Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

pentyne posted:

Last season, gently caress it, kill everyone.

I like where this is going.

I've honestly never cared for Alcide since he was introduced and all the other regulars have gotten so dumb that I can get behind this. I think Eric/Pam are the only ones I'm sort of rooting for. More so now that they're on their Sarah Newlin death mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Mister Kingdom posted:

Are they going to bury Alcide in the backyard?

It's too bad Sookie saw it, otherwise they could just say he left to live on a nice farm where he can chase dumb girlfriends all day everyday.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

CODChimera posted:

This stuff with the infected vampires is wrapping up quickly. Next episode they rescue the other people and then ????

You're assuming it's going to be a quick and clean rescue. My bet is on either Sookie loving it up somehow or what's-her-face will go into labor mid-escape. She's already been having some weird pains and stuff down in the dungeon.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

So then Jason's going to have a stroke as Hurricane Michelle hits land?

Or maybe Hurricane Adele, depending on which way you'd like to go with it.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

The Duggler posted:

He was just so dreamy :eyepop:

Re: Hoyt

gently caress Hoyt. I hope he comes back just to get murdered off screen

Yeah he's nice to look at, but Alcide's plots have always been so lovely and uninteresting even by True Blood standards that I can't say I mind them killing him off. If it means I never have to sit through more werewolf pack bullshit or his terrible conversations with Sookie then it's a good thing.

As long as I get to see Sarah Newlin and her gigantic teeth die sometime before the show ends too, then this will be a great season for me.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

timp posted:

Witchcraft season owned imo. It was cool to see a force that the vamps actually had to fear for a change

I think it's funny that they basically just completely forgot about this after that season because it seems like the witchcraft thing would be really really handy right about now.

weekly font posted:

So I was over a friend's house and saw this show for the first time and was intrigued. Is that not the kind of regular quality I should expect if I start this thing up? Should I even start it up?

This episode was a lot more like the earlier seasons than the previous few episodes, so I think it would be worth a shot. It started off pretty strong (assuming you're looking for a campy dark comedy/drama/HBO sex show).

Anyway, all I can say is thank loving god they finally killed off that vigilante gang. All that's left on my wishlist is Sarah now. :)

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Nichael posted:

If ever there was a show with more deserving characters of impromptu Poochie exoduses than True Blood, I'd be shocked. So many people on this show could literally say "I have to go now. My home planet needs me," and then drift off screen to die, and it wouldn't break the narrative at all. And I say that all as someone who likes Sam, he just hasn't had anything to add to this show for a while.

Isn't this pretty much what happened with Tara and Alcide's out of nowhere sudden deaths? Plus Willa's pretty much disappeared from the show and Nicole is looking like she'll be vanishing soon, if we haven't seen her last on-camera scene already.

thathonkey posted:

I'm only on season 2 or so of Dexter but the voice over dialogue is so loving cornball I don't see how anyone could ever take that show seriously... especially when they try and insert humor.

Season 2 was one of the better seasons if that gives you any perspective (not best necessarily, but still). Towards the latter seasons it just got incredibly stupid until it culminated in the dumbest ending imaginable, but you could tell the writers were still thinking "Hell yeah, this is genius. Drama at its finest." :cool: I think they even said as much in interviews.

Not to say that True Blood is the best show ever, but it's always had a certain self-awareness and sense of humor to it.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

smg77 posted:

That sounds horrible but still better than the "Sookie's magic fairy vagina turns Bill back into a human" that people were speculating about earlier.

Or maybe they're going to do both just for a peak horrible ending. Turn Sookie into a vampire, Bill turns human immediately after and then Sookie either dies from her Hep V/turns back to human later because FAE BLOOD or just gets the cure.

It's just circuitous and completely nonsensical enough to be true.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Junkenstein posted:

That's all fine up until Pam is a hair away from being staked and Eric has to give up Sookie. There is absolutely no reason why he wouldn't do his super-speed-murder thing in that situation.

On the other hand, they already kind of did this once with Eric's flashback, where he was also unable to kill a few yakuza (possibly some of the same ones?). Yeah they had the French lady hostage, but you know any other season he would have murdered his way around her somehow.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Tiggum posted:

I haven't seen the American Being Human, but the original (BBC) version is more like the later True Blood, very melodramatic and taking itself too seriously.

I thought it was a pretty well done show and it does have a touch of the dark comedy with the whole "supernatural beings trying to be normal" thing. There's just a few :rolleyes: inducing moments of melodrama, which just reminds me of season 1 TB with all its super overly dramatic Sookie-Bill moments.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Cojawfee posted:

TV guide says it is 70 minutes long. 10 extra minutes of Bill being an idiot.

Yes, time to :regd08: (even more than they have already).

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Irish Joe posted:

I've been waiting seven years for Bill to come face to face with the Yakuza and none of you nay-sayers are going to ruin this for me.

I'm not naysaying, I'm looking forward to it! I watched the final season of Dexter, nothing can disappoint me anymore.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

CODChimera posted:

It would take A LOT for it to reach Dexters level.

Maybe it would be possible though? Nah, surely not.

Yeah I'm not trying to say it will reach Dexter finale levels of bad just that after watching that, nothing can really faze me about True Blood's ending.

Although judging from some of the possible spoilers I've seen, it sounds like the writers are giving it a serious try. I can't wait to see how much of it turns out to be true. :unsmigghh:

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

rejutka posted:

Hoyt is going to call him Vampire Bill and then correct himself to just Bill. Sookie will run like a ninny through the graveyard at night.

"Soookeh yew make me feel truly hyuuumon."

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Don't know what that means, I was just trying to approximate/exaggerate Bill's terrible accent. :shrug:

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Tailored Sauce posted:

I'm expecting a lot of death tonight. It will be a good time. :dance:

Now I'm hoping it's a super-schmaltzy happy ending. :v:

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

It turns out the whole season was a hallucination Eric was having while burning to death in Sweden.

It wasn't planned for Eric to burn, but the actor read the scripts and set himself on fire in protest.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Slightly Toasted posted:

Is Bill a ferenghi now

I'm sorry that I bothered to make the joke at all really because apparently making fun of a bad accent was an inadvertent Star Trek reference?

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Sober posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiBhZIaJsQ4

One last time. Please stick to the landing.

I think the season has already kind of gone past that point.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

nooneofconsequence posted:

The opening credits always belied a much better show.

That's probably because the opening sequence was made by a completely different production company than the rest of the show (Digital Kitchen). :v:

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Your posts have made a bad show entertaining again and brought back lots of memories (like all the B-plots I had forgotten).

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Candy Dawn posted:

He didn't even get his memories back. That's creepy.

Because if he had all his memories he'd remember why they broke up in the first place. I get the feeling that Jessica intentionally omitted a lot of poo poo during her recap (which like you said, is creepy).

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Dirk Pitt posted:

Nothing is going to happen this episode, is it?

Maybe they forgot that they can't just put off all the action and plot development for next week like usual.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

I don't know about the rest of you, but I know I've spent multiple seasons wishing for the return of the long dead Hoyt-Jessica romance and a loving wedding special. :shepicide:

hepscat posted:

Remember when Bill's flashbacks were about how he and Lorena would lure a bunch of 20's partygoers/flappers into their den and have a feeding frenzy bloodbath?

God loving drat this is the worst finale of any show I've ever seen.

Not until someone fakes their death and becomes a lumberjack.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Dirk Pitt posted:

Oh my, I have never witnessed such terrible TV.

Oh you will see worse eventually. :getin:

C'mon true death mid-wedding!

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Bored posted:

Seeing Gram Gram brought back memories...

Edit: I could have sworn that picture was creepier.

I refuse to believe Gram Gram wasn't some kind of supernatural monster with that demonic grin (and no not the fae thing). There was a photoshop that made it get progressively creepier, maybe that's what you remember?

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Illuen posted:

Just a thought: with Bellefleur here, why isn't fairy kid in the wedding? She would be the maid of honor, wouldn't she?

Road trip with Willa on the lost character bus.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Shadow gamer posted:

...This is the worst. At least things happened during the Dexter finale...

*pan out to Sookie in flannel with a beard*

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Marley Wants More posted:

Stephen Moyer is doing a social media Q&A right after the show. Somebody go ask him what the gently caress.

I look forward to watching him dance around it and try to find a way to talk about this like it didn't suck.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

nooneofconsequence posted:

THIS IS SO BORING

You see this way it makes the season feel so much longer.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

hepscat posted:

Do you think the writers are actually picturing fans all over crying at how sad it is that Bill is dying?

These are the same people who thought we were dying for more Hoyt and Jessica. And thought a Bill-Sookie reunion would make perfect sense.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Mister Kingdom posted:

The worst part is that Steven and Anna have to go through the rest of their lives knowing they did this to all of us.

While they roll around in their Scrooge McDuck-esque piles of money?

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Dirk Pitt posted:

This is the worst loving thing to ever be created.

There are worse things, you just haven't watched it yet.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Captain Mog posted:

This was worse than Dexter. Dexter's finale was a middle finger to the viewers. This was the writers taking a poo poo and rubbing their fans faces all up in it.

I feel like we could just call it a draw and say they're the worst finales on their respective networks since one is Showtime and the other HBO.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

John Yossarian posted:

I must have missed it, but how was Sookie able to read Bill's mind?

There was a theory going around that Sookie's strain of Hep V was going to turn Bill human instead of killing him (because fairy blood), so that may have been a hint that this was indeed the case. I kind of hope so because it makes his end funnier.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Terry Francona posted:

Well that sucks i thought it was pretty ok up until that fairy stuff. was kinda hoping the writers or whoever was like welp that poo poo was lame and went back to the good stuff guess not.

Kind of surprising considering that from what I understand even the book readers hate the fairy thing and the books are even shittier than the show.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Von_Doom posted:

Lafayette, Russell Edgington, Eric, Pam, Jason and Jessica. Those were who I watched the show for. I wish they had cut 10 minutes from BEEL dying and giving it to Pam and Eric. Also more head bobbing Eric driving in a car full of dead people. This show should have gone out on a high note and with a far more relevant theme: Eric, Jason, Lafayette and his new beau's prolonged sex scene. HOW COULD YOU TRUE BLOOD???? Not knowing your loyal audience for years: That is the real crime here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1Tp-tL61xo

gently caress Sookie and her unbelievably stupid name.

Or the line (from this season I think) about how Sookie is like a skin fungus that never really goes away.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

counterfeitsaint posted:

I think they leaked the Bill human thing on purpose. I was actually surprised when he popped because I assumed long ago he'd become human.

It's weird because there was the mind reading thing and then early in the episode Jessica mentions that Bill feels warm, so it seems like they were seriously hinting at it and then just said "gently caress it" I guess.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

counterfeitsaint posted:

That's what I mean. Because of the leak, when these things started happening I was like, yep, there is a 100% chance of this happening now. Which is the only reason why it was surprising.

As dumb as the turning human thing sounded at the time, at least it would have been more interesting than what we got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

nate fisher posted:

Sorry it was utter poo poo. While I was expecting that much from the series finale, they proved they been saving some awful writing that would even shock me. While not a great show, it at least has one of the worst series finales ever.

It was bad, but really it was more boring than anything and I've seen worse finales.

• Locked thread