Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
What power doesn't do anything? Dominion, because it goes after the movement phase now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

How did they come up with that? The new terrain rules take up 6 pages by themselves.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

I just realized that Chaos Knights are finally a thing now.

7thBatallion posted:

I'm thinking of stripping some of my Tyranids and redoing them as such. http://whatcom.wsu.edu/ag/homehort/pest/tent_caterpillar_biology.htm
http://imageshack.com/a/img835/4851/u3oz.jpg
What do you guys think?

Every three or four months you come around and post about your pile of 2nd edition Nids and then never do anything other than buy more to throw in more boxes. No one cares about them.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Does the Emperor's Benediction make sense now?

Slimnoid posted:

So by that logic, Divination is only on CSM because of a single relic in a supplemental codex.

Seems reasonable. There's no real way to extrapolate rules from that chart otherwise.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

And they called the Killa Kan Stompy.

Fix posted:

Are they? Are knights not lumped in with forces of the imperium?
They are, but Come the Apocalypse is less harsh than 6th Edition's Desperate Allies.

Fix posted:

Why would you want a set of cards per player? I thought you weren't allowed to have duplicate objectives.
Each player can get each objective, I think. Oh I misunderstood.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Lord Twisted posted:

Also it should be a hard rule that you can't use that power without the models. If someone tried to do some 30 dice poo poo on me (not that I would play them) it's unacceptable to have a poo poo eating grin and put down grots or whatever the gently caress they think is an acceptable proxy.
Are you really that peeved by someone using proxies in a "let's test the upper limit" list two days after the edition drops?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Hencoe posted:

Is it just me or did Sisters not even get an FAQ?

I think the digital stuff gets the FAQs baked in, so you have to redownload it. Sorry pirateailures.

CyberLord XP posted:

Ha ha ha, why would you EVER take those? Knock 100 points off the price and we'll talk.

EDIT: Are there a bunch of bomb as special rules? Even so 230 points holy crap.

That's what we all said about the Wraithknight.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Lungboy posted:

The Eldar FAQ states that Psychic Pilots can generate powers from Daemononology in addition to the spell listed in their army entry. How does that work? It's ML1 so surely it doesn't get any additional spells?

You can give up Terrify to take a Daemonology spell.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Armies of the Imperium isn't a Faction, it's a group of Factions.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Just take a Grey Knights librarian, they'll be better at that.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Easiest way of determining it for multiple rolls is finding how likely it is to not get it and subtracting that from one.

Odds of getting Possession on ML1 is 1 - (5/6) = 1/6

Odds of getting Possession on ML2 is 1 - (5/6*4/5) = 1/3

Odds of getting Possession on ML3 is 1 - (5/6*4/5*3/4) = 1/2

Odds of getting at least one possession with 4 ML3s and 12 ML1s is 1 - ((1/2)^4*(5/6)^12). I'm on my phone so plug that into Google or something.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

I gave you the chances that any particular mastery level dude gets a particular power, so you know the chances for a Herald or a Wyrdvane or whatever.

To determine if any in a group of psykers get at least one particular power, you multiply the chances that they don't get the power together and subtract that from one.

Example, the chance that three ML2 psykers and one ML3 psyker get at least one possession is 1 - (1/2*1/2*1/2*5/6) or 43/48, or about 88 percent.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

She's wearing battle lingerie.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

PierreTheMime posted:

I'm just sitting at my desk refreshing the page about once a minute. I'm actually not leaving to go get lunch because I'm afraid I'll miss it and thus miss the precious 2-3 minute window before everything good is gone.

So hungry. :(

It says 5PM central in the post.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

If failed, the Navigator's unit is Pinned, but they don't Go to Ground.

Forgeworld, masters of the rules.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Someone invited him to a match of Necromunda - The Game Behind the Killings.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Ork bikes always gave a 4+ armor save.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Slaanesh

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

What in the world makes Grotsnik worth over 3x the cost of a Painboy? Name recognition?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

You guys are forgetting the biggest buff to Orks:

Access to Hammerhand

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

There are rumors that next week has a plastic Warboss that might also be intended to be the new Warboss from a story in the Codex.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

You can take as many detachments as you want. You can't split up the Ork Warband, however, as it is a detachment in of itself.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

DO IT TO IT posted:

So Kans now have their little morale rule, and Stompas give Fearless to all models within 6". If I have Kans near a Stompa do I not have to pay any attention to their new morale rule?

Nope, the only way to mitigate it is to have a Deff Dread nearby. Stompas and Naughts don't help. They killed Kans this edition; their Klaws are only S7.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Crosspost from the oath thread, I converted Reaper Bones Wyrmgear into a Black Legion Maulerfiend:

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

24 players in 3 games should leave 3 undefeated players. Can't all be first place.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Here's basically everything about the Sanctus Reach:

http://pinsofwar.com/the-sanctus-reach-mystery-and-what-it-means-for-orks-space-wolves/

There's also this model of Warboss Grukk that's not mentioned:

MasterSlowPoke fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jun 30, 2014

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Zark the Damned posted:

Nah, that's a random Bad Moon boss and Ghaz. Grukk is a Goff.

It;s Grukk, they just painted him yellow.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

eBay, even when Battlewagon Bitz was around eBay was the better choice.

SRM posted:

I found this today - it's a forum post archiving pretty much every 40k release along with who sculpted it. I just wish it was a wiki or something searchable instead of a wall of text forum post:
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?297915-Games-Workshop-40K-Release-Timeline-(Mk-II
Wow, it's been a year since GW has gone 100% plastic for their releases (aside from LOTR, as those have probably been in the pipe forever).

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

MisterShine posted:

Ok, I've got an force org question:

I've got IA8, with the Dread Mob Army list in it. Are the FW army lists supplements or are they their own codexes? Can I take formations from Waaagh Ghazghkull or do I have to have an allied Ork detachment that can THEN take formations?

Trying to be battle bound or whatever the gently caress is getting confusing. Also Lords of War are in the normal force org now? Do they still give out VP for hurting them like in 6th?

IA army lists are like codexes. Army list creation is actually rather simple, just different from how it worked before.

• You can take any number of detachments, whether they are a Combined Arms Detachment (the standard Force Org with one Fortification and one Lord of War slot, abbreviated CAD), Allied Detachment (works the same as in 6th), a Formation, an Ork Horde Detachment, and any other kind of Detachments, like an Inquisitorial or Knight detachment.
  • A detachment will have a single Faction, such as Ork, Chaos Space Marines, or Dark Eldar. You can mix and match any and all Factions, with the caveat that
  • Detachments will interact with each other according to the Allies Chart.
  • Your warlord can be any Character in any slot from any of the Detachments, aside from an Allied Detachment. The Detachment your Warlord is in is the Primary Detachment. If you don't have any characters your Warlord can be any model, but it won't have a Trait.

For example, you army can have a CAD with the Faction of Necrons, and a Bully Boyz formation from Waaagh! Ghazghkull, with the Faction of Orks. You can make the Warlord one of the Necron models, in which case it will reroll it's trait due to the CAD's Ideal Mission Commander rule. You could also choose one of the Bully Boyz squad leaders to be the Warlord, which will not be able to reroll the trait. The Necron CAD's troops will still have Objective Secured regardless.

You can make an entire army of Formations, if you want.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

The divine retribution of the Emperor.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

DJ Dizzy posted:

This I can live with. The rest is cheesy, minmaxy, beardy poo poo that shouldn't ever have made the presses. :colbert: :rolldice:

Yeah, a bunch of unwashed cultists worshipping an unholy relic of the dark gods doesn't belong in a Word Bearers list. They're also noted for their extreme hatred of defensive structures. What's wrong with you?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Formations own and I'm glad they're finally here.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

We barely know anything about it, but Orks own, Knights (especially Garantius) own, IG owns, Formations own, and Planetstrike owns, so it's looking positive. Just wish it was 35 dollars or something.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

The only formation we know anything about has 7 Russes and a Hydra, so be happy!

Raphus C posted:

Heavy Support is the problem now that Lootas are no longer elite. Wagons are going to be at an increasing premium if you need to mech up. You can take BW with Mega-Nobz and hide trukks behind them for a turn or two.

Take the formation with 5 Wagons and get plenty of HS slots and a free Scout move!

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

TsarZiedonis posted:

Does anybody know what the Imperial Guard formations are like?

I have 9 Leaman Russes that would love a formation!

Actually, I lied! I just read this week's White Dwarf and there's the formation that's perfect for you!

The Steel Host

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Blasts only need the possibility of a reroll to be rerolled, so it's not quite as cut and dry. It's a big dumb question that I really hoped 7th would solve. There's no good answer and it's best to leave it at that. There's ten page threads on Dakka if you want to read more.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Here's the stupid Dakka thread you all meant to post in:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/599910.page

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

I don't think it's a new starter. It looks like it's a box set with two forces, like a two player Battleforce? People have been asking for that for year.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

SRM you totally have to enter that into Armies on Parade. Are they even doing Armies on Parade this year? I actually live near a GW store for once...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Where does someone go to buy ebook versions of the White Dwarf magazine? Not iBooks, but the ePub/mobi versions?

edit: http://www.blacklibrary.com/whitedwarf I don't know why that took me so long to find.

MasterSlowPoke fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jul 7, 2014

• Locked thread