Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
Optimization got way better over the last couple of patches, I've found. In closed beta I ran at like 20-25fps most of the time, now I'm at 60 on higher settings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Game was working perfectly up until the last patch and now I get memory overflows every 10 minutes. :smithicide:

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Minsky posted:

I don't know much about paths but I hear you can buy different hats for the scientist scanbot that follows you around so that's the one I'm picking.

I still have no idea about which class though!

Edit:

Why can't I give my engineer bots this hat? :argh:

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Pwnstar posted:

You can rename the Scientist bot but not Engineer bots, get on this poo poo Carbine.

I don't care about any skills being retuned, first thing engineer needs is to be able to customise and rename their bots. Everything else with the class go on the backburner for all I care.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

What level do you have to be to get your path costumes?

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Bogwitt posted:

Yeah, Wildstar has some major memory leak issues right now - I was getting these crashes a lot. What worked for me is reloading the UI every 15-30mins - stopped the crashes and I think I played like 6 hours without incident. I don't know anything about addons but as far as I can tell the default Carbine ones are the culprits - the options menu and target frames build up a gigantic memory usage so until they fix that, reloading the UI to reset them is the only fix I've found.

Adding to this, I got major memory leaks every 5-10 minutes suddenly a few patches ago while I was playing in borderless windowed mode. Playing in full screen resolved that, I haven't tried reloading the UI at all but I'm usually able to stay stable for 2-3 hours at a time. Might help some folks.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Pressing alt again when you tab back in should fix that. At least it does for me.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Sounds like you need to get a mechanical keyboard!

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

And an adorable bakerboy hat :allears:

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

PaganGoatPants posted:

Settler armor looks like complete poo poo compared to the rest. :negative:

At least have a hardhat or something.

Wear your bakerboy with pride. :colbert:

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Just noticed EU peeps get free realm transfers now. Get ready for more polls guys :shepface:

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

At level 15 I had like 3 gold on hand, buying nothing but skills and just going back to town to ressurrect when I died instead of paying to come back on the spot. Then about halfway through 16 I noticed I had like 12 gold so I suppose quest rewards suddenly shot up around that level. :shrug:

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

AttackBacon posted:

Then again, the Chua, so who knows.

Mondo Zax posted:

Mondo not evil, science evil! Mondo just scientist!

:science:

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Are all housing plugs 1-week only, or just the gathering ones? I want to get nice things for my space house but I already spent enough money on putting things inside my house today, let alone outside it.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

I want to be able to put a bank box in my house and an auctioneer bot so I never have to leave my dingy little chua shack except to kill things.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Gerdalti posted:

I'm level 14 now, and I want to armor smith, but I only have 3 gold and want to buy a mount next level. What am I missing?

I had 2g at level 14 and then around level 16 I had 12g just from questing. Quest rewards should pick up soon. I also vendored all the gear I got but wasn't going to use, so that helped.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

What do you guys do when you have to make stairs for your housing? Manually resizing each step and sticking it into the right alignment seems an awful lot of effort.
I just used some boxes and guttering to create a makeshift stairway since it fit in with the scrapheap aesthetic I wanted for my Chua's house.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

I haven't seen nearly enough pillow forts in goon houses. You guys really need to get on that. :colbert:

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

I've been attacked twice, both times by stalkers. The first time was when I was fighting a pack of mobs and a friendly pubbie medic came over and helped me out. :3:
The other time was some stalker who kept trying to kill people around the squirg zombie area in Whitefall and just ran away if a fight wasn't going his way. He stopped trying that after I put my bruiser bot away for the diminisher bot and snared him before he could run.

All the other times, I've been passed by even when there were multiple exiles around and I wouldn't have been able to run, much less fight.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Light armor gets so many nice looking options to wear compared to the other types. :argh:
My Chua will never be wearing heavy armor in his armor slots because all high end heavy armor makes Chua look like the wrestlers from Sumotori Dreams.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

I sincerely hope that when they add warrior to the playable classes for Chua, the sword is at least twice as big as my character when it's drawn. Engineer guns are already as big as me and those swords are massive.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Thumbtacks posted:

Esper is pretty fun, actually. I want the Imperial Soldier uniform though, that looks neat. I'll get it eventually, I suppose.

I know someone mentioned you can xmog gear. Can you only xmog gear you can wear, or could espers/spellslingers xmog really heavy armor (for some dumb reason)?

Any class can wear any kind of armor in their costume slots, so yes, you can have your space wizards wearing heavy armor or engineers and warriors wearing dresses and hoodies.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

I hope everyone got their name reservations for future characters done today, since the 2 week grace period on character names passed. I want a Goku on every server and Jesus as far as the eye can see.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Is there an easily available Duster or cowboy hat? I refuse to make a spellslinger without one.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Every time somebody says the Exiles are good guys I just point them to the Mordesh and their angst-fueled genocide quest :godwin:

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Bruceski posted:

Tried PVP for the first time tonight. Is there a trick for engineers, or since all our stuff is really telegraphed should I just look for other scrums to lob AoE into?

I tried out DPS engineer a couple times in BGs but it seemed largely whatever. Tried a support build, maximised my survivability and threw on every attack I could that had some annoying lingering effect. Snares, taunts, stuns, blinds, interrupts, blunders, and both the diminisherbot and repairbot. I just wade into the largest crowd I can find, go all :pcgaming: and watch as neither I nor anybody else on my team take any meaningful damage for the entire fight. Sure, I finish the BG with some pretty low damage and usually the lowest kills but I am more often than not the king of assists and most damage taken with fewest amount of deaths, I never die more than a couple times at most and half the time I stay alive for the entire match.

I don't think I can ever go back. :pcgaming:

Metrohunter fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Jul 7, 2014

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Bruceski posted:

Got a movelist? I'm still learning what I have at my disposal. I've currently switched from my default PvE stuff to:
Mortar Strike -- gonna switch this for Electrocute or Bolt Caster. It would be a nice burst AoE ability if it weren't bugged, but it seems to go right through enemies instead of exploding on them.
Unstable Anomaly -- Instant, AoE, debuffs healing, pretty much a no-brainer.
Quick Burst -- solid instant damage when it procs, but I'm not sure I'm happy with it for my current crit rate (14%). It's rare enough that it takes me by surprise when it pops.
Bio Shell -- Good damage/debuff, and instant in another level when I can 4-point it.

Shock Pulse
Zap
Urgent Withdrawl -- between these three I can really make sure anyone trying to get from point A to point B has a bad day if they don't stop to kill me first. I just need to stop hitting UW by reflex when I'm carrying a mask.

With this setup I tend to guard our mask room, even if a Stalker grabs one before I can jump them, I can slow them down while others show up. A more defensive/AoE moveset would probably work better on the other PvP map.

I'm level 50 so YMMV if you're lower level, but I run Unsteady Miasma, T8 Ricochet, Shock Pulse, Zap, T8 Diminisherbot, Repairbot, Code Red and Obstruct Vision.
Both of my builders snare, diminisherbot has its own snare and a pull effect, and then between Code Red, Obstruct Vision and Unsteady Miasma, I can severely diminish outgoing damage of any enemies around me.
And to top it off, Zap and Repairbot to top off your own and ally's shields.

I do play around with the points in this build frequently, I also toy around with T4 Shock Pulse and throw in Particle Ejector in there somewhere so I can throw Shock Pulse around more often.

Metrohunter fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Jul 7, 2014

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

FuSchnick posted:

They just said the next dungeon in PTR is going to be a game show theme run by Protostar. That sounds pretty awesome.

(still wish they would prioritize fixing existing bugs more though)

God yes, I was hoping for this since I stepped into the first Protostar quest hub :fap:

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

The EU guild is reasonably active and is running 50s content daily. I'd like to play more but my connection has been awful lately. :(

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

I believe the issue with that was that the best PvE gear also ended up being the best PvP gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

PaganGoatPants posted:

On my second character I've been paying much more attention to the lore and it's not bad actually. It's entertaining enough. Not a big fan of THE STRAIN generic plague stuff though.

I just put it all down as phazon from the Metroid Prime series, dressed my Chua up like a Galactic Federation marine, and called it a day. I can pretend Drusera is a Chozo ghost or something and whenever Carbine add in engineer bot customisation I'll just name one of them Samus and carry on with the story in my own head instead. :words:

• Locked thread