Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

STERRRNNNN!!! Burnin's too good for him! Hangin's too good for him!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Grrl Anachronism posted:

What does this even mean?

Pretty sure it's some hate on gays, and the "them" in question is rainbows.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Buzkashi posted:

I'm really conflicted as to whether or not I want to know what "and MORE" means.

Well it's facebook, so it's Shemales AND half-formed political opinions AND troop-support memes.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

tallest crocodile posted:

I never had anything to share here til I started adding co-workers. One of them posts a mildly amusing picture:

Which generates a string of "hurr, hurr" comments until the girlfriend takes offense ("Sam" and "Phil" are both girls. "Phil" is the girlfriend and "Sam" is a mutual co-worker)

Don't know why the names change at the end there. Checked the girlfriend's profile and sure enough it's filled to the top with all kinds of possessive "back off my man" statuses and the like. Girl, if you have to work that hard...

Oh hey, I have one of those stubs. Says "Thor: The D". I had been saving it to make it a shirt or something.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

ToxicSlurpee posted:

...why. I mean, just...why? I post on neither site but from what I know of them this feels like an internet culture literally declaring war on itself. More importantly, how, pray tell, do they intend on destroying 4chan? Drowning it in poor grammar? Pretty sure 4chan already has plenty of stupid and an infinite capacity for more.

It's a little more than just gross things on popular tags, it's also a weird 4chan prank to impersonate SJW types and get them to agree with stupid bullshit that sounds like something they'd like. Last I read they had been uncovered as trying to get a hashtag activism campaign going under #endfathersday. But the upshot has been that now tumblr SJWs fervently believe that not only is anyone that disagrees with them even slightly is cis scum, but also probably a 4chan infiltrator.

theironjef has a new favorite as of 23:22 on Jul 6, 2014

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Picnic Princess posted:

Body-shaming thin people, insulting those who date thin people, AND comparing women to slabs of meat. Simply stellar job!

Still managed to work in a classic hourglass figure in the cartoon. Men don't need to be convinced to like big tits and asses strapped to small waistlines. Then again you can't see her legs, maybe they look like two Tetsuos down there with a bunch of those edema bags that look like strapped-on jackfruits.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

FrozenVent posted:

...no it's not.

Well, it was. That's the HMP Weare. It was a british prison hulk that was decomissioned and sold off in 2005. It's a floating dormitory for oil tanker workers now (and that's also what it was built for in the first place).

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Spalec posted:

Has anyone ever used the phrase 'Wake up' and not been spouting utter nonsensical paranoid conspiracy rantings? It seems to be overtaking 'I'm not racist/sexist/homophobic but....' as the catchphrase for idiots.

(Someone literally trying to wake a sleeping person can say Wake up all they like though, of course.)

All of my crazy friends end all their posts with ellipses, like I guess you're supposed to draw the same crazy conclusion they do. So it's a lot of "Well I know that whenever I observe chemtrails I feel a lot worse like an hour later, so..."

Can anyone else corroborate that paranoia and conspiracy lead to rampant ellipses?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Ambitious Spider posted:

People are having fun and raising money for charity. Stop being a curmudgeon. Same dude from "state police:0 Me:1" for those who are curious.

Eh, the higher-ups at my work are doing that today, they are unilaterally of the opinion that "you dump the water and you don't have to donate any money!" My CEO thinks it will raise awareness of our company.

Any though that they might be raising awareness can be dispelled by asking them what the ice bucket challenge is for, since when I tried that with them I got "ASL" "fun" and "raising money for charities" as answers.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Kit Walker posted:

Every man is Indiana Jones and every woman is the Ark of the Covenant.

Indy didn't want to open it. It would make every man Belloq.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

That doesn't work if you're not wearing a shirt.

It does if you're white, tan, red, yellow, or black.

Oh no wait, my dog's name is Bark Woofalo still. Guess this thing doesn't work.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Change Form's what? Change Form's diapers?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Change Form's Albert Einstein, obviously.

drat right. Energy can only change form's Albert Einstein. Wisdom for the ages.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Someone post the one of the guy who wants it to be "GOLBAT" because pokemon, and his subsequent being shut down for trying to move men to the front of the acronym.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

What it was just for company.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Wait, what the hell? You're supposed to treat gay people differently then straight ones? I'm...confused.

I assume that tiny tweet lacks the space to add stuff like "Straight people walk up to me and say 'Look upon this vast yield of pussy the land has given us my son, someday all this trim shall be yours. Acres of fresh snatch that all we men truly must enjoy, and this dripping bounty is my legacy to bequeath to you.'"

Instead of the assumed, which is "People walk up to me all the time and say 'hey, what is up?' and I can totally tell they're doing it in a straight way."

At least, I'd like to assume that. But idiots, social media, etc.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

There isn't anything weird about this, goddamn. I assume most people who aren't straight can relate to it. It's not like it's a post made out of rage, or even irritation, despite the use of the word. It's about being in awkward social situations.

Well, it makes light of the actual world's most irritated and useless secret agent, that guy that gives Inspector Gadget his assignments and then blows up shortly thereafter.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

moerketid posted:

Not that I need to but just gonna call bs. I am a feminist, but I was the only child of parents where my mother was deeply abusive of my father and I. We experienced a ton of legit and serious men's rights/fatherhood issues when social work and the law wanted to put me into my mother's custody despite her being an alcoholic drug addict, rather than my dad's when he was employed and working to keep us safe. I have a lot of sympathy for these genuine issues and have brought them up when discussing feminism/MRAs online - the response has ONLY been sympathetic towards the situation. I've also called, as an adult, a domestic abuse charity for advice and though they expressed some surprise at how "you usually always hear about this the other way around", again they were nothing but helpful - despite being primarily geared towards women. I've never encountered anyone anywhere who claims that domestic abuse towards men cannot exist - online or irl.

Well yeah, duh. Someone claiming to be a feminist on tumblr is about as realistic as someone claiming to be a black belt on tumblr. It's a big carnival game where you shoot invective at targets and the only reward is more invective. Actual support groups/feminists/black belts and so on are so much better as to be entirely different things.

theironjef has a new favorite as of 18:23 on Nov 19, 2014

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

davebo posted:

Oh yeah definitely, but I got the impression this was not a trans-woman but a cis-gendered male who was perfectly content being a male, but maybe I need more info on the details. Also trans-ethnic just makes me think of internet otherkin people who think they're dragons.

Dude's got it all figured out. Big old ocean of tumblr tail out there, he just figured out what the sharks should look like. Currently experiencing some good odds on scoring odd goods, I bet.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Mr E posted:

There's someone on my facebook defending Cosby over the frankly ridiculous amount of allegations against him. I realize "innocent until proven guilty", but I do think there's a point where there's enough proof (it's now and probably years ago).

Best response is generally to point out that someone is right, but they're an rear end in a top hat. :911:

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Henchman of Santa posted:

That's pretty innocuous but the person I saw share that was the same girl who shared this:

She must be pretty old if her generation dressed like that at one point but has since stopped. Maybe she's sick of mumus and sweatpants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

trapped mouse posted:

Tp be fair, I think this is the original ad:

No idea who changed it though! V:v:V

No please don't steal my flip phone and digital camera! It's 2006 and I have a lot of pictures of Hoobastank to take!

• Locked thread