Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pram
Jun 10, 2001

Fabricated posted:

Yeah BYOD isn't some sign of coming Mac dominance in enterprise. It's a lovely idea that will collide with reality as time goes on and IT infrastructures start realizing they're spending way too much time CJing everything and that VMs and Cloud poo poo don't solve it. Then it'll be back to standardizing on specific supported hardware again.

There's nothing I enjoy more at my job than telling people they can't have Macs, outside of people with their own discretionary funding that get so mad at us for refusing to support them that they go out and buy their own, then act surprised when they can't get their work done and ask us for support to which we say, "Sorry, your Mac isn't in our supported model. Could we recommend an HP or Dell workstation?"

edit: Actually BYOD for phones seems to be fine IMO if you think I'm being lovely about it. Not much difference really between any of the smartphones anymore as far as supporting the basics.

lmao a literal windows janitor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
uhh its called keynote and numbers

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

regression analysis

whoa there fella this is yospos not mathpos

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Caged posted:

whadya mean we need to install network infrastructure in that new lab? we spent all the budget on the imacs. work something out, champ.

just do internet sharing over an imacs wifi duh

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Fabricated posted:

yeah, you could just buy a pile of optiplexes or HPs for a fraction of the price that'll work just as well and run software that they might actually use in a real job

you are sadistic

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Phoenixan posted:

if you don't want to shell out for a cintiq you could get one of those monoprice tablets

just make sure you leave your wacom driver installed if you use photoshop

ffffært

pram
Jun 10, 2001

infernal machines posted:

i love that SaaS has basically realized sun's 90s dream of the NC

except that now the NC part is irrelevant because you can use a phone or tablet or thick client as your terminal based on convenience

the network is the computer

pram
Jun 10, 2001
osx owns

pram
Jun 10, 2001
cool the main argument for windows is WHAT ABOUT OLD STUFF THATS DESIGNED BAD ? HMM?? CHECKMATE

pram
Jun 10, 2001
WHAT IF YOUR WEBSITE ONLY SUPPORTS A 12 YEAR OLD BROWSER MACFAGS

pram
Jun 10, 2001
ie6 is literally a crime against humanity

pram
Jun 10, 2001

univbee posted:

welcome to cj'ing, enjoy your stay!

hmm no i only cj unix systems

pram
Jun 10, 2001

api call girl posted:

i think you'll find that it is you who are doing it wrong

pram
Jun 10, 2001
u mean windows admins are dumb and lazy as poo poo *faux surprise*

pram
Jun 10, 2001
join a macbook to our domain? uhh this wasnt on the mcse lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Shaggar posted:

Microsoft doesn't break things. the admin breaks things and then blames the last update which didn't affect anything related to what the admin broke.

apple doesn't announce they will break dns for a year and then they do it.

lol shagger

pram
Jun 10, 2001
microsofts updates are flawless like for example surfaces that were bricked by rt 8.1

pram
Jun 10, 2001
actually shagger is right in one respect microsoft doesnt break backwards compatibility by allowing ancient lovely software like IE6 to fester like a cancer for years

pram
Jun 10, 2001
im using time.apple.com

pram
Jun 10, 2001

time to get a watch!!

pram
Jun 10, 2001
lol so sarcastic and irreverent

pram
Jun 10, 2001
the os being a pos

pram
Jun 10, 2001
welcome to windows where running a 10 year old server os is business as usual

pram
Jun 10, 2001
yeah except the latest rhel 6 release was just a couple seconds ago!! owned bitch

pram
Jun 10, 2001
lol welcome to production networks :smug: ahahaha lol welcome to.. production.. bitch. windows style. 2k3

pram
Jun 10, 2001
Put a platform on every mobile and in every cloud.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
there i did it 4 u micro$haft give me 100000000000000000000 million dolars

pram
Jun 10, 2001

duTrieux. posted:

for real though this isn't a change in anything other than the messaging. "mobile" equates to "devices" because the former depends entirely on the latter, while "cloud" translates to "services" becaus ewhat the gently caress else do you use a cloud for?

the Cloud is the Mobile

pram
Jun 10, 2001

quote:

Xbox is one of the most-revered consumer brands
uhh lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001
lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001
it can print!!!!!!!

pram
Jun 10, 2001
printing the killer app of 2k14

pram
Jun 10, 2001
they cant resist

pram
Jun 10, 2001

lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001
DATAEASE

pram
Jun 10, 2001
wow that mouse cursor is super hosed mate

pram
Jun 10, 2001

quote:

“We will increase the fluidity of information and ideas by taking actions to flatten the organization and develop leaner business processes,”

and by flatten the org we mean no managers will be fired

pram
Jun 10, 2001
because thats what happens in acquisitions

pram
Jun 10, 2001
bold things microsoft has done to warrant stock increase:

1) fire ballmer
2) fire some more people

who knows what the future holds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU