Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Stux posted:

lmao ipad pro broke windowos vendors

nah foldable tablets were around well before the apple surface

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

lol this is right up there with the camera wart

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
apple is creating the ipad maxi based off of microsoft surface advertising, who's cargo culting who?

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Shaggar posted:

also they don't do tpm for some weird reason

because they actually sell products in russia and china

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
now that microsoft has officially declared its long-held intention to retreat from the console market, all that remains is for sony to go out of business

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Fabricated posted:

Just fyi this will never happen.

both are currently happening

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
reviews of 9/10 or 10/10 from the major review sites can always be disregarded as they're indicators that the appropriate money was paid to the site ahead of the review

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
you don't pronounce emojis because you don't say computer poo poo out loud

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
in fairness, steve was in charge when apple laptops had the service instructions of "thermal paste? use a whole tube of that poo poo, son"

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

pram posted:

this thing is a piece of poo poo

and yet, there is an apple engineer who has been given the task of creating a competing product that emulates it

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
ironically the pip boy has a use case whereas the iwatch does not

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
it's cool and good that you can post whatever horseshit you want about windows and goons will uncritically believe you

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
yeah but you have to use itunes to listen to it so it's a net negative

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lolling at calling the iphone 6s "impeccable"

i guess things have really gone downhill when a hugephone with rumble pak and comic sans font gets the highest accolade

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

turnways posted:

i'm the orgy of visually similar information that becomes tiring to look at

i'm not in the best shape ever, i'll admit, but looking at things doesn't tire me out

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Last Chance posted:

lmao "please no more tim, please let there be peace, stop stomping us in sales!!" - ms

they just want tim to have some peace since last year's surface ads made him panic and scramble to release the apple surface

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
is it possible to get an upgrade license for windows 7 home anymore?

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

graph posted:

the slurface book got a firmware update which breaks multimonitor support. the update is not reversible. lol

a rare instance of ms following apple's lead

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
you know what works without having to worry about networking, printing or charging?

pen and paper

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
microsoft has nearly completed its plan to retreat from the games market

now all that remains is for sony to go out of business, and they're hard at work doing so

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

eric posted:

they already left it the xbone was released as a cable box and nintendo released a bad tablet. ps4's success and profitability is a result of sony being the only company releasing a home game console this generation

let's go ahead and toss some quotes around "profitability" in relation to sony since they sell the consoles at a loss and every other aspect of their business would suck away any profit it might theoretically make anyway

let's also go ahead and toss some quotes around "success" in relation to any gaming device not made by nintendo

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

eric posted:

let's not. ps4 has been profitable since early 2014. Sony has really benefited from being the only company to release a home console this generation.

again, the quotes are appropriate for "profitable" because they're still hemorrhaging money and console margins won't be enough to save them

if the console division is lucky they'll get spun off and can sink on their own merits some time after sony tanks

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
quick reminder: stop being creeps and trying to doxx shaggar

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i'll admit that i only keep a windows machine to play video games, but if i did lose it i'd still have nintendo devices to fall back on which would be acceptable

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

duTrieux. posted:

reminder that windows 10 is a demonstrably better operating system than windows 7.

the problem is that nobody has demonstrated as much

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i shut down my computer every night because it would be incredibly wasteful to do otherwise

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i also shut off my computer when i leave the house, go on vacation or otherwise stop using it for any length of time

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
mods please re-add stux to the probe train tia

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
if microsoft isn't careful their phone sales might see apple levels of decline and that would be ruinous

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
apple missed on selling as many phones as even they thought they would

they had to cut production and that hasn't happened to the iphone ever and apple in general since the ipod dragged them back from the brink

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

qirex posted:

hahaha there's a word filter that changes 'xbone' to xbone

proof that the superior abbreviation is xb1x

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

this is the correct answer

nintendo products have always been the superior non-console, non-pc gaming devices however

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
probably about 40 million of the psps sold were intended to be used with "magic batteries" and would never play a single purchased psp game

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Necc0 posted:

my uncle got a surface pro and just asked me to help him set it up

what do i need to know

it was the inspiration for the ipad pro because tim was frightened by some advertising

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

THC posted:

it's under my desk so yea

that's the wastebasket

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
sony is breaking up in the atmosphere prior to impact

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i honestly don't see how the plugs would get bent unless you're really clumsy or putting far too much stress on the cable after it's plugged in

plug-shamers can most definitely get bent, however

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
don't buy an lg anything ever

whirlpool is where it's at

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
this is the last gasp of microsoft's entertainment division before microsoft's larger strategy of getting out of the games market is completed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

flakeloaf posted:

most of the recent, significant xbox one announcements involve being able to play the games that ran just fine on its perfectly serviceable predecessor

serviceable for a certain subset of predecessors (roughly 66%)

• Locked thread