Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
You can fertilize your lawn with old motor oil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

Pillbug

Croccers posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QBq-LacdSs
http://www.bottlecutting.com/
At least they give you a full kit right? :shrug:

Or don't,
purposely cut your mouth open and bleed to death on the floor like a animal.
Was it suicide or just #lifehax?

wanna breathe in those sanded glass particles

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

Pillbug
No lifehacker would ever need that seatbelt thing, since they already have at least 3 ways of opening bottles in their Everyday Carry.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

Pillbug

Lifehack: Wash your ziplock bag so you can reuse it and never have to wash a dish.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

Pillbug
My in-laws live in the US, and has what I guess is a pretty normal house, with a furnace in the basement which blows hot air through vents in the house, controlled by a thermostat.

However, the blowing is either ON FULL BLAST or off. Isn't there a way in US houses to get this just to blow constantly on some sort of low setting?

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

Pillbug

its all nice on rice posted:

My fiance is a nanny of three kids and says this works. "Just give them a goddamn bucket of water and they'll 'paint' for a lot longer than you'd think. It darkens the wood. They think they're painting."

As someone who used to be a kid, I can confirm this.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

Pillbug

Karate Bastard posted:

I can't say how exactly this is a hack, but I know a hack when I see it damnit!

https://i.imgur.com/UjJ0hiv.mp4

Decent profit for probably single digits worth of gold.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

Pillbug
Oh god, it just reminds me of the girl who tried to do that in plaster :(

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

Pillbug
I'm moving to a new apartment, and I'm gonna miss the toilet in my current one. It's the only toilet I've used over a period of time that I haven't managed to clog.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

Pillbug

Sunswipe posted:

You know you can freeze bread and milk?

Have you tasted milk that's been frozen and then thawed?

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

Pillbug

Iron Crowned posted:

Here are two good lifehacks:

1) Cheese, if it's in an unopened package will go up a level in sharpness after the date stamped on the package. Example: Sharp Cheddar becomes Extra Sharp Cheddar.

I love the ding my cheese makes when it levels up.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

Pillbug

That's gotta be the droopiest ceiling titty I've ever seen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

Pillbug

Professor Shark posted:

I can’t think of many other things that consumers buy that matches disparity between operator cost and consumer cost than movie theatre concessions: popcorn and cola syrup are both super, super cheap but are sold for an incredible markup

For the biggest Marvel and Star Wars movies, Disney will ask over 100% of the ticket price from the theatre. If the theatre sells a ticket for $10, they have to pay Disney $14. Concessions are where theatres make their money, the theatres and seats and movies are there just to attract people to buy snacks.