Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Hey Post 9-11 User, do you have a list of the chaos stuff you have? Might be interested in some things, especially if you have DV cultists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
Any idea who makes these?

Found them on ebay. Plague Marine Obliterators. I'm assuming they are OOP bc there is no way whoever made them didn't get sued out the rear end

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

Two Feet From Bread posted:

Less than 1 hour until the WHFB/40k fire sale. Where the fire is you all shooting each other over man barbies!

Quick question before the sale starts, what version is the chaos lord on your excel list?

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

Kaysette posted:

37bux.png

AreYouFuckingKiddingMe.jpg

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
In all my years of playing I could never figure out if there is a reference table or some equation they use to figure out point costs from equipment, skills, stats, etc or if they just randomly choose numbers that sound good.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

Fix posted:

Hey guys, just a heads up: I have begun an SAMart selloff thread. Going to be unloading big lots of models at steadily decreasing prices. Starting with some space elves, but more on the way!

Doing any chaos at some point?

edit: Hey Post 9-11 User start driving west until you hit a small town called Chicago and let's get smashed and play warhams

Fake James fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jun 20, 2014

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
I have a ton of random models and bits (mostly chaos) I'm looking to sell, should I post them here or just wait until I have enough random junk ready for an SA-Mart thread?

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
Here's some junk I'm looking to get rid of, I'll make an SA-Mart thread later this afternoon with paypal info and stuff:

Album link lists prices, I don't even know if these are fair or a steal or whatever

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

SRM posted:

Can I call dibs on this guy? I dig this model.

For sure. I'll even throw in a 2nd ed SM sprue I found (shoulder pads and bolters), you'd probably get more use out of it than I can. I have a meeting to go now but when it's done I'll make the thread.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
Thread is up http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3649069

I marked the dibs people already called, have at duders. I'll probably have some more stuff later on in the month up there, I'm a terrible 40k hoarder so it's hard to let some of the stuff go even though I know I'll never use it :smith:

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

BULBASAUR posted:

What’s your email? I’ll walk you through it.

Can you PM me a guide as well?

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

Germ posted:

The entire warband of Morbus Maggotkin, Exalted of Nurgle. Put on my Necron display board (which will get a repaint in grey for the tournament) and squeezed into my lightbox (which is too small for the job).

:stare: god...drat. I came here to cross post a Death Guard squad I just finished (mostly, my cat had other plans so I need to fix some stuff) but I suddenly feel unworthy. Oh well, here goes:

Even though backpacks are my least favorite thing to paint, I'm pretty happy with how the champion's came out:

Rib cage shoulder pad is a little fresh:

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

TheChirurgeon posted:

NEW loving DEATH GUARD
https://spikeybits.com/2017/03/breaking-new-40k-death-guard-miniatures-spotted.html

e: Now with images for the lazy

also you know this poo poo is for Motarion

:sigh: I just started reading these threads again and was telling myself its still not a good idea to give GW money, but godddddddammmmmmit

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

Floppychop posted:

Hope they repost the video when it's done. I'm in a place where I can't listen.

iirc anything on Facebook Live will be saved automatically as a video that can be watched later

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
Yeah deffo 3rd/4th ed. I have a ton of those. Someday soon I'm going to post a picture of my bitz box and take requests for parts, i have probably at least 10 of each 3rd ed space marine and space wolf bit.

Fake James fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Apr 24, 2017

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
8th sounds good so far and I might give GW my money*

*jk my FLGS will get my money

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
I wouldn't be surprised if invulnerable saves will be something like "AP modifiers cannot bring the saving throw higher than X+". So like Gulliman would always roll a 3+ vs Lascannons maybe

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
The last time I bought a Codex they were fifteen fuckin' dollars

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

goose willis posted:

I feel physically ill

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
Any Chicagoons in here? Now that I'm no longer a perpetual suburbanite I'm curious if there is an FLGS where people meet up to play. I'm considering getting the 8th edition starter set and relearning this game. Haven't played since 3rd/4th, but I still have a 'uge unfinished Death Guard army that I'm starting to work on completing again.

I' also want to learn Shadow War, I tried doing it off the leaked rulebook but I think some parts were missing and my friends and I had a hard time with it.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

Zuul the Cat posted:

Completely agree. That cover is why I started Space Wolves.

Same here. I was so hyped when I saw that codex I bought some boxes and made a huge army. This was back when stores had the parts catalog so I bought a bunch of assault marine leg sprues to make my blood claws look like they were running, made wolf servitors for my iron priest, and decked out a Leman Russ Exterminator (or whichever variant it was) in runes and pelts.

Ended up cannibalizing the parts to make kitbashed death guard and sold most of the other figures though. After seeing what they became it seems to be the better choice.

BTW if anyone still plays wolves, I'll get a count when I get home from work but I still have a TON of 3rd ed Space Wolf bits - heads, helmets, some weapons, backpacks with capes, etc that I'd totally send out to people for the cost of shipping. They are just taking up space in my bitzbox.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
The other day I remembered learning 3rd edition on the floor of my brother's bedroom, and sometimes pouring through the rule book on long car trips with my family. Also remember buying my first models, a box of second edition space marines that I found in a shop in Lake Geneva, WI while on one of those said car trips.

One day my brother came home from hanging out with friends with the 3rd edition starter set and a bloody nose. He won the set in a competition this store did where you had to push a giant D20 with your nose around the store and whoever had the best time won the set. He won, got a bloody nose, and decided to build a blood angels army.

Oh, memories.

oh god im old and I thought I left this game behind a decade ago but goddamn it 8th will pull me back in fuckkkkk

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
They did say some models lost to psychic feedback, so I wouldn't be surprised if they'll have a rule where when you kill a synapse creature you have to take a morale check on all squads in range or something. I'd assume commissars will have something to lower the amount of casualties, like how you could execute a model to keep your guys from running in previous editions.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
the hell is MSU

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
Ah, gotcha thanks. It's been awhile since I've played so I forgot all the lingo

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

LingcodKilla posted:

I had a guy in my gaming group during 3rd model every goddamn model he could in the prone position. Dreadnoughts were redesigned like crabs. Those people are out there.

I really hope there will be a FAQ that just has a table of sizes and is like "If your opponent is a shithead, dreadnoughts are 4" tall, marines 2", etc. for the sake of sight"

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

gently caress yeah it does

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

gently caress yeah local 40K spergs.

Chicago goons where u at

seriously I want some tabletop buddies

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
I've been using dupli-color sandable primer as my primer. Is krylon better than that one? I noticed I usually need 2 coats of dupli-color for it to get an even full coat.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
Well this means that depending on enemy placement, it could make sense to hide infantry behind big tough targets now. Like ork boys advancing behind a morkanaut, guardsmen behind a leman russ, etc.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
On a side note I just started playing Eternal Crusade and eh. It needs more maps and a few tweaks but overall not horrible.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

The Bee posted:

There's enough room in the Tervigon for everyone, don't worry.

Now I'm imagining a very constipated Tervigon trying to poo poo out a Carnifex

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

berzerkmonkey posted:

GW has chosen to push the bad aspects of the Chaos gods in order to make them the bad guys of the universe - they used to have their "good" (or at least respectable) aspects as well.

Wasn't it originally that the chaos gods had a good/bad side to them (Khorne was the god of military honor AND slaughter) but something caused the warp to shift and make them go all in the bad parts? I thought I remembered something in the fluff about this.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
considering meltaguns are used to punch holes through tanks and fortifications, it makes sense that it can punch holes through tanks and fortifications

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

chutche2 posted:

Also, looks like battle cannons are better AT than lascannons despite what the article says about being worse than dedicated AT weapons.

How is it better? A battle cannon is D3 damage, a Lascannon is D6.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
I thought it is supposed to be D6 hits on a unit but you can only put 1 hit on each model? So you can hit 1-6 models in a squad and do D3 wounds to each, but against a single model it would deal 1 hit for D3 wounds? Or did I read the lst weapons article wrong?

edit: WHOOPS I read it wrong - "[a flamer] causes D6 hits that do not have to roll to hit, and this applies even against units of a single model"

Fake James fucked around with this message at 17:22 on May 10, 2017

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

SRM posted:

Hey all, I just released my Dawn of War III review if you want to check it out. I've got a lot of words to say about this game, and after hearing so much lazy (but justified) criticism of it, I wanted to put out something with a bit more substance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfyYDsXKGk4

Hey btw I started listening to Badcast after your mention about covering the Chaos gods and I love it. I never thought I would ever enjoy listening to a podcast about 40k, but here I am on episode 7 and looking forward to new episodes. More fanfiction readings plz

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
I like this and I like 8th edition

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
Well if you ignore them invalidating all books from past editions, and mix in some stuff I made up out of nowhere, you can see how 8th is a horrible horrible mess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

Zark the Damned posted:

Hey guys I found an album of big Marines - http://imgur.com/a/2pRXt - apparently their right elbows contain advanced gene seed.

These are probably the figures in the new box set. Looks like a few repeating poses here and there like past snap together kits.

• Locked thread