Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Pulsarcat posted:

Related spoiler for the first time you spend the night at the inn in Junon.

There's a scene where you hear Aerith in her room talking to a "stranger" who sounds like a kid, only for Red to walk out.

It took me a couple of seconds, but I lost it once I realized that the "stranger" was Red talking in his actual voice, he's basically a dorkass teenager trying to come across like a wise old man and it only works because he's in a party with people like Barret and Cloud.

Haven't gotten there yet but that tracks with the original game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

ilmucche posted:

How long are the random encounter fights in rebirth? Are there a lot of them?

Enemies are physically in the world, you can see them and are avoidable if you don't want to fight

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Morpheus posted:

Every now and then in Pacific Drive, the Zone helps you out. A few times I've been driving around and see a burst of light, then something appear near me. An anchor, a can of repair glue, at one point I was just walking around the area and four summer tires fell from the sky in front of me. It's always jarring and confusing but then pretty nice to see.

I found a mass of speakers once that heals your car

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Very little thing in FF& Rebirth but the chocobos look at you if your close to them. Makes them feel a little more like a living creature then just staring off into the distance oblivious to the world

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Morpheus posted:

Man, Pacific Drive is really marketed as a survival sort of game with pseudo-horror elements, but there are some vibes to the game when you're working on your car in the garage, crafting new parts for it, looking over blueprints while it rains gently outside and Holy Mystery is playing over the large radio in the corner and echoing through the building:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh9YAWkQh34

Edit: Or hearing this song muffled from your car as you walk around the area picking up materials and avoiding anomalies:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3MACUEAimI

I've found a soundtrack playlist for the game and man, I'm going to have to add them to my listening rotation for sure.

It's why I always leave a door open when walking around.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Also one of the funniest lines in the last game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u31uURkbpdY

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Necrothatcher posted:

I'm 40 hours in and think Rebirth might be the funniest game I've ever played.

Those translators deserve a raise.

Really love that they cranked up the silliness

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And now I wonder if that's where Archer got it from.

They did that because they couldn't say "what the gently caress", but "poo poo" is perfectly OK to say on tv

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Leal posted:

Its wild to me that this game is like a hundred years old and still looks hella good

Battlefield 1 came out in 2016 and it still looks insanely good

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

verbal enema posted:

I couldn't give a poo poo about any of the people in l4d2

How dare you, Coach was the great

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Cythereal posted:

It may have taken eight goddamn years for the protagonist faction of the Total Warhammer series to get a playable female character, but at least she's a badass at that, being a gothic archmage of death leading an army comprised of perhaps the most brutal guns, artillery, and war machines in the setting.

Looks like woke to me

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Cythereal posted:

And she is going to crush you with rocket batteries that fire magically enhanced rockets that explode into black holes.

drat DEI making black holes

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Love that the map in Another Crab's Treasure is basically a parody of Elden Ring's painted map

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Fifty Farts posted:

My favorite little thing in Another Crab's Treasure (so far) has been the loan shark.

It's just one of those shark grabber toys sticking out of the water, also he's wearing a hat.

Its an incredibly charming game

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Bussamove posted:

I haven’t fired up the full game yet but is “Give Kril a gun” still an accessibility option like it was in the demo?

Very much, yes

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Can't wait to get to Anor Londo

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Another Crab's Treasure, I was joking earlier but I legit think I got to an area that looks like Anor Londo made of sand

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

CJacobs posted:

A fresh install of Max Payne 3 removed the mod I had that got rid of bloodstains on the guy, and my God how does he survive any chapter of this game. It is so stupid and funny how he staggers into cutscenes covered in Tarantino squibs.

Those all went through the front.

"I had a hole in my second favorite breathing lung."

That's the power of a pill addict

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

moosecow333 posted:

One of the bosses in Hades 2 is a band. As you knock out members of the band their instrument will cut from the boss song.

Darren Korb is still a genius

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

One of the bosses has a shell they hide inside. If they hide inside the shell the song actually changes to reflect how that changes the sound.

TontoCorazon posted:

Darren Korb is still a genius