Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

The Baron is gone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Deathwing Knights are a pretty good can opener. Not a lot of close combat can straight out wreck AV15, but they sure can.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

AbusePuppy posted:

It can't be the worst book in the game as long as Sisters are still around. :smith:

*not technically a book, more of a kidnapper's cut and paste ransom note demanding people keep buying overcosted supplementals or else their army gets squatted.*

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

ANAmal.net posted:

If you don't want to get a mess of superheavy walkers and Titans and play this game as 28mm BattleTech, get the gently caress out forever.

Go ahead and write rules for heat/ammo/damage tracking and get back to me.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

PeterWeller posted:

I like to imagine it's something akin to Ork lifta droppa technology- just a big tractor beam gun that sucks expended drop pods back up into the hold of the strike cruiser or battle barge.

That or legions of chapter serfs and servitors equipped with little more than picks and shovels have to go around digging them out of the craters they made and rolling them onto some sort of STC flatbed space truck.

Whatever the process is, I imagine it to be caked in ritual and involve excess risk. This is 40K after all. :v:

Gate of Infinity from space. Half the time they try they bring back demons.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Ghost Hand posted:

My LoTD ALWAYS deliver. I kit them out with Plasma Cannon, Plasma Rifle and Plasma Pistol on Sgt (along with Power Fist) and let them go to work. That Plasma Fire that ignores cover has caught many an opponent by surprise! Not to mention the fact that they can fire the Plasma Cannon on the round they deepstrike due to relentless from Slow and Purposeful. Then when they finally DO get assaulted or assault - they pretty much tarpit anything with that 3+ Invuln for a LONG time.

One of my favorite units to play with in all honesty... especially since I built mine out of older cheap marine parts and skulls I had laying around!

The flames paint up super fast - I even wrote a tutorial for how to do it right here:

http://theindependentcharacters.com/blog/?p=3150

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Aw, yeah, Matgash is back, wreckin up the place! Great poo poo, man!

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Improbable Lobster posted:

It's like a meat-pineapple

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

So I get this email from GW regarding Space Hulk:

Games Workshop posted:

Many of you have contacted us to say how frustrated you were that our US and Canadian webstores sold out so quickly. We listened, and we have good news!

We’ve managed to get our hands on a small number of copies, and we’ve decided to ship them to our warehouse in Memphis and make them available again for those of you who missed out.

We, the people who make this thing, managed to "get our hands on" a small number of copies of this thing we make, and "managed" to ship them to our primary US distribution hub for those who didn't but it earlier. Oh, you were just so frustrated with the stores being out! well, we managed to snag some of these for you! Go us! Good news! We listened. Give us a cookie and ten dollars.

Seriously, WTF is up with pretending to be a beleaguered retailer?

Fix fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Nov 19, 2014

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Perhaps yes, perhaps no. It's from the Shield of Baal, evidently.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Base creep. Infinity is suffering from it, too.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Vel posted:

Those mats look awesome but how much of a pain are they to paint?

Pretty easy to airbrush, then you just scumble on a bit of lighter colors and pick out any hard details. You just don't want to go heavy on anything in particular because it might crack when you roll the mat back up.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Hey guys, I'm not really keeping up on the thread lately, but wanted to drop in and say that if anyone is looking for one of those small plasma balls I used for a vortex marker and BuffaloChicken used for a void shield generator, I have a small stash of them that I'm willing to sell for less than you will find them elsewhere (my project decreased in scope quickly) and you can just drop me a PM if you are interested, yes? Yes!

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Quick question for the nid players: Zoanthropes manifesting Warp Blast on the turn they rolled out of a Tyrannocyte: legit?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Is there any appreciable difference between Formations found in data slate and the like, and Apocalyptic Formations as referred to in the apoc book? Like, do rules that refer to apoc formations work for formations that aren't in that book?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

ProfessorCurly posted:

Formations can be included in any game you want. Apocalypse Formations are for Apocalypse games only.

But as for an actual apoc game, rules referring to apocalyptic formations should work on regular data sheet formations as well?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

To what book/source would I look for the most recent Lifta Droppa rules?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Zark the Damned posted:

afaik the most recent (rubbish) rules are in the Dredd Mob pdf - http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/d/Dred_Mob.pdf

Thankyew.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Hey guys, I've not been following the game closely, but I just saw something that confused me.

Are there 2 Ad-Mech codexes or something? What's the story there?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Didn't the Skitarii one just come out? They seriously put out two books because they couldn't wait a couple months?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Hello gentlegoons. Selling some Nids over here. Probably another army or two as well.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

ghetto wormhole posted:

You know the game is in a sad state when even Fix is selling off stuff :(

Aw, I sold most of my armies a year ago. I've still got my Guard and two space marine armies and orks and grey knights and Eldar. I was just never a Nid guy, but picked this one up from a buddy.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

adventures in ebay: bought a firestorm redoubt

got everything but the base to one of the icarus lascannons

:suicide:

What do those look like again? I might have one laying about.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Yeah, I don't have one of those anyway.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Oh god.

It's happening again.

The urgessss!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU