Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Kirby and the Forgotten Land: In Waddle Dee Town, you get a little house early on. You can sleep here and it's incredibly adorable as one would expect of Kirby.
My little thing with it is: you can enter via the front door, or alternatively, you can go on the roof and then fall down the chimney. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Blasted through Deathloop recently; found it neat that when you reload, your vision focus ends up on closer stuff and farther sights blur.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
A friend of mine plays La Mulana and stuff and told me about how the... April Fools mod or something has a bunch of items whose names are all anagrams of one lovely item in the base game? I think that absolutely rules.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Hardspace: Shipbreaker: the stickers you put on your equipment are visible on the equipment display in your room.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Agents are GO! posted:

My favorite racing game of all time, Split/Second, represents your achievements with "sponsor" decals on your car, which is an incredible idea that I'm not sure anyone has copied yet.

In a similar vein, Hardspace: Shipbreaker represents your in game tracked achievements with stickers that you can put on your equipment. You can earn multiples and turn them in for shiny versions too!

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I've just started Howdy, Jacob!, a hidden object game that also has greenscreened videos of puppets in it. You can use hints, but I noticed that (with non-unlimited amounts) you get 3 helpful hints and 1 unhelpful hint. Naturally, this involves one of the puppet characters coming onscreen and rambling about something, failing to be useful. Great goofy little touch.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I was playing through Ghost of Tsushima and picked up an alternate appearance for your sword/tanto. Went into the menu to check it out, and rotated it, and the baubles that were hanging from it actually moved realistically as I was turning the view around. Glad they didn't just display the model frozen there.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Captain Hygiene posted:

I'm grabbing that one too, thanks. I'm completely addicted to sudoku and its variants, I keep my previous phone around solely to use for that and listening to podcasts/audiobooks.

I don't know if it's on iOS, but on Android I picked up and occasionally play a bit of this Guriddo one, that's got a little twist on regular Sudoku too.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
In the new Saints Row, there's a citywide LARP you're introduced to and get to participate in. For this, you get to use specific fake weapons that cause people to act out their deaths, instead of actually killing them.

There's an activity you can do in game where you take bounties, and one of them is specifically about beef between two people in the LARP. When you eliminate that target, the pop-up banner has quotation marks around 'KILLED'. Had me laughing.

Oh, also, you can initiate a takedown on opponents with an unshielded health bar to instantly eliminate them and get back health. But when you're in LARP mode, the Boss just does something like fake-punching the target a bunch instead. There's a lot of stuff I'm actuality finding appealing in the game to me specifically, more than I expected, and I'm very pleased as a result.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Randalor posted:

Saint Row: The Boss is a psychopathic personchild, but actually cares about their friends. Tell the boss that you need help grinding in your LARP or that you want a re-release of a toy that you missed out on as a child because you were in foster care, and they WILL move Heaven and Earth to help you. A nice change of pace from the GTA games where the main characters have to be dragged kicking and screaming into helping their friends.

I do actually appreciate the level of acceptance and affirmation the core cast displays. And it's great to see how much the Boss ends up getting into the spirit of the LARP.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Phy posted:

I just found out about the Super Mario 1 a+start continue trick.

Just now.

Where was this thirty-six years ago??

Maybe the info didn't get around to your schoolmates at the time.

It didn't for mine, either, though.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Randalor posted:

Saints Row 2022: That objectives for Venture side missions are not always just X specific places. It's nice that I can position, say, the toxic waste site at any location and will always have enough toxic trucks located sorta-kinda near the location.

Gotta say though, it was silly of me to thematically put Wuzyerz in smelterville then end up having to schlep all the way to the Frontier and back for the tank repo

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
IIRC one handy thing in Far Cry 6 was how they handled mission prompts. Fairly certain that when you were about to accept a mission from someone, you got taken to a screen where the npc is giving their schpiel, so you can just skip if you want or you can listen uninterrupted by the rest of the world doing things around you. Fairly certain that's how it was.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

sebmojo posted:

James souls, creator of dark souls, was bitten a horrible dog once and hates them all beyond description

he did however stumble into a swamp that miraculously healed him right after he was bitten

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Cleretic posted:

I brought this up in another thread and it reminded me that it completely fits in this thread: One of the mechanics in The Great Ace Attorney games is that Herlock Sholmes (who is outright stated by the game's social media to be a himbo) looks at the scene and 'deduces' what happened based on available evidence... and is completely wrong, forcing your character to step in and point him to the actual evidence to get him on the right track.

Some of Sholmes' original conclusions are just him describing the actual solutions of some of the most famously bullshit Sherlock Holmes stories.

Very late game spoiler for the second GAA game: I absolutely loved that Professor Mikotoba actually dances for the Dance of Deduction. :haw:

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

darkwasthenight posted:

Didn't expect to say it, but the Power Wash Simulator x Tomb Raider crossover DLC was not a huge leap.

and now we have the ff7 one which ties those two universes together

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Tried out Lonesome Village. Trees can be shaken to get items; you can get sticks, coins, and fruit. Depending on what part of the map you're in, the type of fruit will differ - and in the desert, i was pleased to see that there was in fact no fruit you could get from shaking a bare tree.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Starfield: the ability to sell stuff stored in your ship, not in your on character inventory, at vendors.

Now if only i used it more instead of my ship storage being resources central, but still good to save you an extra trip to offload stuff.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Starfield: going through the UC Vanguard quest line again. Walked through the hall of exhibits on the way to the flight simulator and there's a statue of a Terrormorph (tough alien you can end up fighting during the course of the game). There's no stand with a button to press to hear about it, so you might just go past the statue, but i got close and looked at the base under the statue. There's a couple of foam cups beneath it which i thought of as tourgoers tossing a cup at this statue of such a monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Alba: A Wildlife Adventure was quick but quite pleasant. Very cute that when you're moving about, Alba will occasionally swap to skipping or putting her arms out so that the walk cycle animation gets shaken up a bit.