Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

Oh god, I didn't even think about that. What a weird situation.

Its beanie babies all over again, poo poo's gonna be worthless in less than 10 years.

No, they will be like the E-Reader cards. Cheep for some, $150 for a Greninja.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I don't I can ever stop laughing at the Smash Mii Inking or the Squid Sisters.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

Reposting the direct in case anybody missed it: http://www.twitch.tv/nintendouk/v/4781129

It doesn't start until like 30 minutes in but it really details how the game works and all its modes.

There's a good bit more depth to the game than I figured.

looks like you have to pick from loadouts so you can't just fully customize your weapons. Kinda like TF2's classes but a little less niche.

or you could just watch it on Nintendo's Youtube channel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQsZPYB0vMw

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

TechnoSyndrome posted:

Could someone explain exactly what the Amiibos do in this game? Didn't watch the presentation and don't want to scrub through the Direct to find it.

They unlock bonus mission that focus on the other weapons that not the normal gun. They also unlock customs clothing that you can only get from the 3 Amiibo.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Not a Children posted:

Getting real frustrating being the only dude with a 3 digit score on my team

How does that happen, my team always had at least 1 member in the 4 digits.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Yesss, four rollers, the dream team. We lost but it was funny.

Had 3 rollers and a sniper. I was the ninja roller, one was front line roller, and the other was patrol roller. The Sniper keep saving me when I run out of paint. Sniper who ever you are thanks for splatting those 4 squids.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Also I like how when 2 roller go head to head, it ends in a draw.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Yeah the Roller is not so op when people see you coming.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Best way to win in the last 10 sec is to follow a Roller with a Roller. They are to busy to notice that your behind them and when the run out of ink or turn than splat them.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I think I will try the charger weapon tomorrow morning, any hot tips?

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

So do Inkay turn into a humanoid at age 14 too and hate Octillery?

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Things I have learn in round 2

Japan seem to have learn to pair up when going against a roller. They as seem to be in to the roller a lot more then the people last night. (most of my matches after 30 mins were 6-7 rollers 1-2 guns. Guess they don't play much shooter games.) They also seem to love the voice commands.(How do you use it? Couldn't find it when I was playing.) Good thing there is no voice chat or else I would be get a language that I don't understand.

Taping the ZR helps you paint walls, hit people from a far and good for sniping people when on high ground. Also when 2 or more people gang up on you and your a roller, don't roll, just tap and splash. You will usual get them both. When head to head with another roller, turn and hit them from the side or splash them.
The Roller's sub is a lot better when you use it to scare people to move and can be tossed really high.(got a bunch of chargers on the high ground with it. ) Also planting them behind people seem to be the most effective. Lastly dive in to ink when you use the sub because it leave you with less the 10% ink.

The normal gun is good but I suck at it,
Need to learn to aim with charger,
Shooting rollers at the feet seems to be effective at slowing them down,
And a team full of roller seems to work out fine some how.

HELP ME, I'M WAY TOO INTO THIS GAME.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

There got Kirby's Paint Roller or Drawcia/Paintra reference in the game.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

HELL YEAH Ninja Roller.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Nintendo had this in there 2015 company guide for new employees

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

mr.capps posted:

i am always surprised by the amount of people i go up against who have the paintroller who aren't using it like a shotgun.

go 10 people in one match like that

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Dunban posted:

I know walls don't count for the final tally, but what about the tops of boxes you can walk on?

Yeah they count. Most people seem to never go for the boxes in the big area of the Rig.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Rocketlex posted:

It's because people don't remember Jet Set Radio came out in 2000.
Nickelodeon Slim at its prime in the 90's

The most satisfying thing is Paint rolling behind an enemy paint roller. Covers there work and gets them in the end when they run out of ink.

Jarogue fucked around with this message at 22:25 on May 9, 2015

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

Getting a Rocket Power feel from it

They may have had a guy name squid but DEAR GOD Splatoon looks and plays a lot better.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

mr.capps posted:

i imagine something about NO FULL TEAMS OF ROLLERS

Still better then a team full of Chargers.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

This game is so good that I learn how to gifs for it.

made 6 more from the Splatoon commercial
http://imgur.com/a/CAlYC

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Does anyone know the name of that special weapon that's essentially makes a gate out of ink?

The Sub Weapon call the Splash Wall?

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Icedude posted:

Speaking of which, does anyone know any good youtube/twitch links of people playing this that don't have too annoying voiceovers or the person playing aggressively ignoring every bit of text then having no idea what's going on?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMIJXPmp6Nw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOqNghmxMpw

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Szmitten posted:

What were the Amiibo rewards? Boy gets samurai outfit, girl gets schoolgirl outfit, squid gets robosuit. And a new arcade game each. Was that it? Or were there weapons too? Or more stuff?

They seem to have matching weapons, but I don't know if that from the amiibo or from the weapon shop.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Scalpers didn't know if people would buy the Splatoon Amiibos or not. Don't want to sink $35 bucks into a new IP that might not sell.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Also most makes me want to get it at Target instead of Gamestop.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Live stream of review copy of Splatoon from Gamexplain
http://www.twitch.tv/gamexplain

edit: It also seems that he can't spoil somethings pass world 3 do to the Nintendo embargo

Jarogue fucked around with this message at 23:39 on May 18, 2015

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

The Dynamo roller does look so hot might just stick with the Spat roller.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

Nintendo gimme a costume that makes my squid form look like a blooper plz

Not before Inkay.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Playstation 3 had sixaxis grenade aiming with Uncharted.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Macaluso posted:

I dunno if you've ever heard of a little series called Pokemon but go on ahead and look up some of the Pokedex entries on several of those guys, like Cubone or Yamask

There also the dark past of Mr. Fuji or how Pikmin 3 started because a planet almost run out of food resources.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I wonder if this mean they will be forced to do another Test Fire do to upsetting a bunch of fans with the server problem?

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

they seem to have extended the time.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I think I made a lasting impression on people with my roller technique. Go where no roller has gone before. I was painting the top of box and charger points with the roller, the next match everyone started doing it, made it easier for me to go paint other things.

Also a Team full of roller beat a team full of Splattershot Jr.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I was up against four rollers for one round. Cue the deep strategy of "walk backwards while shooting as the roller desperately tries to run me over."

I learned that if your fighting head like that, stop rolling and start shaking because by the time they notice their hitting nothing but ground, SPLAT and their gone.

It also fun to stick Suction Bombs behind people and get them to walk backward into it.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Sade posted:

I could see a LAN mode for offline turf war coming later on - they do seem to have an awful lot of content planned post launch.

Mario Kart Double Dash style

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

The T posted:

Why are there more Gamecubes than TVs

Full pic

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

sharrrk posted:

i dont understand why they need 16 tvs and gamecubes. wouldn't 8 of each be enough since each team would share the same screen anyway?

Clearly to hold 2 rounds at one time.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Weird to see it be done with the splat roller but the splat charger seems to be more effective when you stay in one general area and cover for people while they paint the turf. Also getting to a new spot in the same area when you have been spotted seems to help too. Like having a splat charger stay an protect the big area on the Saltspray Rig while on top of any of the boxes or that moving platform.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

The Bee posted:

Probably the fact that you can only use one, and that it increased the price of the console by a big amount. Its a huge boon, but I can see why it'd make some people leery.

Now if they let you sync up multiple and let us play Four Swords Adventures 2? Then it'd be perfect.

Couldn't they just use 3 3DS and one Gamepad for Four Swords Adventure 2.

• Locked thread