Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

CuddleCryptid posted:

Presumably that would be more like Space Station 13/Barotrauma where you have someone running around loving up the base and people have to figure out who it is and deal with them and the problems before everything shuts down. And killed people would get replaced as Things.

It'd probably be a nightmare to balance but it would be entertaining.

I’m thinking a playable version of Unfortunate Spaceman. Mafia game + lite FPS has so much potential and a terminator skin is perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Zushio posted:

It looks pretty good, but I'm not buying it unless they add Ruby and Pablo as PCs.

OK, just Ruby.

Give me Mia from the remake. 1) remake rules 2) I wanna shove a chainsaw in a zombie's mouth

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I was doing a lot of streaming just for a dozen or so friends during quarantine. Lots of puzzle and adventure games we could solve together line Obra Dinn or Painscreek Killings. I let them pick a game for me and they went with Doki and I really fought it cause I felt like they were just trolling me and making me play an anime thing I was gonna hate so gently caress them I got into it and gave all the girls voices and we were having fun.

Little did I know they were just waiting for the turn and watching as I slowly realized things were off. Really loved the experience but I think you either have to love the visual novel genre and embrace the perversion of the tropes or know literally nothing.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Basic Chunnel posted:

It’s a non-linear “experience” as much or more than it is a game. In spirit it’s actually a lot more like Sleep No More than the Hitman trilogy or even Tacoma, games which directly appropriated and popularized that immersive theater program’s experimental approach to stage (read: level) design, but weren’t so committed to its broader non-linearity in narrative. Like in immersive theater there’s a sense of “always walking into a half-completed scene” with Immortality. It might let you rewind to see the full scene in a way theater can’t, but the emphasis is still on your particular experience of the work precisely as you experience it, rather than the experience broken down and rearranged after the fact.

I think you just sold me on this game

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Just finished Rachel Foster. Well that was tasteless.

Whoever did the environment and sound design should get a raise.

Whoever wrote the thing should get fired and sent packing to a gulag.

I think that’s the general consensus yeah. A real rotten experience.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I thought REvelations 2 felt pretty RE but by then the bar was pretty drat low

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Kona was rad but I got a game ending softlock bug about four hours in and never went back. That’ll really ruin a game for ya

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Read After Burning posted:

Oh, I know a sequel was announced! I just don't think there's been an update on it for a long time.

Oh, bummer! What happened? :ohdear: Couldn't pick up a crucial item? Invincible wolves?

I somehow got my save data on Darkside Detective erased (nothing got corrupted, I just started up the game one day and it was as if I'd never played), which has put me off from picking it back up for the past six months or so.

I don’t remember the specific item but there’s supposed to be something in the boot of a car out on one of the roads and the item just never spawned even after reloads. A few other people on the steam forums had the issue and the answer was I was SOL. I was streaming it with friends at the beginning of the pandemic so no one really wanted to run it that far back but we were all having fun until it happened .

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

“What if the powerhouse of the cell goes Chernobyl?” is an inspired question and I’m glad someone attempted to answer it even if that answer is a bit too anime for me.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

WHY BONER NOW posted:

How is the Blair witch 2019 game? Its on steam sale for $5.99

Its the blooberest bloober game yet. The blair witch stuff honestly feels tacked on

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Gaius Marius posted:

Is the princess evil

Its a modern horror game so even odds shes a stand in for the wife/daughter you killed

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

No they just drive really big cars.

They look like cars to you?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Kokoro Wish posted:

So what I'm hearing about Alan Wake 2 is that it's the Bloober Team level of follow up.

So it turns out he actually killed his wife the whole time?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Basic Chunnel posted:

I was really bullish on CONTROL until it became apparent to me that every uncanny valley-rear end dude who was like “gosh ma’am I just work here” was in fact a dude who just worked there. Everyone is imminently forthcoming and, worse, they’re always on the level with Jesse.

CONTROL plays with a lot of influences but the main reason I tend to bristle against Remedy games is that they tend to have the simplest, most surface-level takeaways from referents that are often really interesting. And when the referents are really weird there’s the unfortunate appearance of sanitizing those referents by de-complicating them.

Like, the other half of obvious reference in CONTROL besides SCP is Annihilation, and to me Annihilation’s facelessness of character is used to good effect in that the characters aren’t actually thin, it’s just that their secrets remain secret from the reader. CONTROL by contrast seems to take that method as a license to use simple absence of character detail as an atmosphere-building element… but the “office drones waiting through the apocalypse like they’re waiting for someone to restore lost internet” thing wears thin pretty quickly.

What actually pulled me through CONTROL was my overestimation of it; I kept expecting that the harnesses were the proverbial Radioactive Man goggles and that no one was actually safe from infection. But no, they worked exactly as they were said to, just like everything else is exactly as it appears. Iirc it wasn’t even a “power of belief” thing but a deus ex machina, another manifestation of the player’s benevolent Old God.

Anyway, people who are into the weird sci fi vibes of CONTROL might like PREY, an extremely good and very weird bit of mind-bending alien psychedelia; the visual aesthetic is similarly mid-century modern but blended with NASA functional-industrial design more than brutalism. Even better, it has characters. They’re often as clueless as CONTROL’s but tragically so.

I agree with all of this but weirdly its exactly why I love Control. Wading through corporate bureaucracy being as much of a nightmare as cosmic unknown entity invasion was like it was written specifically for me. I just wish Same Lake’s Steven King inspiration didn’t include not knowing how to end a story in a satisfying way.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

RIP trench/max you had a silky yet gravel-y voice.

Epic game store is shittier than Steam yeah but the free games make it worth downloading alone and the aversion to having two launchers is so weird to me but maybe just cause I’m an old and remember having to pull out the red, yellow and white wires from the back of my tv/vhs combo to swap between consoles.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

idontpost69 posted:

I cannot play open worlds with transparent icon marked engagement activities, can't do it anymore.

Big same. Witcher 3, specifically diving around Skellige, broke me

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Gaius Marius posted:

Kuon, Parasite Eve or Clock Tower?

gently caress Kuon, marry Clock Tower, kill Parasite Eve

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Its janky at times but it captures the vibe of the game I was obsessed with when I was 8 better than anything else with the title. Definitely took notes from the REmakes. Will probably be better than Bloober Hill. I’m feeling a strong 7, maybe buy on sale if you’re not a horror die hard/AITD nostalgia sucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I can respect Shipwrecked 64 but I think the metaplot got really really stupid in a way that it didn't need to.

So basically every ARG/creepypasta