Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Cleretic posted:

I've picked up Just Cause 2 again recently, and realied something: Just Cause 2 is the only open-world game with vehicles that actually has useful planes.

The planes are good for getting around but totally useless at shooting things since they can't target lock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

DrBouvenstein posted:

Yeah, but TIE Fighter did have that sick-rear end arm tattoo that got more and more grandiose each time you ranked up in the Emperor's Circle, or whatever it was called.

Serve the emperor above all others! *zap*

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Mustang posted:

One cool thing I noticed in Destiny is that all of the locations you go to are real places on the Moon, Venus and Mars. The Ocean of Storms, Ishtar and Meridian Bay, respectively.

Does the backstory that you have to jump through hoops to discover explain how we terraformed Venus? You know, surface temperature hotter than Mercury, atmospheric pressure 92 times greater than Earth. The probes that have landed there didn't last long.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Is KOTOR2 the one with "I did it all for the wookiee." "The wookiee?"

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

That all goes back to Invitation to Love on Twin Peaks, too

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Anyone who's played a lot of RCT will recognize stock sounds of people cheering/laughing/screaming from tons of different places

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

My Lovely Horse posted:

At the very least, the radio stations in GTA III and Vice City were single long audio files. Matter of fact, straight up MP3s in the PC versions - for VC you could simply change the file extension and you were good to go.

If you have the actual PS2 discs it's trivial to convert them to MP3s, too.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

After a battle with rebels in Tropico 5 one of my advisors said "War...war never changes"

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

That explains so much about Borderlands 2

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Does Hideo Kojima *really like* David Bowie or is there something deeper going on here

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

A soldier was telling a buddy that he was being transferred to the nuclear program in Ukraine, and the buddy assured him that Soviet reactors are perfectly safe

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

AlphaKretin posted:

Honestly it's Kojima, he probably wanted Sutherland from the start but didn't have the money/clout until now.

Keef wasn't exactly a hot commodity in 1998

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

StandardVC10 posted:

F.E.A.R.: Few games match the satisfaction achieved in trashing some random jerk's office equipment in FEAR.

The office had the same logo and TPS reports from Office Space, didn't it?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

I haven't bothered with any FOB stuff past the initial mandatory setup, is it worth it or do invasions keep interrupting you?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Inzombiac posted:

Yeah, just compare most of the SNES library with the PS1.

Most everything of the SNES looks good and if it doesn't, it's still readable.
LOADS of PS1 games look like hot rear end but we loved it at the time because COOOOOL 3D!

NES games look and play like poo poo but Super NES games still hold up. PS1 and N64 games look and play like poo poo but PS2 and Gamecube games still hold up.

And honestly I don't think this is even a problem anymore. PS3/360 remakes onto current gen systems are 99% about making the game playable at all, it's not like there are massive improvements or anything. You just get the actual ability to play the game on your current console.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

JebanyPedal posted:

We're in an era where killing Nazis and people in the KKK and having black people help you do so is apparently controversial and SJW now so it doesn't surprise me that it did poorly.

internet whiners aren't *that* powerful, it's more that people generally don't like single-player-only games

it also had its flaws, such as being too goddamn hard. yeah you could just play it on easy but they even patched the difficulty

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

In Max Payne 3 you could unlock original constipated Max as a skin

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

There was a game for Over The Hedge? drat. That movie deserved more love than it got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Aleph Null posted:

Speaking of "plots that ignore the source material", the Over the Hedge movie was absolutely nothing like the comic strip it was based on. It had some of the same characters. That's about it.

I have an Over The Hedge book with the "soon to be a major motion picture!" thing on the front, and it's from years before the movie came out. I'm guessing it got committee'd into its eventual form.