Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Aurubin posted:

BREAKING: House GOP reveals plan to fight global climate change

There's no Bible :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Joementum posted:

Keep in mind that their alternatives include several governors under active investigation and Rand Paul.

What about Jeb Bush?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

This is one of my favorite documentaries about agriculture in the United States.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvMxIEgbsIo

Today there was nothing but good news about the economy, the stock market, and the unemployment rate that fell to 6.1% everywhere except Fox news.

You should cross post this in the Right Wing Media thread. Maybe find a similar graphic reporting on unemployment when Bush was in office.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Zwabu posted:

The "Obama MUST GO TO THE BORDER" is just another in a long string of right wing attempts to bring him "to heel" by making him do a thing, dating all the way back to the 2008 campaign with McCain trying to make him attend a schedule of debates etc. devised by McCain, trying to get him to suspend his campaign etc., and there have been intermittent efforts by others in this regard. poo poo won't stop until 2016.

And if he did it they'd say he was a political opportunist looking for camera time and attempting to help get immigration reform going.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Any suggestions as to which organization I should be helping out, exactly? What would that volunteer work entail, since I've never done that sort of thing before? Would I be going door to door with flyers, manning a call center, organizing files, what?

Usually they want you to cold call and canvass, since no one wants to do that stuff.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Is it OK if ShermanChat goes here?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3648518&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=12

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Someone explain to me again why there's even a Social Security cap at all? Because that would fix that loving problem right there. Just raise the cap or remove it all together. What's the reasoning behind capping it on the first place?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

radical meme posted:

Do the math and prove it. Otherwise, I stand by my "you're an idiot". I'm not talking about doing a stoner road trip. I've done plenty of those. I'm talking about actually traveling coast to coast and visiting Cities along the way where you get to know people other than your road buddies. Show me the math and prove I'm wrong.

Just by example, Motel 6 costs $40 per night and that awesome Irving Hostel someone mentioned has a price tag of $57 per night. (Ooops, I missed one in Irving that actually goes for $28.55 a night).

When I did it, we had tents and used campgrounds. We also rigged up the back of our truck so we could sleep in that too if we had to. What are we debating again?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Beamed posted:

Neither one matters because it's almost certainly going to the full DC Court next.

How much money are all these horseshit lawsuits costing? I wonder how many people we could insure with it?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Captain_Maclaine posted:

For the record, we also would have accepted variations on "any who run are VC DNC, any who stand still are well disciplined VC DNC."

Fixed.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Talmonis posted:

It's gotten to the point where I can't stand the sight of people with American flags or the words "Freedom" or "Liberty". The Tea Party has usurped just about every bit of those three things to the point where they're poison.

I agree with you but maybe these will help (even though he's dead).

http://www.oocities.org/zardoz_420/graphix/hst_flag.jpg

http://www.corbisimages.com/images/Corbis-42-15279471.jpg?size=67&uid=ba4d533a-8002-47cb-a182-ff50b6a6ca1a

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

This story is from the National Report. It's satirical.

Rather telling that we can't tell the difference anymore.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

I went to pay my mortgage today and realized my payment book was empty. When I called the bank they said the Federal Government had made them suspend the practice of payment books in lieu of monthly statements which seems stupid.

Anyone know about this? Why'd they pass this law and who was behind it? What's the reasoning? I was fine with my payment book.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Bunleigh posted:

Don't forget the economy they wrecked and refuse to let anyone attempt to fix!

They blame that on Clinton and Carter. My right wing father and law has never even heard of the Glass-Steagal act.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Boon posted:

But... Clinton killed Glass-Steagal...

I'm aware, but it was Republican legislation and my hard right Republican father in law, who blames Clinton and Carter (TCRA) had never heard of it.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Alter Ego posted:

I don't know why these displays of racist bravado make me so angry. Maybe because it's directed at children. Maybe it's because the people spouting it are literal human garbage. I really don't know.

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

YES!

There is now a conservative facebook and it is called

drumroll

ReaganBook

Announcement video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT7TkobfURw

Someone troll this with actual quotes/policy positions from Reagan.

edit: beaten. Bless you, Ice Cream Glove.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

This is weird. I've been watching FOX News all day and haven't heard a word about this.

They cooked the books, etc.

Listening to that Chris Hedges vs. Dinesh D'Souza debate right now and god is D'Souza an rear end in a top hat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isjf3j0Aeeo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Ofaloaf posted:

I get to see my name on the ballot in tomorrow's elections, so there's hope yet!

I ran as a write in against Ander Crenshaw in 2004 on the platform of "no candidate should run unopposed" and got like 50 votes, near as I can tell. Far as I know, officially, my name is "Other". At least you got your name on the ballot.

• Locked thread