Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
I've been thinking about finally starting the hard songs, but after needing 27 straight tries to get Full Combo on Oh,Love&Peace Normal, I think I'll just stick with normal for the time being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

PrinnySquadron posted:

ID: 667411233

I've used PrinnyCap since PrinnySquad was too long :effort: Pretty neat for a rythm game though I've yet to get above a C ranking yet.

You'll find that the point ranking is very much dependent on the stats of your idols. Even with a completely perfect run you might not score above C or B if your idols have poor stats in the song's attribute (Smile, Pure or Cool).

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Being 1 Good from getting Full Combo on Oh,Love&Peace Hard breaks my heart. After very many retries it doesn't seem to be doing wonders for my hands either. I really wish mobile gaming wasn't the most unergonomic thing ever.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Yeah, 11 card draw gets you an instant gem. Actually I think it can get you two since I seem to recall the "free" draw adding a star to the meter, so if you were 1 star from getting a free heart gem you'd get 1 gem from the 10 draws and another for finishing the last star. I might have been hallucinating though.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

Have you checked out Other > Settings > Adjust Timing? It is literally what saved the game for me. Also try setting your phone or tablet on a table and use your other fingers if you're using thumbs right now, it's what all the pro leet EX Mode Full Combo masters dooooo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuZkTABZmNo

I tried the timing adjustment and it either went to 0 or 50 with no in betweens. The timing doesn't seem off for me normally though; I just can't stop messing up at a crucial moment. Not using my thumbs but I might try the table thing.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I'd say it's the other way around. I've never watched the anime but I expect that anyone hoping for a dating sim with the odd rythm game playing in between will be sorely disappointed. That said it's a mobile game; gameplay wise it doesn't get anywhere close to the DDR games or Hatsume Miku games or what have you (and doesn't make for good screen shots).

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

IDOLA posted:

gently caress Mermaid Festa on Hard. That is all.

Yeah, it took me a long time to get that down. The sudden shifts in rhythm are hard to get used to.

Well, "get down" might be an exaggeration, I'm still at A rank score and only C combo :shepicide:

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I caved in and went with the table+2 hands for playing the event song on hard. Which, while still not letting me Full Combo it by any stretch of the imagination at least lets me not lose every 2-3 attempts. Looking down at the phone is making my neck hurt after a while though, so I'll probably go back to playing it with the phone at eye-level afterwards.

Also, the 6 star difficulty is bullshit and I wonder what kind of metric they use to decide song difficulty. It's way harder than any of the regular 8 star songs. Might have something to do with the hardest section being full of those drat star circles.

By the way, what is the cap on friend points? PAD caps at 10.000, but I'm at 14.000 or something at the moment in this game and I'm wondering if there will ever be an event for better drops using FP like PAD has.

AG3 fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Jun 1, 2014

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Like PAD, feeding cards that are the same color as the target gives extra exp (but only 20% in SIF). Unlike PAD, the gold cost doesn't seem to be decided by the target's level, but rather the level (and rarity I think) of the card used as fodder. As such it doesn't seem to matter whether you feed one card at a time as you get them or a bunch at once. If you've used one of the cards you might want to make sure that the one that has accumulated bond is being the recipient since I don't think that would transfer if it was used as fodder.

It seems pretty straight forward, though it's quite possible I'm missing something.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
The game has some intermittent crashing that annoys me. Except for one instance though it's only happened on the menu and thus didn't cost me any LP, the one time it did I was just trying to spend the last 6 I had left on a normal. Other than that it seems that the score screen for the event that pops up after each Live stage goes dark before any of the scores are shown so I have no idea how the scoring on normal stages work for the event. Could just be my phone though; if the PAD thread is anything to go by crashing and bugs can be very phone specific since I never had any issues with PAD while several others did.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

PrinnySquadron posted:

The ffect when an URs skill activates is super distracting.

This is the reason I'm not convinced that leveling up skills with duplicate cards is worth it. Having an even greater chance of having the view of almost the entire game field blocked every 10 seconds, 15 perfects, 17 combos, 20 targets and combinations of such just seems like a bad tradeoff for an extra 25 points. Especially since the skill effects tend to match the color of the card, which matches the color of the circles. The constant effect spam when you get "lucky" on some if the harder songs has cost me more full combos than I like.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

I'm a bit confused by this post because Other > Settings > Live Show Pop-ups OFF is a thing. A lot of people trying to full Perfect combo do it that way.

Doing this next time I play. Maybe I can actually Full Combo the rest of the hard songs now.

Also wait you can level up card skills with dupes? :stare: I need to fuse my Rs more carefully.

Yeah. I'm not sure if the card has to be duplicate or if it's enough that the skill name is the same, but I've only tried it with duplicates. The first level up seems more or less guaranteed, the second one less so, and for the third one and onwards the skill up chance seems to drop like a rock.

AG3 fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jun 4, 2014

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

It's still not a huge deal compared to simply building stats on SRs and URs but now you can get interrupted even more often by your R cards doing their cut-in animations if you haven't turned them off yet!

New event in a little less than 13 hours, if you feel like getting the poo poo annoyed out of you by a single song again :toot:

I'd say the exception is the skill that turns all good and great hits into perfects for a certain amount of time. 3 cards with that (with different trigger condition) can make a huge difference on some of the harder songs, since it can save you from dropping a combo quite often. The downside is that it can also mess up your muscle memory since you risk getting used to the wrong timings. The new Umi UR card looks great for that. Every 9 seconds there's a chance of a 5 second (I think) reward lock.

Also, yeah, having a lot of my cards at level 3-4 was what finally made me turn off the cut-in animations. Trying to do Wild Stars on hard with the constant screen covering was just hopeless. As for the next event, hopefully it'll be less annoying than the drat macarons, or at least have a better event song.

AG3 fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jun 17, 2014

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
They are definitely easier than "Wild Stars" and "Bokura wa Ima no Naka de" were. I think the latter took me 80 tries to full combo because I just could not stop messing up a single combo somewhere in the easier sections. By comparison Kitto Seishun took me 8 tries and Kaguya around 18-20.

By the way, how do you play the extreme versions of the event songs? Do you have to beat hard 100 times or something? Because gently caress grinding that many macarons/bunny ears/whatever comes up next.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I didn't get to play the one that was up yesterday, but the one today gave me one gem for beating all 3 difficulties, and another for getting A rank (fell just short of S), and another one if I can get S.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Holy poo poo, Soldier Game on Hard is... yeah, pretty hard. The song that was on yesterday was a cakewalk by comparison. The 25 LP cost doesn't help either.

AG3 fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jul 2, 2014

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Still can't complete Soldier Game hard, which is a shame since the daily songs are great for event badges as you can get 26 instead of 16 per song, saving a lot of time. Also found a vid of someone playing it on expert, and yeah, I can't see myself doing this on a tablet let alone the phone I'm using: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=angT6mcyQhI

From the looks of it I'll probably skip the expert songs altogether when they are introduced in the English version.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Ah, right. The event score screen always goes black for me so I can never see how many points or badges I get.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I only had time to try the first one, took me two tries to complete it. It was surprisingly manageable, although that's because the only expert song I've seen before was the Youtube video of Soldier Game, and that was apparently very much in a league of its own (kind of like the hard version I guess).

I'm just happy that it was doable with one hand, since that means I can play with the phone at eye level instead of on the table with ensuing neck cramps.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
The best I've managed with Yuujo No-Change EX is 9 Good with a max combo of 187, and that's with 3 Perfect Lock too. It's going to be a long time before that's a full combo.

I think what annoys me the most about failing songs is that more often than not I can learn to manage the hard parts but can't for the life of me stop making small timing mistakes on random easy/normal parts and end up breaking combos.

AG3 fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Jul 19, 2014

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Wow, Love Marginal has to be the easiest event song yet, and probably one of the easiest songs in general on Hard. The tempo is on the slower side for Hard and apart from the alternating left/right hold segments I still tend to mistime there's no tricky parts to the song at all.

*Edit*

Actually I'm not sure about the speed part. I've been mostly playing EX Natsuiro Egao de 1,2 Jump! today so I might have forgotten what regular Hard speed is like.

AG3 fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jul 21, 2014

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Idolized UR :magical:

Now that I've overcome the Yuujou No-Change nightmare, I'm finding Natsuiro EX to be a lot more fun than the former song despite it being rated ten stars. Even the transition to the chorus that looks like a wall of rings flying at you is just a series of left-right alternating sixteenth notes.

I still can't do that wall properly (should try table + two hands I guess), but the rest of the song is manageable and while I doubt I'll ever Full Combo it I have no problems getting all the event hearts at least. It's also fairly fun and despite the rating way easier than Soldier Game on Hard and somewhat easier than Yuujo No-Change.

Also seeing that picture reminds me that I'm upset about not getting the second event Nico card because I dropped from ~700 to ~1100 in the last 8-10 hours of the event (which incidentally is when I sleep). I don't suppose they'll ever be possible to get with Friend points instead of Love gems. I have like 120.000 friend points now because spending it all seems like an enormous amount of busywork for no real gain since I don't really need the exp or money from the cards. Here's hoping it'll be good for something other than creating fodder someday (and padding the album, I guess).

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Snow Halation posted:

I've learned not to go to sleep until the event ends (3am here on the West Coast.)

I'm in Europe and I'd probably get angry stares from my coworkers if I spent the first 2 hours of work tapping my phone :v: (then falling asleep at my desk afterwards).

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I've resigned myself to never full-comboing any of the EX songs (was 3 good and a miss away from doing it on Natsuiro), but at least they are fun and a good source of exp and event badges.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

If it makes you feel better, I've passed 100 and still haven't gotten more than a B :v:

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Gah, so close. I should stop stubbornly using just one hand since it'll just make it harder to complete the coming EX songs that will have even higher difficulty, but when I've gotten this far it feels like I'm giving up if I do that.

The only song I've done with both hands was Happy Holiday due to all the bomb icons around the halfway point causing me to lose 1/3 of my attempts.

AG3 fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Jul 31, 2014

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
My Snow Halation runs ends half the time with my stamina bar pulsing red, one third in the green and the last third in utter failure. I don't play it much though because the constant events makes me stick to runs I can do better for maximum event badge efficiency, so I haven't really gotten much practice at it.

I was surprised at how easy Wonder Zone was on hard. It only took me 4 tries to full combo, versus 15-40 for most of the later hard songs. I still drop the combo sometimes though because I forget the sudden slowdown in rythm that pops up every so often and tap way too early.

AG3 fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Aug 6, 2014

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I've managed to full combo Baby Maybe, but the Aishiteru Banzai full combo is still eluding me with only a B rating after 19 attempts. I agree there aren't any BS parts in either of them, so it's just a matter of lucking out with Locks or, well, just stop messing up on random parts for a whole attempt. That's what bothers me the most really; it's not particularly hard but I still cannot stop making random mistakes that break the combo.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
That is some godlike hand-eye coordination skills going on there.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

ReidRansom posted:

:negative:

Like half a dozen times. And always in a different place. :sigh:

I know that one all too well. At this rate I'm never full-comboing that song before it goes away.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

ReidRansom posted:

New EXs not so so bad.

And playing Sweet & Sweet Holiday again I can't believe I had so much trouble with it way back in the first event.

Same. I struggled a ton with it and failed probably 1/3 of the attempts I had on it back then, but when replaying it now it took me 2 tries to S-combo it. I'm still not sure if they made it easier or if I really was just that bad at the simultaneous star rings back then.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
The amount of money I've spent on PAD is something I'd very much like to forget...

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I wasted way too much LP trying to clear Kitto Seishun EX before I realised that maybe, just maybe, it might be an idea to actually use all those green stamina restore cards instead of 1 skill lock + 8 score increase cards when trying to learn the song :suicide:

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
All I know is that my attempts rarely have more than 1 other human player and the AI benchwarmers keep sniping the first places with landslide victories despite being miles away from a full combo :v:

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

beaner69 posted:

I'm already loving this event! I love multiplayer. It's like with CoD ffa but with anime girls.

Except it's full of bots using 360 noscope aimhacks :v:

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

beaner69 posted:

I haven't gotten any freezing on my note 3 although once every 2 or so days the notes will "rewind" for like a millisecond. It seems like this event chooses the same 3 songs which gets boring, and drat its 25000 points for a Maki card.

My Galaxy S3 sometimes get that sudden note rewind too, but it's fairly rare (still infuriating though). As for songs, to me it seems there are 6 or 7 of them in the event rotation which is a bit repetitive, especially when you get the same song 2-3 times in a row.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

beaner69 posted:

It'd be nice if they didnt make me play Start Dash like 10 times in a row.

Yeah, I liked Start:Dash a lot better before this event made me play it ad infinitum. This event seriously needs a bigger pool of songs.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

beaner69 posted:

Oh, hey Start Dash isn't being picked 10 times in a row anymore! Now it's No Brand Girls :(

No Brand Girls is probably the song I've gotten the least. The ones I've gotten the most are Start Dash and Kaguya no Shiro de.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Oh my god, Baby Maybe Koi no Button on hard is almost unbearably slow after having played the EX version so many times. There's such a disconnect between my muscle memory and what actually shows up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

ReidRansom posted:

I've got this awful feeling that I'm going to wake up having dropped 700+ places to below 1000.

I second that. I dropped 400 places just in the time I got home from work and until I went to bed. I don't know if people just REALLY want this card or if this is how all events will go from now on, but if it's the latter this is going to be the last even I even bother trying.

*Edit*

Yep, from ~400 to 1175 in just a couple of hours. poo poo's getting real in the finger-tambourine community :v:

AG3 fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Oct 15, 2014

• Locked thread