Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
When I was a little kid and bored at my grandmother's house, I'd flick through her magazines. Stuff like Take A Break, Woman's Own, guff like that. Usually there'd be a section in the letters page with some really asinine "tips" like freezing toothpaste to make terrible mints, or using Pepsi cups from the cinema as tacky toothpaste holders.

Fifteen years later those bullshit tips are back in a big way, with such genius pieces of advice as:

How about you just go wash your hands when you're done instead of eating like a crazy person?

This isn't a hack. This is what those yoghurt cups are designed to do. That's why they're shaped like that.

I kinda get WHY this person thought this was genius, but he's just put out more food for the ants in an attempt to get rid of ants.

reddit.com/r/lifehacks posted:

Self conscious about people being able to hear your fecal matter hit the toilet water?

Lay down some toilet paper in the water before hand! This works well for me since my bathroom is pretty close to our family living room

Alternatively, grow the gently caress up.

Let's post our favourite examples of people who think they're so smart making up elaborate procedures for simple tasks, justifying acting like a gross child by claiming they're saving time and effort, or sharing their amazing neat tricks that are impractical, dangerous, illegal or just plain pointless.

Pre-emptive edit: It doesn't matter if somebody posts a fake one, they're still funny.

Dr Snofeld has a new favorite as of 23:04 on Jul 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Dangit Ronpaul posted:

http://lifehacker.com/hack-the-chipotle-burrito-bowl-for-more-meat-by-orderin-1006571055

tl;dr: maximize the amount of meat you get at chipotle by not only ordering nothing but a giant pile of meat and guac, but doing it in the spergiest and most annoying way possible

This one also works if you don't like going out to eat, because after seeing you order a big old plate of meat with guacamole dumped on it, nobody will ever invite you out to eat again, you disgusting loser.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

JibbaJabberwocky posted:

This is actually wrong and wrong in such a way that it:
a. tells people they should totally pretend to have an emotional support animal to avoid pet deposits or to pull one over on their landlord
b. tells people all they need to do is register with one of the for-profit agencies that make these "documents"
c. makes people disbelieve legitimate emotional support animals without this needless documentation

All of which is bullshit. To have an emotional support animal you only need two things: a diagnosis of a disability as defined by the ADA and documentation from a physician that this animal benefits you in some way. Then and only then are you entitled to housing exclusions under the ADA. Just printing a certificate off the internet will not cut it and you can be heavily fined for lying if you're discovered.

This is the exact perfect mix of smug, useless and unethical that I love in life hacks.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

razorrozar posted:

This seems unethical.

I've seen this one mentioned before. As it turned out the cop had seen this hack too, so it didn't work.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
From the last page, but:

Henchman of Santa posted:

Can things on Doomsday Preppers count as life hacks? Because there's no thread in TV IV but I really need somewhere to talk about a man making a flamethrower powered by rabbit poop.

Absolutely, I'd say that they also belong to the same school of "strange people doing ridiculous things and feeling smug about it" thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Nah I just get annoyed when people don't get how the thread works.

I, in the OP, posted:

Pre-emptive edit: It doesn't matter if somebody posts a fake one, they're still funny.