Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Oh hey you made this thread. I'll repost these videos that somebody already linked in the chat thread. I'd never seen them before but they're neat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fQwU7uUPcU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FxMcEZA-9k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7yMDnXmcPk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXo0ae_mf-g

I like that Gunn was able to figure out that Guy Gardner is an rear end in a top hat at first glance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Laughing Zealot posted:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=54067

So we have a Fem-Thor. Outfit's not too shabby, but I would really like if they got rid of the boob-plate...

Yeah, I think what they're trying to do with the boob-plate is incorporate some of man-Thor's look and it doesn't really carry over well. Like, I think they're trying to take his chest... plates?

(What the hell are those anyway?)

...And just transfer that to a woman, but someone decided "Well if we're gonna be slapping metal bits over her boobs anyway, why not go full plate?"

Or you could just take the cynical route and say they just wanted to show off a female character's boobs.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Schneider Heim posted:

What do people prefer for Thor? Armored sleeves or none? They're a good idea, but Thor doesn't really need them at all. I think the bare arms really drive home his strength and physique. It's like how long-sleeved jerseys rarely look good on basketball players.

Also, I really liked the Ben Reilly Spider-Man costume. It was 90s with the enlarged spider symbol, but it wasn't as tacky as the Scarlet Spider torn shirt.

I prefer armored simply because they fit more in line with my idea of what a viking god should look like. Plus, half the time artists just draw them as like, plate spandex so you still get to see that he has huge muscles.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Not gonna lie, if KC Bats made the Batbots look like that, I am pretty sure criminal's pants making GBS threads would be up by 50000%.

gently caress criminals being a superstitious and cowardly lot, you put those things flying around, average non-criminals will be pissing their pants.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Trast posted:

Have they ever done a gag where Emma Frost just projects an illusion that she is wearing some sort of skimpy thing and she's really running around in sweats and comfy shoes?

Don't know about outfit, but in regards to illusion, she showed up in Old Man Logan looking the same as ever and when Logan (or Hawkeye I forget) questioned it she called them dumb and said of course it was an illusion and she had aged.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Nevvy Z posted:

The "I just grabbed whatever out of my closet because gently caress it I'm retired" Spiderman is my favorite by far.

WOMAN, WHERE IS MY SUPER-SUIT? I CAN ONLY FIND THE MASK AND THE GLOVES

"I think it's in the attic, check the back of the closet, I'm sure one of them is back there, maybe that black one you like"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Say Nothing posted:

Why is future Peter Parker always fat?

Wealth and fame, he's ignored; donuts are his reward.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

As someone who attempted to go trick or treating as Darkwing duck once, let met tell you, there's nothing practical about that hat.

Really? I figure once you get past the mental block of walking around pantsless it's a cinch.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Waterhaul posted:

Those were all awesome costumes :colbert:

X-Men cartoon/Marvel v Capcom X-Men costumes are the best kind of costume, noticeably superhero and colourful yet stylish enough that they work as a whole.

Even if elements of it are dumb, I really do like cartoon/90s Cyclops more than any of the full bodysuit versions I've ever seen. No Scott, putting an X on your face does not make the body condom cool, just stop trying to make it work already. poo poo, young time-displaced Cyclops has a better costume.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Wanamingo posted:

Gambit just can't rock that poo poo like Booster Gold does.

Well, Booster's blonde hair and the glasses helps the color-coordination factor and he pulls it off much better. Gambit is all over the place, color-wise, and that's why the headsock looks bad.

Aphrodite posted:

The X on the face is his visor. It's just rarely drawn that way.

You can't blame him for not knowing how to make anything that isn't shaped like an X.

I know the X is his visor, but much like Havok's circles, functionality doesn't make it less dumb looking.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

404GoonNotFound posted:

The Gang Goes To A Convention

You gotta pay the Magne-toll

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Anora posted:

So this is DC's answer to Ms. Marvel?

If so, it's a terrible answer if they're sticking her on Teen Titans heyooooo but seriously what a horrible comic

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Ghostlight posted:

You forgot that he finally kills himself with his mind, and when that ends him up in Valhalla he blubs about being just a regular New Yorker so Odin kicks him out the door to regular 'Afterlife'.

tbf I don't know what regular Afterlife entails in the Marvel universe, but I have to imagine after about the first couple of weeks of hanging out with vikings and getting hosed up on mead, I'd be ready for literally anything else.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
That hair is stupid and I hate it. Rest is okay I guess.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

fatherboxx posted:

He actually had a feathery cape for a brief time in New 52

What an ugly mess

For a brief time? Naw, he's still rockin' that poo poo. The red cape lookin' thing behind him in Teenage Fansub's picture? Those are the wings. They work kinda like Batman's cape in the Arkham games which is to say "They're gliders when they need to be".

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

Neat project with female illustrators redesigning some women from games and comics

I really like this Power Girl design, because it addresses two of the things that I usually think get missed when the character's costume is looked at for this stuff:
1. The cleavage is not necessarily a problem (the mesh par of the top acknowledges that it could certainly be an element)
2. If you're going to get rid of that as an element of the top? Replace it with something interesting. Too many PG redesigns just plug the boob window and call it a day. Maybe slap some jeans on her if they're feeling really daring. This one came up with an actual idea. Not sure how I feel about the I/O symbol, but it does fit the name, and the character's tech magnate shtick, so... I like it more than I don't?

Also, the hand wraps are bad-rear end.

I dislike the Polaris one though, mostly for colour palate. If you're keeping the green hair, keep the green in the outfit, or at least avoid yellow.

I really like the Power Girl one, except the I/O symbol. If only because it seems like it belongs on a hero based around technology (or if you're reaching, electricity). It just seems like if you gave her that costume in comics, then sooner or later you're gonna have some hi-larious writer (or a bunch) writing jokes where criminals ask what the symbol's for and she explains it's because she's powerful, duh.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
That Superman non-costume is just awful. It's like they read comments on the internet hating the super-armor and instead of just redesigning that into something resembling a more classic uniform or doing something else without lines all over it they just went totally the other (wrong) way and said "Hey superheroes with 'functional costumes' are in right now huh, well let's just give Clark Kent a T-shirt 2 sizes too small and go!"''

Wonder Woman's not bad though, although I don't get the need for her Baraka Blades.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

redbackground posted:

It's based on one of the segments from the Gotham Knight anime.

If they had toned down the severe color contrast to match the original look, it might not have looked quite so doofy. Well, there's no help for those eyes.

That looks weird but at least with the all-black it works. I have no idea why the game seems to be going with the weird "Black shoulder pads and gray pillow abs" look.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I don't think the Animal Man costume is bad per se, but I do think it has a lot of orange, and Animal Man is blonde, and what I'm getting at is it looks really close to Aquaman's costume. Sure you can make it all weird, but to me I just see fins on Aquaman and think "Man Aquaman is being really heavyhanded with this King of the Sea motif"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I like it but I agree with Endless Mike that there are gonna be a lot of artists who gently caress up drawing that.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Dacap posted:

I just saw this DLC promo for Arkham Knight, the Batman Beyond suit is ridiculously overdesigned

This makes me so much angrier than it should. Like, I might get that they couldn't make a normal Beyond suit stretch over Batman's model in the game since Arkham Knight's Batsuit looks ridiculously overdesigned already, but then DKR Batman is right there and looks totally normal. So... why?

It's like if you asked a 15 year old on DeviantArt to draw Batman Beyond, "and make it fuckin' rad"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Travis343 posted:

Where is that costume going to be seen? Is it just Ross having a good time or are they putting that in a book now?

Please tell me they're not changing Miles' costume for 616.

No, they're changing Peter's costume for 616. :unsmigghh:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

That's really cool but I can see why it was never made, because I can not believe that anyone could kill that Caesar with something so simple as a dagger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Oh, I only saw the design pictures. I guess the production photos didn't load right for some reason on my phone

• Locked thread