Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Doc V posted:

The official site updated with a new music track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP0B-DyfEB0

Sawano channeling the Tron Legacy soundtrack there.

I hope all the vocal tracks are done in horribly accented English or (better yet) German.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Black Stones posted:

The soundtrack won't be as good as Xenoblade IMO (I would love to be wrong) and that's because while Sawano is good, the only thing he seems to know how to do good is bombastic music.

Not true, he does good low key stuff too, it just gets lost behind the bombast.

https://soundcloud.com/heyitsflamenco/troyard

https://soundcloud.com/heyitsflamenco/ver

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The music in that trailer is great and idea of playing a colonist exploring an alien planet is such a cool idea to me, not actually sure I could get more hyped for this game (which is usually a bad sign. :v: )

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

MechaCrash posted:

"Working on the Gundam" series sounds pretty good until you check which Gundam series. "Worked on Destiny" is not really a ringing endorsement, I'm afraid.

Hey, at least it's not AGE.

:gonk:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rascyc posted:

I can't get over how bad the faces look in this game. The main character in particular.

At least you'll be able to change the MC's derp face. I wonder exactly how much customisation there'll be.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Louisgod posted:

gently caress vocal songs, give me organic ambiance. I cringe every time I hear lyrics in video game music, especially in Japanese tracks.

One of Sawano's 'things' is that he does a lot more vocal insert songs than most anime OST dudes, they're all in hilariously bad Engrish or German but that doesn't stop most of them from being amazing.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Gonna name myself Cloud and join Avalanche.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

OnimaruXLR posted:

I think the Xenosaga guy must've had a broken limb or some other ailment to recover from during most of Xenoblade's intiial development and now he is back in full terrible force

Everything looks completely awesome apart from a couple of derpy faces and I could not be more hyped for this game.

.....Which is a really loving bad sign.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

NTT posted:

720p? :/

Given the scope of the game, what were you expecting?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Actually I think this is my favourite.

'Check out the detail on that crotch!'

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm okay with that. I'm just gonna roleplay that my character had a boob job that went horribly wrong.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Suaimhneas posted:

This is Monolith's first HD game, and they managed to create this huge expansive beautiful world that you can explore freely with no loading. drat, eat poo poo Square-Enix

At this point S-E's mismanagement over the past few years has been the stuff of legends, FFXV looks like it might be legit good though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

At the outside five years, assuming helping out on Skyward Sword and Project X-Zone didn't tie up too much of their resources. Like three if they only work on one project at a time.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Weird that one of the few game studios with a reasonable sounding work ethic would be Japanese where mandatory overtime and 60+ hour weeks are considered normal.
Then again maybe that's just compared to the 100+ hour weeks everyone else does. :v:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lao looks okay, Douglas looks :downs:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Isn't that how Hirai got started on Gundam SEED? :negative:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's not true at all.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That 'raygun' is a class of weapon warms my heart.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Since it's just playing over the action with no sound effects I'm assuming it not the main battle music you hear all the time.

Also it owns, gently caress the haters.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh. I hope they have a bunch of themes then because while I like it it's probably going to get old pretty quick.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

yeah, you convinced me this games going to be loving terrible gently caress everything i have nothing left to live for

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kurtofan posted:

"It's Reyn Time, bitch!!", said Reyn as he entered the Monado Man, Bionis's Leg's top gay club

I'd play it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If they've been set on a Western release from the start it's likely they've been working on the localisation along side the game, so it's not infeasible but any actual time frame is nothing but rumours.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bit over a month, April 29th.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh yeah, that was the one that made me think Sawano had been watching Tron: Legacy.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

gannyGrabber posted:

I quit xenoblade when they gave me a 4th character but the party could only fit 3. That is the worst poo poo ever and any game that does that can gently caress itself. Thanks for reading.

Play Suikoden, you can have six people in your party at one time!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Famitsu has been poo poo for years and a good score from them is zero sign of quality.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The British accents only really happened because it was localised by NoE originally, it wasn't even going to get a U.S. release at first.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's not really any more dumb than dolls.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Calaveron posted:

I prefer skells over dolls because dolls is such an anime term for mecha they might as well call them figma or metal gears

anime

anime anime

anime

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rabelais D posted:

I know it's a JRPG, but when they said they wanted to be Japan's answer to Bethesda I did get my hopes up.

Who said this and also lol because all of Bethesda's RPG's are terrible boring expanses of nothing.

Xenoblade was MMO combat but offline and so is the sequel and I'm pretty sure no-one has represented it as anything else.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Apr 25, 2015

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm playing Prime 3 now and the worst thing about it as that it keeps giving me Other-M flashbacks.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Renoistic posted:

2000 yen's worth of DLC so close to launch doesn't exactly change my mind about the game. And all of the characters look extremely generic.

Mario Kart 8, Hyrule Warriors and Mario Golf all had the that much DLC either at launch or for pre-order and it was all top quality, worth the price and didn't feel like the main game was stripped down or missing anything.

Seems like people are just looking for reasons not to like this game at the moment.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Apr 28, 2015

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You could have a naked tank in Xenoblade so....

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's okay I'm sure they'll change her official age or something so you can go back to not caring.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Please don't respond seriously to taint reaper posts.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Xavier434 posted:

Given that a lot of good JRPGs don't see the light of day on home consoles in the West anymore, I am willing to be flexible with DLC as long as it is high quality and I hope a lot of people decide to buy it. Anything that brings more of these kinds of games over to the West is a good thing in my book (well..almost anything).

It's more that there really aren't any, not that we don't get them here. Outside of Square, Atlus, Bamco and NIS, the only companies doing home console JRPG's are Idea Factory/Compile Heart poo poo tier stuff. And only one of those does anything approaching big budget ones.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Isn't she already a robot anyway, or am I mixing her up with someone else?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Terper posted:

Currently watching the credits roll on a stream.

Hi, can we not spoil that it has credits please, tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Maybe because every article on it 'Oh man, look how terrible this is!!!!' *posts 20 pictures of a 13 year old in a bikini* Click here to see more!

• Locked thread