Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Dead Island is a fun with friends game, which is a pretty backhanded compliment. But you could get into a truck and run over zombies so that was fun. If only Dead Rising hadn’t come out five years before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023

Consummate Professional posted:

The link isn’t working please help

I've sent you a link to my personal collection.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Aw, I don't know about barely comprehensible. There's a storyline there, it's just a little shaky and Lynchy.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Maybe that’s why Nick Cage is gonna be in dbd.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Remember when they made Pyramid Head too thick and had to nerf his rear end

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
I think the prequel game Cayde is free if you want to get a taste of that team’s style.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
In the Silent Hill 2 remake, you will be able to go back to James' car and find Mary in the trunk.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
That Callisto Protocol dlc ending. :shepface:

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
What’s the laziest thing to do with a game’s ending?

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
After fighting yet another of the one boss fight they put in the game, your reveal is that the main character has been in a medically induced coma since somewhere around the climax of the game proper, and the doctor who at the end tells you that there might be another way out (as the stinger for the game proper's ending) has been keeping you alive despite your limbs rotting off and pretty deep monsterification. She's doing this because your brain is still hooked up to that one terrorist lady's brain, and by downloading her brain, or something, (that never really had a satisfying payoff,) she might be able to tell everyone the secrets of the evil hosed up Pubg prison. She's been pushing you to keep going and just a little more because she's at pretty high data completion I guess. She hits 100% data transfer and then a rock falls presumably killing both you and her. Surprise, you've been playing a coma dream so Calli2to Protocol can handwave away whatever it wants, thank you for your money.

In less depressing news, the Darkwood devs are making a game about turn-based soccer. They did an interesting little talk about what they've done since Darkwood and showed a few stills of two cancelled games they did. Was neat. Apparently Darkwood hit 1.5 million sales.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Sometimes you have to kill a rape victim to ensure their evil projection can’t hurt anyone else, or kill yourself. It’s deep. You guys wouldn’t GET it.
:goonsay-except-even-a-goon-would-never-defend-the-medium:

vv Tales of WHAT

Your Uncle Dracula fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jul 15, 2023

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023

Instant Grat posted:

Nope, lol

Sounds like there would've been 15,000 pesetas waiting for me if I had?

if you go to it right after you dunk a gigante, it’ll rear back up and take you with it into the lava.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
He had a mortgage to pay like anyone else. :v:

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
you can never truly kill nicholas cage

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_mW8mBzmHo
classic's of youtube

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Anatomy still the best for haunted house first person creep even if it's more about the house than the haunting.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Many people die in hospital.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023

Captain Hygiene posted:

I just got a new game last week, and no one bothered to congratulate me :smith:

congrats. whats their name

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
As a person gets older, the appeal of limited saves and never being able to pause wanes as the amount of important things to do waxes. The stress of limited save systems is fine and can lead to some memorable moments, but it's not worth the accessibility annoyances.

Your Uncle Dracula fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Aug 23, 2023

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
That's why I stopped Yuppie Psycho after losing an hour to a boss battle with unclear instructions. I'm sure it's got good spooky stuff in it, but gently caress, man. Give me a checkpoint.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Just watch the LP.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
They're ghosts. They can turn invisible!

e: ...Ah! Ah! Ha!

Your Uncle Dracula fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Sep 13, 2023

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
I think you can skip to 2 without too much trouble, just watch some videos on 1. 1's a misery game and not all of it is intentional, 2 the guy's definitely learned a lot more.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023

The Saddest Rhino posted:

What happened to epic? Just woke up and wanted to ask if stasis bone totem is any good

It's pretty good. Well written. (Still an adventure game, though.) Apparently they just did a patch that gets rid of a bunch of AI generated gaff to make things smoother.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Don't play Kuon. It's got great style but it's not a fun game.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023

Morpheus posted:

Finished Stasis: Bone Totem the other day. Quite liked it, the writing, acting, cutscenes, story, all well done (though whenever the woman speaks through the comms, for some reason her breathing really spikes the mic). A lot more body horror than I anticipated, though the story went in directions I certainly didn't expect. The puzzles were pretty good, though there were a couple that were juuuuust teetering over that line where it become hard to understand why you're expected to try that particular solution, and combining that with some places having a lot of running back and forth between potential solutions took a bit of wind out of the sails. Still, not too many of those, at least.

I really liked the backstory of the world, though. I don't know if it shares a world with other games, but there's a guy who, I guess, ascended to some sort of godhood, which seems to have completely replaced religion in the world with the company he ran. A character explains that 'he killed God', though something tells me that's a bit of exaggeration. Really made me interested to hear more about the world outside the space where the game takes place.

Yeah, go back to Stasis. It's not as good but it's in the same world. (Skip Cayne. It's a free game in the same universe and it's stupid.)

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Maybe if it came out in 2017-18.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
There is something conceptually funny about beating the crystallized concepts of your guilt with a plank of wood.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
do not play the third birthday

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
https://youtu.be/pZzk-Fk07ug?si=KSIxyjs3lyzKQOA3

Lol. Lmao. This would probably be a fine and schlocky Until Dawn knockoff if they just didn’t call it Silent Hill.

It feels like they set out to make “a horror movie game,” rather than “a really hosed up scary game.” I’m not precious about what is Silent Hill and this implied apotheosis angle might be cool, but being stalked by a scary serial killer outside your house… doesn’t feel like it.

Your Uncle Dracula fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Oct 18, 2023

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
There's some weird poo poo going around with the FEAR DLC. I kind of think they're trying to squeeze some extra cash out of it.

Night10194 posted:

Re-finished Gorky 17. The last area is kind of a bastard of weird exposition and mandatory betrayal, all your stun equipment stops working, and the actual ending is kind of nonsense to set up a sequel that never happened.

But still, the game itself is really fun. Fighting weird cyber-horrors in turn based resource conservation combat is an approach you just don't see often in survival horror, and I like all the battles being scripted. You have X problems, you need to solve them using Y resources is a good formula for survival horror.

Apparently there was a sequel called Gorky Zero 2: Aurora Watching but the English translation removed all connective tissue to previous games?

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Yeah, it felt like a game where you should’ve kept getting new weapons but you’re kind of stuck with wind as your main damage dealer and fire for big aoe while water and your arrows are useless and the talismans are pretty restricted in use.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023

Oxxidation posted:

ACHTUNG
ACHTUNG
PSYCHOLOGIE UND LESBEN VORAUS

More posts like this

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023

no cussing in the horror thread

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
I watched the Nitro Rad retrospective on them recently. I didn't realize there was a 3DS spinoff with an AR gimmick. Looks pretty bad!

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
I can’t wait to find out how this fmv woman is untrustworthy.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Sam Barlow is kind of a lame auteur but I liked the investigative gameplay of Her Story even if the reveal stinks. But yeah I’ll take a hundred of his games over a single Cage game (opinion subject to change if Barlow is revealed to be a poo poo).

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Downpour is a tier above homecoming and origins. No real cult poo poo. Focus on personal trauma. Maybe they explain a little too much but they’re trying. Which is better than you could say for Ascension and the jam man.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
In fairness if I was in scary frozen silent hill, you know I’m gonna be looking at titties and brewskis to cope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Went through the Dark Seed games again. I think that firstly 2 is pretty bad compared to 1 (though neither are really worthy of the SCARIEST GAMES EVER titles) and secondly, it’s one of the few stories where “all in your head” is a satisfying conclusion. In 2, he’s struggling with the trauma of 1 and continuing nightmares he’s had since before the series began and is starting to lose it, and papers the… weirder but also more mundane Dark World over things to try and justify his trauma. It’s okay, Mike thinks, it’s all worth it, because I can use that experience from then to save the town / bring Rita’s killer to Justice / be the hero again. It’s also shown in how he starts to view Rita herself, going from horror and pain that she’s been killed into eventually thinking she deserved what she got, as he needs the personal excuse less to be ‘the hero’ anymore. I’m not doing a great job in explaining this, but I think there’s legitimately enough implication that he’s a completely unreliable narrator that you can put forward the ‘in his head’ theory without sounding like you’re just trying to write a Rugrats creepypasta.