Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Pyrogenesis posted:

None of Devil May Cry 3 videos actually work. Is there another source?

Come on man, the Internet Archive banner is right at the top of that page!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Heffer posted:

I don't disagree with you on any point, but it does seem premature to enshrine them when they're only three updates in.

Four, thank you very much. :colbert:

It's preemptive, sure, but it's already got the standard C&I touch and more, which I think earns it a spot on the recommended list.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Hold up, this went up on the archives a few days ago.

http://lparchive.org/Dekiru-Otoko-no-Mote-Life/

Also gonna throw out a recommendation for Pokemon Vietnamese Crystal, but while the first half is gold, it does kind of taper off midway through.

http://lparchive.org/Pokemon-Vietnamese-Crystal/

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

PlatinumJukebox posted:

Are there any good co-op VLPs like Kaubocks' Saints Row 2 LP where the game is broken and glitchy as all hell with hilarious results? Only similar ones I can think of are Mass Effect and Twilight Princess by the Freelance Astronauts. Oh, and the recent LPs by the Men Drinkin' Coffee.

There's always one of the good Sonic 06 LPs, in blind-Pokecapn and expert-MassRafter flavors. I can't post links because I'm on my phone, but they shouldn't be too hard to find.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Geop posted:

7) Please check the Master List and LPArchive.org if you're curious of whether something's been LP'd already. Also, if you're using LPArchive.org, there are numerous older LPs which you'll come across. Hosts have died over time, but many of these LPs have been uploaded to Archive.org! Keep an eye out for this banner in those cases:

COME ON IT'S RIGHT AT THE TOP OF THE ARCHIVE PAGE.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

I only just today discovered it, but Faerie Fortune is doing a blind VLP of Ocarina of Time with ChaosArgate as her copilot. Imagine Geop's Dark Souls LP, but more British, and while I don't want to reduce Faerie Fortune to a series of labels, well, she IS one o' them girl-type female goons, so if you've been wanting an LP narrated by a female goon, that bears mentioning!

But yeah, it's extremely good.

Fae knows almost nothing about the game past what she's played and part of this is to keep it a blind run, so it's a complete no-black bar zone there so don't go in and post about how you can't wait for a certain dungeon and please don't PM her about things that will eventually pop up.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Nihilarian posted:

Have you guys had a problem with people PMing her info about the game?

Yes.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Hideki Kamiya did an LP of a game he directed, Bayonetta, if that interests you. It wasn't an SA thing, but Yoshesque linked to it alongside her Bayonetta LP for ease of access.

http://www.lparchive.org/Bayonetta

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I love Kamiya-san. "I'm home alone and lonely. I'll be playing the game by myself." I bet his house is full of game posters.

Dude has a literal home arcade with tons and tons of PCBs for different games, game posters seem pretty lowbrow for him. :allears:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Technically 90% of Chip and Ironicus's stuff would fit because their dynamic is Experienced Player and Blind Co-commentator, so go give those a shot. In particular, their LPs of Metal Gear Rising (thread goldmined here) and The Wonderful 101 (this one's ongoing!) are absolute treasures. There's also zfleeman's Pikmin 3 LP where none of the three commentators know too much about Pikmin 3 but the main player is very familiar with the series.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I'm pretty sure they're going to come back to Wind Waker when they finish up their Punch Out thread.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Radio Talmudist posted:

Does anyone else remember Slowbeef's Metal Gear 2 Let's Play? It was very funny and hosted on a site that now seems defunct (slowbeef.com I think?). I'm trying to find a mirror.

I haven't checked the entire thing to see if it's all there, but here's a snapshot of slowbeef.com circa October 2007.

Edit: I should probably put a link. :downs:
https://web.archive.org/web/20071018031640/http://www.slowbeef.com/MG2/index.html

ChaosArgate fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Dec 31, 2014

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I'm lazy and haven't sent an archival request yet because I still need to clean up that thread.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

That's part of it too, I kinda forgot to send an archival request because archives were broken and Baldurk didn't wanna archive anything until they were fixed.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Teddybear posted:

I feel like I should have watched an anime to get this.

I have not.

Go watch it then, it's called JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and you can watch it on Crunchyroll. It's good.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

If you're willing to wait, I think Artix is planning on doing Lighting Returns after XIII-2.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Leavemywife posted:

Yapping Eevee's Hamtaro: Rainbow Rescue thread is absolutely goddamned adorable and more people should be reading it.

Seriously. Even though it's a Hamtaro game and a lot of people probably skip over it because of that, it's actually a fairly solid game by a guy who knows what he's doing with it. It's a good read, and so :3: it could very well kill you if you're not prepared for the levels of adorable in it.

To further vouch for this, the Hamtaro games are Nintendo-published games, developed by AlphaDream. That studio is made of ex-Square people and are also known for being the guys who made the excellent Mario & Luigi games.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Fiction posted:

Not sure if this request is too specific or not but does anybody know of a good LP of a strange or complex game that the LPer explains/demonstrates how to play really well? A lovely obscure JRPG would be especially good.

I can't think of any obscure JRPGs off the top of my head, but Platinum Games tends to put out very complex games and as such, their LPs are very meticulous about pointing out and explaining the nuances of the game. Chip Cheezum did fantastic and very in-depth LPs of Metal Gear Rising and The Wonderful 101, and Yoshesque is the Bayonetta master and has finished a Bayonetta 1 LP and is currently doing Bayonetta 2.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Aww man, that's really disappointing. I just found his OoT run like last week and I was gonna check out his other LPs after but they sound really bad in comparison. :(

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

The Vosgian Beast posted:

The Dark Id's stuff is pretty good. He does that for most games, with the exception of Nier, which he liked too much to bother editing in new dialogue.

Are you sure about that? I read it a little bit ago and I could have sworn I saw some of his trademark edits in there.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

The lady above me also happens to be doing all the Pikmin games blind with gnome7.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3726753

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Gonna second that one too on the grounds that it's the only one not presented as an in-character series of diary entries (well I dunno about the Persona 2 LP by Schildkrote, I never read it but that's from like '07 so it's probably not super thorough).

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

AlphaKretin posted:

Worth noting that they're waiting on the PC port which as far as I know keeps getting delayed.

It's due out within like 2 weeks but they've got enough on their plates that they probably can't do a thread for at least another few months.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

anilEhilated posted:

CJacobs is currently playing Bubsy in the Casual LP Thread. Schadenfreude doesn't get much more schaden than that.

Seconding this, I've never seen a man grow so terrified of eggs in such a short amount of time.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Aithon posted:

Trails in the Sky First Chapter is on the LP Archive and the Second Chapter is being done by Really Pants here. I haven't got to reading them yet, but I hear they're good.

Those aren't VLPs. :v:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

JordanKai posted:

Unless you're thinking of a different LP, the person doing the Dark Souls SL1 LP left the forums after it got out that he had faked being a cancer survivor to earn sympathy and was also mentally abusing his girlfriend. He was incredibly unstable at the time.

I guess all of Let's Play's old shames are getting pulled out of moth balls tonight. :(

Neither of those claims were true, but he definitely was unstable at the time. It seems like he's gotten his act together recently though, which was nice to hear when I found out.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Has anyone ever done a Dynasty Warriors LP?

Someone's doing Hyrule Warriors right now, if you're interested in licensed Warriors LPs.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Aithon posted:

ChaosArgate is also doing an LP of Devil Survivor right now. It's not technically a mainline game, but it explores the traditional themes of the series (demon apocalypse in Tokyo, technology used for summoning, angels and demons both assholes, multiple endings) really well. The LP's still in the early stage of the game, though.

Updates on this are also slow going thanks to a busy semester. :(

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Never doubt the magic of a pre-Nier Automata Yoko Taro game.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

You might wanna look at Genocyber's. I'm phone posting so I don't have a link on hand and her's was never archived, but they go by LotusGrammarye on YouTube.

E: vvv duly noted!

ChaosArgate fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jun 22, 2017

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Billzasilver posted:

I can't link it now, but there is a Ratchet and Clank VLP done by two of the original gamedevs .

I've heard that programmers and voice actors stream their own games on twitch sometimes?

The big one that comes to mind immediately is Kyle McCarley's stream playthrough of NieR Automata. For those who don't know, he's 9S, one of the lead characters of that game. Phone posting, so I don't have a link on hand, but you should be able to google his Youtube channel easily enough.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Wasn't someone posting a monster hunter generations LP where they ran all missions as a Prowler?

I can't find it. Am I losing my mind? (Don't answer that one.)

Hasn’t started yet on account of the poster going on vacation, assuming you mean Silver Falcon’s thing in the Sandcastle not too long ago.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Oh! That's where it was. I misremembered it as already being posted. Cheers!

It's live now if you're still interested.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

A Sometimes Food posted:

Angriest Pat's streaming it constantly. So is fellow SBF alum RisingSuperStream (Liam). Also Sleepcycles. I presume some of the Souls streaming/lping goons will get to it at some point so keep an eye on like CJacobs or ChaosArgate.

It's on my list, but I wanna do it the same way I did Demon's Souls and Bloodborne where my copilots actually know the game, so don't expect my run to start for at least a month or two. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Chuggaa’s honestly probably your best bet. Sure, he’s got his distinct style and reads all of the unvoiced dialogue out loud, but on the otherhand, its probably the most comprehensive Xenoblade Chronicles video series you could find out there.