Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Scribblenauts is full of little things. They have a huge variety of very specific mythological creatures. My first step to solve any problem is to summon a nuckelavee.

My favorite discovery that I mad all on my own without her from the Internet (:smug:) was that it you conjure an element that's reactive with water, like potassium or cesium, it will cause an explosion when you drop it in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

grittyreboot posted:

I just picked up Diablo III the other day. One of the witch doctor's attacks is to throw adorable little frogs at his enemies :3:

Also, I love his little head wiggle.

And rain said frogs from the sky, and throw jars of spiders, and shoot snakes from a blowgun, and throw exploding flaming skulls that have fiery ghosts in them, and summon a ghost head to barf on people, and turn enemies into exploding chickens, and summon something called a humongoid, and create a piranhado (a tornado of piranhas), or have a skilled called Toad of Hugeness...

Witch doctors are the best.

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 05:27 on Jul 23, 2014

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I'm sad that there's no conversation between Shaundi, Fun Shaundi, and Cyborg Future Shaundi from the Christmas DLC.

The ending montage of the Christmas DLC is my favorite little thing.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I want the next Saints Row to either be in a Coruscant-esque megalopolis with lots of different aliens, or the younger saints trying to take down the tyrannical future boss.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Robzor McFabulous posted:

I absolutely loved the bit at the end of one of Borderlands 2's DLC areas when the "boss" appears, his health bar fills up and he just trips and falls down the stairs, his health bar dropping chunk by chunk as he stacks it all the way down until he breaks his neck at the bottom.

While that particular DLC sucked, I did appreciate the inversion of the trope of bad guys always calling you to inform you that "While you may have rallied the defenders/broken my super weapon/killed my lieutenant, it matters not!" by having him legitimately freak out that you just killed his elite henchman and he didn't plan for you to beat his big monster. I didn't laugh out loud, but I appreciated it.

His accidental gag death occurs immediately after he finally manages to work up some confidence and decides that he has a chance.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
With the new expansion of World of Warcraft coming out, there's a rush to get stuff before it's gone or relegated to "legacy achievements." Among these are proving grounds, single-player scenarios based on tank, healer, or dps roles that demonstrate basic stuff you have to do, which I forgot about shortly after their release. The healer scenarios have you take care of a group of a tank and three dps npcs and deal with standard stuff like dispelling debuffs and burst damage.

Anyone who's played WoW knows that the idiot who stands in the fire is the bane of any healer. A wave came up that had an enemy that places fire on the grounds. A few seconds later, one of the npcs yells at a hunter npc for standing in the fire, who dumbly responds almost like he was waking up from a nap.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I was so happy to find that SSB4 Bowser Jr's alternate skins are each of the Koopalings, with their own models, voices, and everything.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Len posted:

I'm too lazy to try and relearn how to play MGR just to see what this is. Care to spoil it?

You get a QTE to slice the tail off. There's an achievement for it. Not sure why it's a spoiler, but it seems it is.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I can't decide if Revengeance's completely robotic enemies bleeding red is a sign of sloppiness or if it makes the game better.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

That's what I'm saying.

Pure 16 bit glory with none of that "pop culture" those mouthbreathers like :rolleye:

Don't forget Biggs, Wedge, and Piette!
From Star Wars

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
The Yojimbo reference Donkey talks about is this quote: "After this red harvest, you'll be the last one standing with a fistful of dollars. Yo jimbo."

Clint Eastwood's Fistful of Dollars and the Bruce Willis movie Last Man Standing are based on Kurosawa's Yojimbo, which is based on the novel Red Harvest.

On a recent session of Borderlands 2, I was running away from a larger bandit camp, and I got to hear the "Too solid flesh" soliliquy from Hamlet in its entirety. Any psycho can say it, so I was lucky to hear it from a guy I wasn't forced to fight.

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 13:49 on Jun 10, 2015

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
In Absolution, disguises won't fool someone in the same outfit if you get too close to them. It makes sense that the police officers or patrolling an area would know each other, as would the staff of a hotel, but they're not as familiar with each other's staff even if they work next to each other.

But then it falls apart in a lot of cases. Some missions have you deal with a whole paramilitary group or cops from all throughout a major city. The scientists and guards in a research facility, or the guards and ushers at a courthouse, don't react to a new face if he's in a different outfit. The expert security team guarding the mansion in the tutorial, who always do thorough background checks on everyone who they let in, don't care about this gardener they've never seen. They can see right through riot gear or the outfit of a masked criminal even if you aren't doing anything weird.

If you ever disguise yourself as a specific person, it really falls apart. If you try impersonating the mansion's chef, they at least have a line where the head of the elite security team gets angry about not being informed of a new chef, before doing nothing about it. But the others are even worse. Steal the outfit of a guy's personal drug dealer, and you can walk right up to him. During a short recess in a courtroom, you can knock out the judge or the defendant, take their outfit, and finish the trial in one of their places.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
In South Park: Stick of Truth, you can go to Tom's Rhinoplasty and get your face done up to look like David Hasslehof like Mr. Garrison did in an early episode. It replaces your head with a photo, not beige construction paper heads of every other characters. There is a photograph of the back of his head for when you face away, but otherwise it's the same headshot whether you're facing to the side or towards the camera.

And after several minutes of David Hasslehof just staring at me, I just lost it.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I'm not waiting for Half-Life 3. I just want the third episode of Half-Life 2.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
In one of the late missions in the Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void campaign, you get to control a character from the Protoss engineer/craftsman caste, and he does this absolutely adorable little power walk when he moves.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
The flamethrower on XCom's MECs was mutually exclusive with the rocket punch, which didn't cause panic, could only attack one target at a time, and couldn't attack diagonally but they gave you more movement points, didn't require any ammo, you and could explode a freaking tank if you punched an alien into it.

I never trusted the psi panic ability. There was always a chance they would shoot one of your guys.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Cory Parsnipson posted:

In the Shovel Knight DLC (Plague of Shadows), if you press and hold down to duck, Plague knight will start waltzing by himself! :3:

Hey, Mona likes dancing, maybe you should try doing it with her!

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Resident Evil sounds like a much smaller-scale horror story, like a slasher movie, haunted house, or psychological thriller, than the zombie apocalypses the games deal with.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I won't be getting the new Deus Ex until I can get a new computer, which could be a long-rear end time, so I gotta ask one question: Is it possible to get scolded for going into a ladies' restroom in the opening?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Transistor has a dedicated button for snuggling up to the sword with your boyfriend's soul trapped inside and humming along with the background music.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Strom Cuzewon posted:

The giant frog that grabs people with its tongue.

The zombie crocodile that leaps out of the piranha pond and drags enemies under water. Including bosses.

The giant floating ghost head that spits acid.

Bouncing ghost bombs.

The sill rune that summons the giant toad is called "Toad of Hugeness."

The zombie crocodile is comically huge. Just it's head pops out, and it's neck is almost as wide as the pond. The piranhas are skeleton piranhas with another skill rune.

There's a skill rune for the Gargantuar called "Humongoid," which is just a delightful word.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Aleph Null posted:

It's that the one that plays like an RTS + MOBA hybrid?

Maybe? DoW 2's campaign is like diablo, with loot drops and allocating skill points. You only have your force commander and three squads, and the squares are so small they're basically just window dressing for the sergeants who lead them. It's expansions introduced The Last Stand game mode, where you control a single unit in a co op survival horde mode.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Kid Icarus: Uprising manages to pull off a fake ending when you're only about 1/3 of the way through the game. Chapter 9: Medusa's Final Battle is among 25 chapters

One thinks it seemed a bit short, but you have the adjustable difficulty and a ton of weapons and challenges to unlock. That should pride some good replay value. That space pirate level they had near the end was pretty crazy. The fight with Medusa is much bigger than the other boss fights previous. The characters have some fourth wall-straining banter over some chip tunes from the original NES game, and then the real villain comes onto the scene by tearing down the end credits, and the plot's exuberant insanity only continues to escalate to the end.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Wintermutant posted:

I thought you were jumping out of your penthouse while it's being raided? It's been awhile since I've played it, although thanks to this thread, I got it reinstalled last night.

On topic, I love how you can play through the entire campaign in co-op; the only downside is that it spoiled me, so the lack of campaign co-op in GTA and Watch Dogs really drug them down for me.

Power also featured in the cinematic trailer, which is kind of what you're describing:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=csTf2Z7xlQ0

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Nuebot posted:

Really? It's a series about Kratos killing bigger and more badder asses, killing the unkillable and generally being a jackass.

So he finally kills the one thing no one else could. Mostly out of sheer spite, too. Not to like, be a good dude or anything.

Also, one thing I liked about God of War 3 was that it acknowledged the PSP games existed. At least the first one, I think they tried to forget the weird one about Kratos' brother.

Ghost of Sparta came out a few months after God of War 3. Even so, in 3 Poseidon says he wants to avenge Atlantis while you fight him, and it isn't explained until Ghost of Sparta.

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 11:20 on Feb 8, 2017

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Kid Icarus: Uprising is another dumb story that's great for its constantly escalating insanity, including a fake ending 2/5 of the way through. The level before the fake final level is a weird space level, so it kind of works as a fake penultimate level. And the fact that it's called "Medusa's Final Battle" is technically correct. The game seemed short I guess, only nine level, but then there's the highly adjustable difficulty level to provide replay value.

Then, during the credits, the real villain tears down the fake end credits, followed by 16 more levels of hammy voice acting, fourth wall fuckery, and a couple more villains who have nothing to do with the main one, including an alien invasion out of nowhere.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Byzantine posted:

That's actually from a patch the game got after 9/11. A bunch of the monuments and landmarks got genericized names too, and they made a new box for the game, since the original had a flip cover foldout:

I recall all the American monuments were the same. There were a few missions in Washington DC on each side. The Allied ones had gave you reward crates for sending engineers to repair various monuments (The command center lady comments they gave the Lincoln Memorial statue a Stalin head), while the Soviet ones gave you rewards for destroying them. All the monuments had special animations when they were destroyed instead of blowing up instantly.

The names of the monuments in the Soviet mission that took place in Paris were changed. The main objective was to change the "Paris Tower" into a giant Tesla coil. The Arc de Triomphe was replaced with the "Paris Arc of Winning." :pseudo:

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 05:00 on Aug 28, 2017

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Starcraft 2 released another commander for co-op missions, Dehaka. He commands Primal Zerg who aren't part of the Zerg hive mind and constantly fight among themselves to guide their evolution. Instead of the standard Zerg hives and buildings that are basically just giant organs, they have giant stationary beasts.

They still build buildings by sacrificing a drone however. Instead of the drone morphing into a building, it scooches around a patch of ground spraying pheromones. When they're done, the beast burrows up from under them and eats the drone.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
During one of the days in Night in the Woods, you can talk to an NPC who's in a backyard wrestling league.

And then he never appears again.

I wanna do/see backyard wrestling. :sigh:

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

No, just a town NPC standing by himself. He appears on one of the earlier days.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Jedrick posted:

Yeah, and the other racket can be an assist trophy.

A Pong-like game already is an assist trophy :science:

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Captain Lavender posted:

Finishing a playthrough of KOTOR. I forgot about this part at the end where Malak knows you're coming, and says to send all the troops, even the apprentices to stop you. And his assistant asks, "Do... do you think they'll be able to stop [player]?" And Malak says, "Of course not! But it will slow him/her down!" etc

I've said it before, but games always get kudos from me when bad guys acknowledge the threat you pose.

The fifth World of Warcraft Expansion involves a bunch of time travel parallel universe bullshit, and the last boss is Archimonde, a demon lord who was killed in the final mission of Warcraft 3, where he was indestructible on the battlefield. Unlike some previous fights with extremely powerful lore characters in WoW, or how he was defeated in Warcraft 3, there's no other extremely powerful NPC empowering you or summoning a huge attack against him. You just hit him until he dies. An entire army couldn't do that in Warcraft 3.

As he dies, he sends a past version of Gul'dan, a powerful warlock who nonetheless has nothing on Archimonde, to the current version of Azeroth, where he becomes the last boss of a raid of the Legion expansion.

On the lead up to Legion, they release an audio drama, where Khadgar, a big important mage NPC who was something like the nemesis to both of his versions, hunts down Gul'dan. Gul'dan accomplishes his task, summons the Legion to Azeroth, and Khadghar has to run. Gul'dan celebrates, but he has the fearful realization that the loot-crazed murderhobos who killed Archimonde are going to be coming for him now.

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 11:08 on Jul 9, 2018

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
One of the Kung Loa/Tanya intros in MKX is a riff on the "Bite your thumb" bit from Romeo and Juliet.

I'm also partial to
Ferra: Can't-see-man!
Kenshi: I am formidible, regardless.
Ferra: We formable regargles too!

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Did Arkham Knight Batgirl's move set have anything unique to it? I'm don't recall if she did. She's supposed to have more hacking skills, but Batman already had all those tools. She had no unique gadgets, and I don't remember unique moves.

Azrael was I think just Batman, but with harder predator challenges more focused on avoiding mistakes and using tools than performing certain tasks.

Red Hood was silly because he had the most powerful gadet of all: loving guns. Using them would fire a barrage that was supposed to leave you vulnerable, but you could cheese a lot of predator challenges by sitting on a gargoyle and shooting guys. The AI wasn't equipped to deal with it, and challenge objectives didn't disallow it too much. Also, medics could just revive guys you gunned down like they were e punched out.

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 16:59 on Oct 16, 2018

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
In XCOM 2, your goal is to stop the creation of psychic super-beings called Avatars. During the story, you summon an incomplete one with missing HP, and everyone is shocked by the appearance of this new, never-before-seen life form. Then you fight three in the last mission, and that's it.

They just released some freeLC story missions about the days between XCOM 1 and 2, framed by some characters reminiscing. To spice up the difficulty, some Avatars appear patrolling around. No explanation is given other than someone saying "You're not going to believe this, but I swear we fought an Avatar. I don't know how, you're just going to have to trust me. It was the hair."

I appreciated the audacity.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
The Codec conversations in Brawl were fun, and it's too bad they didn't add new ones for Ultimate. Some of them reference you playing Brawl still.

They did add some Palutena's Guidance conversations from the WiiU Kid Icarus stage though and updated some for other characters, noting for example that BotW Link.

I liked a bit where they talk about how most Pokémon end up just sitting in balls in storage indefinitely.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
It's a [loan word from English]...

A [loan word from English]?

Yes, they're [just says the loan word from English again]

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Screaming Idiot posted:

THIS IS US, WE HAVE TURNED INTO RONNIE

*sobs into his McNuggets*

Daaamn iiiiiiiiiiiiiiit! *camera tilts to then sky*

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Back in Melee days when I was feeling kind of dickish, I'd like to sometimes slam pick the Poke Floats stage, a constantly-changing seris of giant Pokémon floating in a pink, cloudy void. The music was a medley of Pokémon battle themes with a kind of spooky sci-fi feel that I think really complemented the visuals to give you this feeling that reality was breaking down. The few stages that got left out of Ultimate all kind of sucked (the constantly vertically-scrolling Donkey Kong stage from Brawl sticks out to me), and I'm a bit sad to see Poke Floats go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
He might see Spider-Man appearing carefree and fun-loving while performing vigilantism, and think that would be more dangerously seductive than an objectively worse vigilante like the Punisher.