Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Luigi Thirty posted:

well at least there's one start button again. oh wait, there's a start button, a search box, and a multiple desktops button. well, the Windows Chicago '94 beta had three start buttons too so I guess that's okay

That's clearly start, search eyeball, and help/tooltip (for when you just can't wait 4 seconds to know what will pop up when you mouseover something)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Phoenixan posted:

> use cortana to bing cortana:ovr:

That's an interesting command

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Cold on a Cob posted:

they should have stopped at 7

i still chuckle at how they chased apple down a path that apple never actually intended to go down

Did Apple even juke them out or did they do it to themselves?

What was the story here

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

anthonypants posted:

a guy at work was telling me about windows core and how it's going to be the next docker and lol

No no you misunderstood. He meant it's going to be the next

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Stymie posted:

shown: the moment when ballmer realizes he got conned into overpaying for a loser team

He also bought the LA Clippers

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Beeftweeter posted:

amazon used to use lasership and they were consistently better than ups or fedex at getting poo poo here on time (early even) and undamaged

i dont think they use them anymore though, idk why

Amazon used lasership for me only once in the last three years. My package arrived 8 days late after I had already filed a claim and been reimbursed by Amazon. v:confused:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

univbee posted:

here in montreal temperatures get lower than that pretty consistently in the middle of winter

Also minnesota and the dakotas. This episode of north america is colder than europe has been brought to you by the letter M

• Locked thread