Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Psych. I hate that loving song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Zaggitz posted:

Sometimes, extremely very rarely, at the dawn of a blue moon, when a pig flies and an angel gets its wings, sometimes I see why BrooklynBruiser had a vendetta against you.

He really did. It was pretty extreme too for a while, he would send me angry PM's and everything.

I get why people would like that opening though, unlike say, The Mindy Project's. Though I just dislike that show in general.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Austrian mook posted:

Breaking Bad has a really good opening theme

The music is good, but the actual credits always looked cheap to me. Especially the title wipe with the smoke.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Chamberk posted:

I've been watching House on Netflix, and since they didn't get the rights to the Massive Attack song that was in their credits for network airing, there's some random other Massive-Attack-sounding composition for the opening credits. Now I'm used to that and would probably find the Massive Attack credits weird if I heard them.

hope and vaseline posted:

Haha speaking of Netflix streaming openings where they couldn't get the rights to the songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjql5bkkL5E

HEY HEY HEY YEAH

Both of these are the versions I know. House and Dawson's Creek in the UK have always had different opening music. I always knew Dawson's Creek was different, but I had no idea until now that House wasn't the original.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Lots of shows do lots of stuff as well as Breaking Bad and some even do it better. Given the list of shows you haven't watched it sounds more like the problem is you not watching enough good TV, rather than enough good TV not existing. You'll be fine.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

SuperMechaGodzilla is loving amazing. It's ProfessorClumsy who's the idiot. The former looks at 2005 War of the Worlds and talks about how its lack of proper focus symbolizes the incomprehensible nature of the Holocaust. The latter sees building explode and shouts about 9/11.

You and me have had our differences but I agree with you on this. That forum was the worst it's ever been with that guy modding it.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

VagueRant posted:

Ugh. She was incredibly sexy on Legit and now you guys have permanently ruined that for me. :(

Listening to Comedy Bang Bang has made me hate Adam Scott so much.

Why? Is he a prick? :(

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

hcreight posted:

Also Fred Armisen got nominated for Portlandia but like likes of Nick Offerman are still shut out. Incoming TVIV implosion in 5...4...3..2...

I'm more surprised there's no been outrage over everyone's favourite Orphan not being nominated for the amazing talent of being able to act multiple characters at an acceptable level of talent.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Bown posted:

Well deserved too. I find it so weird there were people who hated Wiig in that show. I think I nominated her in the TVIV Awards as well.

In my defense I've hated her in everything.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

zoux posted:

As well as everyone and everything ever.

Exactly. At least I'm consistent. I've no idea what's going on with Joe these days.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Maxwell Lord posted:

Basically, with Brooklyn 99's snub, the Emmys now have less credibility than the Golden Globes.

Think about what that means.

gently caress all?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Irish Joe posted:

Who would you even nominate for B99 besides Andre Braugher?

The annoying receptionist seems like one of those actresses that is bafflingly popular so probably her.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

We're we expecting it not to suck? I thought the fact they started advertising it a month before it aired, had picked up when better networks passed on it and that the books are a lovely source meant we weren't excited about it? I guess Corey Stoll is awesome, but he's talent on House of Cards was being the bleeding heart you fell in love with, that hardly translates to me wanting to see him slay vampires or have a protracted custody battle.

Also, GDT couldn't make Pacific Rim look good on a blockbuster budget so...

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Mu Zeta posted:

I was expecting it to be good because Fargo and The Americans are great.

Oh, I learned not to view network as a mark of quality when AMC started shifting the bed and NBC made Hannibal. Network barely means poo poo these days quality wise.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Mu Zeta posted:

Mostly I just wanted to post that picture

I hate living up to my reputation but I always thought the crappy Photoshop work stopped that image from being genuinely gross.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

The main problem with Del Toro is he works only in visuals, so you get an amazing actor like Corey Stoll having to act in an awful looking wig because Del Toro is some immovable loving goon when it comes to that character having hair despite it meaning gently caress all.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

Oh jeez, petah, petah pan, you are- you are no good! I must...I must kill you as I am Captain Hook and that is what captains...do. Oh gosh! What is that...what is that ticking? Is that the ticking of the crocodile that took my hand and ate my alarm clock? Yes, yes indeed it is the ticking of the crocodile- who took my hand and ate my alarm clock! Oh no! This...this is a dizastah!

Haven't you been confined to the LMS thread again?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Combat Pretzel posted:

Plenty of things to nag about The Strain, but I hope there's a point to that glorious hair piece on the CDC doctor.

Corey Stoll is bald and Del Toro is a big loving baby who wouldn't cast him unless he wore a wig because that was his 'vision'.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

muscles like this? posted:

Do you have any proof of that or are you just being an rear end in a top hat?

MrAristocrates posted:

It's PriorMarcus, dude.

Well, gently caress you too.

Alan Sepinwall in the comments on his blog posted:

In Austin, Cuse told me that Del Toro always envisioned the Goodweather character having hair, and that the only sticking point in hiring Stoll was whether he'd be comfortable wearing a wig.

For a writer/director with such a clear and specific visual sense, I can see where GDT was coming from, but it looks ridiculous.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Doesn't the Leftovers have its own thread for all this toxic poo poo?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yes, it does. These posts are the spillover. The extras. The uh... the bits that there were more of than could fit in the thread. I don't know the word.

Bravo.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Bown posted:

The IRC is 99% much chiller than the forum.

I should come hang out there. What do you actually talk about?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Aye Doc posted:

i'm pretty sure the #1 best moment of nip/tuck was when Christian killed a woman with his cock

I dint remember this. I mean, I believe it happened on that show, but it all blurs together.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Dana from Homeland.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

But the Brody Bunch where the best thing about that show. It was exactly the content I was hoping for in my mature spy drama.

Have they spoken any about their previous love of the character/actress and their changed opinion?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

...of SCIENCE! posted:

They should have known there was no way the show was going to get 10+ seasons, if ending up in 1931 was their end goal they should have paced themselves better instead of waiting until the final season and jumping ahead.

That and even the creator of it is bored shitless of it. He's spent more time wanking over his new show in press interviews than talking about Broadwalk and that combined with less than desirable ratings means it's getting a Final grace season that clearly no one can really be arsed with.

It's not a great loss though, unlike Deadwood people will mostly likely look back on Boardwalk and it's short run with a giant shrug of their shoulders.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Midnight City posted:

I think True Detective was the single best season of a show I've ever seen.

Followed closely by what is probably the worst thread for a tv show I've ever seen.

I think this is the most hyperbolic post I've ever seen.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

DoctorWhat posted:

I'm in this for the long haul, now. I'm 6 episodes in and I can't stop.

Good loving look man. It certainly goes downhill all the way until the end.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

DoctorWhat posted:

I just saw that one, it owned bones! Really proper mythic stuff and a good helping of Miyazaki monsters.

It can't help but be downhill from here, the only question is just how rough it'll be for me to get through it.

Make sure to post back because I'm actually really interested in your opinion man.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

As with everything of this ilk expect it to be a broken mess that is soon forgotten about aside from a few die hards and receives updates about one every year.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Not really. Bad shows like this air every year they are just mostly ignored or forgotten by the internet, it's just now Community geeks are jumping all over themselves over it.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

I know competition is good and all that jazz but I couldn't give a poo poo about streaming sites that aren't Netflix.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Didn't they end it prematurely because the head writer couldn't be arsed anymore? Now he's writing this rock series and I don't see any reason it will hold his interest longer.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Bown posted:

He's right though!! It should be moderated to avoid creepy talk like every other thread but I assume there most be SOME stuff in it worthy of discussion (or maybe there isn't I genuinely have no idea). I've never really given a gently caress because I don't watch it but it is judging a show by its worst fans and that's not very fair!

I thought it was trucking along nicely to be honest, but whatever.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

OldSenileGuy posted:

That does sound better. I guess I figured a show based on time travel would have a lot more time travel shenanigans. Good to hear that's supposedly coming?

I don't hate it now, it's just kinda dull and like a second-rate Castle.

Yeah, but it comes in the most convoluted, cliche way. Honestly, it doesn't get better, but it does get more sci-fi I guess.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Naked or not it's better than our new dating show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN9jT3h0j08

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Bown posted:

The first one was intentional, I think, and Steenburgen was probably too busy with season 6 of Justified.

Whose she playing on Justified? I need to catch up with that.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Bown posted:

Hahah that Sherlock cover is literally the season 8 Doctor Who premiere

Holy gently caress! I'm so happy I'm not the only one that thought of this. It's looks to be about the same loving quality too.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Deadpool posted:

Stop posting about that show in this thread. Not everyone though, just you.

Thank God.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

For someone committed to the incessant whining bit you sure do love stamping your widdle feet about people with opinions different than yours

p laughable IMO

But you have an entire thread dedicated to that? I didn't think you'd take my feet stamping so seriously though dude, is it really that big of a deal to you that you can post about the Leftovers here? Because, silly reply aside, I honestly couldn't give much of a poo poo.

• Locked thread