Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Just get a couple rats. They are the legit best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

ChaosArgate posted:

Not everyone lives near a high end organic supermarket. It'd cost me more money in gas to go to either of those stores than to just walk down the street and buy Hershey's.

Just have your valet, butler, or some other manservant go get your chocolate for you. Jesus Christ, you loving peasant.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

In fact, forget the chocolate. Just have chili with bacon.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

slinkimalinki posted:

This is the correct way to prepare a kiwi, btw.

Step 3 seems unnecessary.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

ToxicSlurpee posted:

The really stupid thing is that if memory serves Mythbusters proved that you literally can't ignite gas with a cellphone. It just doesn't happen. Smoking near gas, however, is incredibly stupid.

Cigarettes can't ignite gasoline.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Meatwave posted:

Use pencils as dice, you loving nerds:

I used to do exactly this to roll up Shadowrun characters during study hall and detention. I didn't have fancy pre-numbered ones, so I'd just write on one pencil with another.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I just switched from coffee to crack cocaine.

Lifehack: Solve all of life's problems by drinking sweet, sweet crack cocaine. Even if the problems aren't solved, at least you'll stop caring about them.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

#9 doesn't say how much water to mix that poo poo with.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Ignite Memories posted:

Why the gently caress hasn't whataburger expanded northward??!

Depending on exactly how north you are there is Culver's, and that's like a Whataburger with sundaes.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Angela Christine posted:

If you have a bit of noodle or something stuck to the plate when you put your plate in the sink of water you're going to have a bit of noodle floating around in there. When the bit of noodle brushes your hand it feels like a slimy worm. :gonk:

I'm so loving triggered right now.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Decrepus posted:

Find a local sewer plant that uses chrlorine gas and string up your clothes in the room and open the cylinders.

Save time by wearing the clothes when you do this. Walla!

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Why wouldn't you just cook the ramen? Like, that "hack" is to convert the pasta to mush, convert the mush back into pasta, then cook the pasta. What's the point?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

MasBrillante posted:

Can you explain the white chalk hopskotch thing at the end of the stairs?

I assume that image is from an advertisement for the weird stairs, and that is there to show space savings.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Picnic Princess posted:

They need to make aerosol garlic spray, would solve so many problems

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Tiggum posted:

How long are you spending on the toilet? Except when I've been sick, I've never taken long enough to make bringing reading material worthwhile.

When somebody spends 30 minutes in the toilet it's because they spend 2 minutes making GBS threads and 28 minutes not being at work. I'm unsure how this math is confusing to you.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I unironically like 10 of those. I think something's wrong with me. :(

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

As a change of pace, this is actually super useful. Just make sure you punch the holes a couple inches up, in case a bag ever leaks.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Not all garbage cans do this, I'm sure, but sometimes, usually with a really full bag, the bag will create a seal around the edge of the can, which means when you pull it out you're creating a weak vacuum on the bottom. Then you go to lift the bag out and the whole can comes up with it, then slowwwwllyy slides off as air seeps in. Good ol #psychics.

Yeah, this. As a nice side effect it also eliminates the occasional annoyance of air being trapped under a new empty bag, preventing it from fully expanding.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Sleeveless posted:

I'm pretty sure self surgery has more to do with the woeful state of health care in America than whatever comic book thing you're talking about.

If I have an ingrown toenail I can either live in stabbing agony, take a pliers and cleaver to my foot, or spend my grocery and rent money on a doctor. I can choose ANY of those. That's Freedom, baby!

:gop:

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

titties posted:

Are you even capable of looking another person in the eye

titties posted:

I just want them to look at me.

Good post/username combos.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I just eat my victims off the floor like a animal, you pieces of poo poo.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Warbird posted:

Lifehack: Don't live in cold hellish climates that permit snow to stay on the ground like an animal you piece of poo poo longer than a few hours.

That would make it difficult to build the topical snowman.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Meowjesty posted:

Now we just need to summon someone who hates ketchup to tell us the lifehack is to just not use ketchup because only idiot babies like ketchup

Then the ritual will be complete and I will be free

This is me. You're welcome.

Besesoth posted:

I have nothing against idiots who like catsup, but everything against idiot babies who spell it "ketchup". :rolleyes:

You spell things wrong.

In other news, I ate a banana today and I specifically peeled it from the stem end, because gently caress lifehackers.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

"Replace a purpose built product with a cheap product that's not designed for the task at hand but sorta kinda does it in a passingly lovely way if you squint at it right." is literally every lifehack.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Reading every thread in depth but never posting is my gimmick.

Edit: gently caress! Mods, please delete. :(

rydiafan has a new favorite as of 23:03 on Jun 4, 2016

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

EKDS5k posted:

I hope you only ever use it to hang things that are symmetrical.

If you set the copier to mirror the image you'd be fine, but there's zero chance anybody using this would have thought of that.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Powered Descent posted:

Hey, sometimes it just feels nice to get your sock cooked. Having a girlfriend who cooks sock (and does it well) is a great feeling.

(Lifehack: dredge up an ancient pun spoonerism and pretend it's new!)

:colbert:

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

SpacePig posted:

How to cut a pizza into 10 slices: Cut a pizza 5 times.

Watch the video before commenting, smart guy! If you'd done that, you'd see that he only cuts it four times. Now you look like a jackass.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Rysithusiku posted:

The reason Goodwill acts so shady is that Goodwill is a for-profit company. Look it up some time.
If you're gonna donate something yourself, give it to an actual charity, not those asshats.

This is internet bullshit and is debunked every time it does the clickbait rounds on Facebook. The stores function in order to turn a profit, yeah, but that's because they need to actually have money to spend on the charity programs that are the reasons they exist.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

As with any retail chain, you'll get some lovely and some good experiences based on the store manager. These local decisions don't always reflect company policy.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Dareon posted:

Impossible, animals don't use Segways.

https://youtu.be/NPGUIpv-JxI

https://youtu.be/haB7xEikaL8

Never underestimate the things humanity will force animals to do for our amusement.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Karate Bastard posted:

Oh... thought provoking.

But no, straight up offing yourself intentionally is not a very good life hack, I'm sorry.

Lifehack: Already have Snatch Duster on ignore from the cosplay thread, so you don't have to read his posts here.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Palpek posted:

One time I just looked at a wine bottle and it popped open.

Same, but it was panties and I'm The Fonz.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

zedprime posted:

The obvious cutlery life hack is the only utensil you really need is a spoon with a small part of it sharpened to an edge. Forks and sporks are just ruined spoons and knives are nice, but why not multitask with a sharp spoon?
There is but one true utensil.

https://youtu.be/TTygajaWaR0

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Butt Ox posted:

I would expect the acid + baking soda to at least get a little fizzy.

I assume the intent if for that fizzy to build up enough pressure to explode the bottle and take off a fingat.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

As if I'm going to take advice from someone who opens their banana from the stem end. :smuggo:

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Karate Bastard posted:

Here dumbasses y'all've been wrong this whole time an you didn't even know it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dcy-nipyTEQ

Hack this motherfuckers.

Exclusive? What the hell does that even mean?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

You're insane if you think in this economy a huge percentage of adults don't eat 75 cent white bread instead of $3 multigrain stuff.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Roommate passive-aggressively padlocked his mug to the dish drainer? Break off the handle. Walla!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

How the gently caress are electronics sold without the cable attached in any place except the 1960s Soviet Union? Did you people buy cars without steering wheels and axles too?