's Idiot on Facebook is Bing:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Perestroika posted:

I prefer the door analogy: If somebody walks through a lot of doors it doesn't mean anything, and if a particular door is walked through by a lot of people it still doesn't mean anything.
But if you walk through the same door sixty-four times, you might cause the universe to poo poo itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Apogee15 posted:

Should all of those be banned? Or is it only when some percentage of the population can have a reaction? What percentage is that? Where should it be banned? Just schools? What about airplanes or buses?
In these cases, it's generally a local ban rather than something that gets enforced on a federal level. Airline doesn't wanna deal with the marginal chance of having someone die on a flight from peanut allergy? Time to stop serving peanuts. It's not some big conspiracy to accommodate those with allergies; it's people in positions of responsibility who don't want to deal with the repercussions of not preemptively addressing a potential (and, importantly, known) problem.

If someone is severely affected or, as is often the case, dies because they weren't aware of an allergy, that's a legitimate case and not some "I was robbing his house and I slipped on his wet floor" lawsuit bullshit. And even if it wasn't, you gotta have some compassion.

dijon du jour posted:

Also what would even be the presidential equivalent of bacon toothpaste.
Ron Paul

Fur20 has a new favorite as of 04:18 on Aug 29, 2014

• Locked thread