Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

pengun101 posted:

http://wccftech.com/review/watch-dogs-review-hacker-hoped/
first review.
apparently the multiplayer is kinda crap, but everything else is mostly alright.

Pretty sure this guy is reviewing the multiplayer beta build that has no single player content.

VarXX fucked around with this message at 00:17 on May 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Moartoast posted:

It looks like there was even a "Jam Coms" hack that he selected but didn't use, which is presumably used to interrupt calls in a more subtle manner than uh, slo-mo capping dudes in the face :v:

You can snatch phones out of peoples hands too.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Crappy Jack posted:

On the other hand, they've talked about how the game was held back so they could add more stuff going on under the hood, so it's not impossible that the game's spinning a lot of plates at once as far as reactivity and whatnot.

Of course, the fact that this game is also coming out for PS3 and 360 kinda puts a damper on all that; if there were missing features in the last-gen versions, surely we'd have heard about it by now.

The developers mentioned the last gen versions are missing a lot of animations and npc variety.

Here's the minimum requirements by the way

OS: Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1) or Windows 8 (Please note that we only support 64 bit OSs.)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 @ 2.66Ghz or AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.0Ghz
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: DirectX 11 graphics card with 1 GB Video RAM - Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 or AMD Radeon HD 5770
DirectX: Version 11
Hard Drive: 25 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card with Latest Drivers

VarXX fucked around with this message at 15:55 on May 19, 2014

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Gunder posted:

Way worse than AC4.

Edit: It hitches pretty hard when it loads new bits of the city while you're driving around. Does this regardless of graphics settings.

I have a pretty good system.

Do you have an Nvidia card? Try these drivers

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
edit: nvm

VarXX fucked around with this message at 04:00 on May 24, 2014

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Ataru13 posted:

Except according to the article changing the settings didn't actually do anything??

Welp. Missed that bit :(

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Gunder posted:

Is there any way to shoot out of a car? How are you meant to do the Criminal Convoy side missions otherwise? After you wreck them, they just get out the car and run. Chasing after them on foot means every other car in the convoy stops right next to you, everyone gets out, and then shoots you to gently caress.

You can't fire out of the car, but the convoys follow a set path that shows on your map that you can try to set up ambush points on. The other option is to chase after them and try to cause the main car to wreck and then just run him over.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Sandweed posted:

3. When getting hacked the circle that the hacker have to stay in shrinks over time, check in the middle first if he is on the edge he will have to move anyway.

The hacker never has to move actually. The radius only get's smaller for the person getting hacked as the radius is the actual location of the hacker. The hacker has his own radius he has to stand in that doesn't move.

Back Hack posted:

What's really weird is that Ubisoft's newest game engine (snowdrop, made for Ubi's other project; The Division) actually does absolutely everything that the Watchdog premiere revealed. It could be possible Watch Dog actually started off on a different build entirely.

That game is like 2 years away at this point and probably won't look like it's reveal either.

VarXX fucked around with this message at 09:03 on May 26, 2014

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Sandweed posted:

He doesn't have to move, but I've been invaded by a guy that started the hack and then ran to the edge of the circle to hide, when the circle shrank he had to move to get inside it again so I spotted him and lit him up.

That must have changed since the beta then. The circle would never shrink for the guy hacking.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
The PC version by default has crazy input lag with mouse and keyboard.
To fix this head over to My Documents\My Games\Watch_Dogs\<a bunch of numbers and letters that are your user id>\ and open GamerProfile in your text editor of choice. In the 9th line of the file, change Sensitivity="0.9" to Sensitivity="1.0" and Smoothness="1" to Smoothness="0" and it should fix it.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

WMain00 posted:

Don't think I can run this - it's unoptimized as poo poo. Welp, Xbox 360 version it is then :negative:

If you have an nvidia card, grab the drivers that came out today.

http://uk.download.nvidia.com/Windows/337.88/337.88-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql.exe

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

WMain00 posted:

Nah I checked that and there was only one winlogin.exe running and it's doing nothing. I'll do a scan of the PC.

Winlogin.exe is the bitcoin miner.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Don Lapre posted:

winlogin =/ winlogon

Yes I know. Winlogon.exe is the correct one. Winlogin is the miner.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
Apparently that's actually the store page for the season pass. They took the Watch Dogs store page down because they are having CD Key issues.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

GreenBuckanneer posted:

That's never the case though, it never mentions the dlc release but only the main game.

You're right, the buy button for Watch Dogs is actually gone and that's where the bubble is supposed to be above.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Behonkiss posted:

Sunk two hours into the game and am really enjoying it so far, but I have one thing I want to be sure about. The game does full autosaves a la Assassin's Creed and Far Cry frequently, right? I don't have to worry about manually saving by sleeping at a hideout every time I'm done, do I?

Correct.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

So on the PS4 does it only download the rest of the game when you finish the tutorial, or will it download everything if you leave it?

It will download everything even if you didn't open the game after it reached 3GB.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

ScienceAndMusic posted:

This was posted on April 1st.

So was the first blood dragon

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

5thMouseButton posted:

Hrm drat, one of the gameplay previews I watched had two groups fight over a decryption & it didn't look too bad. I hoped you could jump into a mode, be matched up & placed into a game more like a map in a standard CTF match.

That's how it works, but there's no standard death match or anything. Just Decryption, Racing, Invasions and Tailing as well as GTA4 style free roam which you can play like it's deathmatch.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Orv posted:

Nals and I were testing and they seem to have removed Team Decryption, it's all FFA, which is really a shame.

How many people were in the game? Because I think it only does FFA until you have a certain number of players

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
Was it ever up?

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
Is anyone else still getting "Ubisoft service is not available" whenever they try to do any of the multiplayer stuff on PC?

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Greyhawk posted:

So I didn't have any problems with stutters or the game freezing or anything. That is, until I just got invaded by a real person for the first time just now and the game basically instantly crawled to a halt.

Network affects your framerate so if you get stuck with someone from eastern europe it starts to stutter for a while until you both sync up. Had the same thing happen to me.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Harminoff posted:

How do I get an indash cam like this? I'm on ps3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhTmuayIJbQ

You can't on PS3 or 360.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Chappy posted:

How do you do it on the Xbox one?

Anyone tried the digital trips yet? I did the spider tank one and it was pretty fun.

Left on the Dpad.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Anatharon posted:

So is the game basically just 'Screed? I don't really like the AC series but if there's more to it then that I'll try it out sometime later.

Not really. I think there were maybe 2 or 3 tailing segments in the entire campaign and they were extremely easy because you could just use the cameras to follow them. It's really just GTA with hacking and Souls style multiplayer. I mean there's some assassin's creed inspired stuff like the ctOS towers but it's more a grab bag of things from every recent big ubisoft release in the last couple of years.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

kharaa posted:

Every single time. Every single time people are also moronic and run full speed towards you because there's no way you'd be looking behind you, right? :downs:

Is that just with the Blume guys? Because those are all NPC invasions.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

eXXon posted:

It looks really good in ultra quality for everything. Unfortunately it runs like utter dogshit too, even on a 280X with updated drivers. I turned pretty much everything down to high and temporal SMAA just to get it to not stutter constantly and lag for 1-2 full seconds at a time at night.

The keyboard+mouse controls are really loving irritating too. The mouse sensitivity fix posted all over the internet helps, but it's still not great. You can get used to the car handling, I guess, but the acceleration from 0-20 seems ridiculously good, even in cheap lovely cars. Also I just tried the psychedelic city trip thing and the strafing sensitivity is incredibly high, like you tap left or right once, lightly, and you go flying off way to the side.

Ultra runs poorly because you need a 4GB video card to run it (Having two 2GB cards running in SLI/Crossfire won't cut it either because only the VRAM on one card actually gets utilized) without stuttering due to the game using 3.5GB of VRAM at that point, otherwise the game starts to dip into your much slower system memory.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Palpek posted:

Are physics in this game really so bad that you can't dick around like you would in other open world games because you just drop through the map?

http://a.pomf.se/epwhqo.webm

http://a.pomf.se/cawqpj.webm

I've never managed to do any of these things ever in the retail version. It seems to show up in videos of the pirated copy a lot though

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Sigma-X posted:

There isn't anything even interesting happening in the second video, it's just got collision that is flattened on the train tracks so that you can drive up there without bumping on every single railroad tie?

He's stopping the trains on a dime whenever he gets in their line of sight. Whenever I try that they just run me over.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
You can still usually get away with just standing still in a crowd and just running when the crowd runs because odds are the person isn't looking directly at you and at first glance you're still going to look like any other NPC.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Pochoclo posted:

So is this game like GTA with the ability to hack stoplights and the police and the firetrucks and the city's infrastructure, can you be a super hacker rear end in a top hat sandbox mode or is it all railroaded into the missions?

You can do just about whatever you want by the 2nd or 3rd mission. There's just a couple side activities that don't unlock until later in the game. They don't have any parts of the city locked off or anything but there are ctOS centers that are locked through the plot that prevent you from hacking certain areas but you get most if not all of them unlocked by the end of the second act. You might be able to take them on if you know where they are without following the plot but I never tried it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

tehk posted:

Anyone else have extremely low audio? I checked all my levels in every panel and I am running the latest drivers, but unless I turn my DAC amp or speakers up to max it isnt playable.

It's bad for me too. I have to turn my speakers all the way up.

• Locked thread