Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FeastForCows
Oct 18, 2011
The loving double-jump not always working in God of War III. 90% of my deaths are related to this bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeastForCows
Oct 18, 2011
This is more of a "Irrationally Irritating Game Moment", because it doesn't really drag the game down for me, but the fact that the UI elements reset after dying/reloading in Neverwinter Nights can get annoying if you happen to run into a difficult fight. I have a compulsive need to readjust the chat window and the map settings each time before trying again, instead of just waiting to see if I actually survive.

FeastForCows
Oct 18, 2011

MisterBibs posted:

I didn't get very far into the first Dead Space due to the utter slowness of the character. I was getting annoyed with it but was assuming it was a case where you'd upgrade poo poo and go faster... never opened it again after my brother told me nope, that's the speed you always go at.

Did you know you can run in the game by holding a shoulder button (or the corresponding key) or was that still too slow for you?

Coincidentally I'm replaying Dead Space right now and what pisses me off is how inaccurate the foot-stomp is. I barely hit anything on first or second try. I think it's not even always the same foot, probably depending on the position of the camera.

FeastForCows
Oct 18, 2011
I grabbed Starcraft 2 last weekend since it's free now, and I have to be online in order to be able to play offline...fuuuck that noise. Sometimes my connection acts up and instead of putting in a quick match against the A.I., I spend the next 20 minutes rebooting my router and computer.

FeastForCows
Oct 18, 2011

Takezio posted:

Fffffffffffffuck the tourney racing bit in The Warble of a Smitten Knight. The controls are janky as hell, the camera does not want to cooperate, and Guillaime is a creepy little idiotic goon poo poo no matter how correct he actually is.

I don't remember having any kind of trouble with this part in Witcher 3, but you have awoken some long forgotten memory of the Mafia racing course bit that I had successfully suppressed until now.

FeastForCows
Oct 18, 2011
Replaying Dragon Age: Origins (Awakening right now, to be specific) and it's really starting to piss me off that every single loot in this game is just garbage. There's so many crates and chests and vases and weapon stands and all of them have just generic lovely starter gear in them. Sometimes I go out of my way for a specific chest that I see and LO AND BEHOLD it's another loving set of boots that was already underpowered when I started this game. Don't put the loving chest there if you're just gonna have garbage inside.

FeastForCows
Oct 18, 2011
The walking speed in Stardew Valley is literally dragging the game down, it takes too loving long to get anywhere. But this stupid game is too good to just stop playing because of it. I tried several mods already, but nothing seems to work permanently.

FeastForCows
Oct 18, 2011
I get a lot of enjoyment out of Heavy Rain from the atmosphere it creates with the rain and the music. Probably reminds me of Se7en.

A shame that only one episode of the planned DLC ever came out.

FeastForCows
Oct 18, 2011
Poltergeists in Prey. They don't pose a threat and are just a really annoying time waster. So far I haven't found any reliable way to kill them off besides "wait, shoot, repeat".

FeastForCows
Oct 18, 2011
Been playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and I like it a lot, but one thing that pisses me off to no end is some of the side quest design. I hate it when I go back to an NPC to finish up a quest and then he says "Oh thank you so much for bringing me that, but now I need this before I can do anything with it" and this can repeat a couple of times. Don't send me on a loving scavenger hunt for so many of these.

FeastForCows
Oct 18, 2011

Gann Jerrod posted:

The best is when you are halfway through a quest and they require a combination of skills that won’t be viable for at least 20 hours.

Don't even get me started on manually changing Blades for the field skills...

FeastForCows
Oct 18, 2011
The amount of animal cruelty in Last of Us II is starting to piss me off, it's such a lovely and cheap way of eliciting an emotional response. I was literally groaning at the scene with the Zebra (I'm guessing that was a Zebra). "Shoot the dogs". Ok, I get it. "Your horse loving explodes". Jeez man...at least they didn't show too much. "Shoot some more dogs and then find a Zebra tangled up in barbed wire". "FEEL BAD YET?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeastForCows
Oct 18, 2011
Played Dark Souls 3 and then DS1 Remastered back to back, and I really, really dislike the obscure NPC quest design. There's some cool little stories in there that the average person will never get to see in their entirety if they don't consult a guide or play the games several times. I know this is likely the intention behind it (people figuring stuff out together bla bla), but I find it very annoying. You somehow made it through half of an NPC's questline without a guide, but you didn't go back to the obscure location from the beginning of the game to talk to them again and make sure they get exactly 56% damage from a certain enemy there while playing flute in your underwear? Welp, time to go to YouTube and watch what could have been.